Need to WOW husband....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Several options came to my mind when I read this.

1. You should have rolled over towards him, looked him square in the eye and said "you know, it's been boring me, too...why don't you take a stab at it for a while before I suffer some real burnout and poison the sugar dates?! Then, kiss him goodnight, and roll back over. Fake snoring would be helpful here.

2. For 30 bucks, you can make a nice dinner with some double thick pork chops, risotto with kiln dried cherries and roasted patty pan squash, and then top that off with chocolate mousse and amaretto cordials.

3. Spend the entire 30 bucks on a nice bottle of wine, light as many candles as you can get your hands on, turn on some jazz, take off all your clothes except your heels and your pearls....and ask him if he's still bored after he regains his senses.

I really like all three choices, personally. I do so hope I was helpful.

VeraBlue said:
Several options came to my mind when I read this.

1. You should have rolled over towards him, looked him square in the eye and said "you know, it's been boring me, too...why don't you take a stab at it for a while before I suffer some real burnout and poison the sugar dates?! Then, kiss him goodnight, and roll back over. Fake snoring would be helpful here.

LOL!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

I like all of those suggestions though

You could always wear the food? Just nothing hot like caramel or bananas foster...that is more of a whoa then a wow.

TATTRAT said:
LOL!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

I like all of those suggestions though

You could always wear the food? Just nothing hot like caramel or bananas foster...that is more of a whoa then a wow.

Thank you thank you...just throw money...:clap:

I'm all for wearing the food, too, despite my constant need to monitor food temps and holding times. My favourite food to wear is chocolate, fruit, whipped cream, and the ocassional splash of brandy:brows:

instead of worrying about what you're cooking... why not worry about what you're wearing while you're cooking?

i bet THAT would get him interested in MORE than just the food.:):):)

I suggest meeting him at the door in the nude and saying..."Guess what's cooking!" lol

:shock: Ummmm..... I suggest you take your elbow, and slightly jab him in the stomach. Then say that you are working your butt off. THAT..... or suggest sushi! :) :clap:

KAYLINDA said:
I suggest meeting him at the door in the nude and saying..."Guess what's cooking!" lol

I have actually done that. :)

I also used to have some very sexy little "outfits" that I'd surpise him with. One night he came home, and I had on a black lace catsuit with an apron over it, and was fixing supper.

He loved that.

What's that saying again? The quickest way to a man's heart is with an ice pick through chest cavi..............never mind - it's gruesome!

I'm crying from laughing at the heels and pearls - (sorry Alix).

kitchenelf said:
What's that saying again? The quickest way to a man's heart is with an ice pick through chest cavi......

...quickly backing out of the room with one eye on Breezy Cooking and the other on Kitchenelf!

cjs said:
One of our favorites - looks like lots of ingred. but mostly spices. If you're like most people who try this, you'll be dipping anything you can get your hands on in the Walnut Cream sauce!! It's that good. You can use bells also, if preferred.

This recipe is from the November 2001 issue of Southern Living:

PORK-STUFFED POBLANOS with Walnut Cream Sauce served over Cinnamon Rice Pilaf.

Muscato is the perfect wine for this dish.
Do you ever serve the sauce with pasta? I'm thinking about that sauce tossed with chicken, pasta and mushrooms. The recipe calls for ground red pepper? cayenne?

Last edited:
eye5.gif
eye6.gif

geez, your eyes are really different AndyM:-p

The recipe isn't specific corazon90 ... I think cayenne or hot paprika would both work ... depending on how much heat you want. Since the source of the recipe is Southern Living magazine ... cayenne would probably be the most appropriate choice.

Last edited:
pdswife said:
:) ok... I admit it... I've been in a cooking slump for the last few weeks. I knew it but I was really hoping Paulie hadn't noticed. HE HAS! As we were falliing asleep last night he mentioned ( trying to be nice) that my cooking was really boring him lately.

I need to come up with a wonderful dinner for tomorrow that will knock him off his way too skinny butt!!

IDEAS?? Nothing too complicated since...though I love to cook my confidence level is also slumpping....

smiles, T

( p.s. I have to leave for the store in about 30 minutes so HELP FAST!!!! lol)

I hear ya about a cooking slump/rut for everyday cooking & recipes that don't take all day/fancy schmancy. Here are some ideas to get your creative cooking juices flowing again.

I like a good roast with potatoes, carrots and onions - almost any day.

BBQ ribs, coleslaw, baked potato or potato salad, onion rings (I like the Tony Roma's onion ring loaf - where you peel em off the loaf and eat), corn on the cob, macaroni salad, baked beans, salad, garlic bread. You get the idea.

Kabobs - chicken and/or beef, (threaded w the usual suspects - shrooms, tomatoes, onions peppers), serve with rice pilaf and salad - quick 'n easy.

Seafood - shrimp scampi, salmon (side of fettuccinne or roasted asparagus & tomatoes), linguine & clam sauce - are quick and easy - and you have plenty of time to make a special dessert.

Can I interest you in, let's say, ice cream brownies for an easy dessert? Make two pans of brownies, smear with melted ice cream, cover with another layer of brownies, slice, wrap & freeze.

Eggplant Parm or Eggplant lasagna.

Chicken with artichokes and 40 cloves of garlic.

Had some time to watch FoodTV yesterday, & the meals looked delish.

Rachel made nut-crusted chicken cutlets with a white sauce & a nutty waldorf salad.

Ina made - pork loin and sauted cabbage. The cabbage looked sooo good.

Paula made - chili, a layered cornbread and orange brownies for dessert. Yum Yum.

Have an indoor picnic - Southern fried chicken (I bake the chicken -- too much grease for me), potato salad, cold mac salad, corn on the cob with lime butter sauce) - and tomato pie. (I posted the recipe for tomato pie on this site some time ago).

I'm sure I'll think of some more, but good food doesn't have to be fancy. Hope it gives you some ideas.

Last edited:
Alix said:
mish! WOW! What a wonderful pile of ideas. I know I am thinking fried chicken now. Thanks!

You're very welcome, Alix. I bake 'em, like I mentioned, cause I try to keep the fat down... & the tomato pie is so yummy with chicken & cold pasta salads.

Giada also had a great show yesterday. Love everything she makes... but didn't catch all of it. She made a dirty polenta with italian sausage, shrooms, etc. Looked very good! And, I thought, it would make a great stuffing for tomatoes or peppers.

Also liked Rachel's nut crusted chicken cutlets - she mixed breadcrumbs with toasted? almonds, nutmeg, S & P. I would serve w some angel hair, olive oil and garlic & the nutty waldorf. (Check out the recipies, if you like at foodtv.)

Chicken is so versatile - you could make a kiev or cordon bleu or wrap em up with proscuitto, basil, roasted red peppers or sundried tomatoes & feta. Many ways to go with chicken.

I've mentioned how much I like Pastitsio - you're probably burnt out with lamb recipes -- but you could make it with ground beef, a bechamel sauce, tomatoes, cinnamin and nutmeg.

Trish, thanks for starting this thread, because I think we can all relate to cooking/what's for dinner burnout.

Back
Top Bottom