Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a teenager is worse. Makes you mentally handicapped in minutes. LOL!

Edit: Sorry, I should have clarified what I meant about thinking those spots are dumb. I don't think I did that. It bothers me that there are "Family" spots or "Preggers" spots because I feel like so many folks today have entitlement issues. They figure they are entitled to something special just because they exist and I think we are adding to the problem by putting up signs in front of parking stalls that tell people "yes you ARE entitled to special treatment". BAH! OK, guess I now qualify for the cranky lady of the week. Heeheehee!

Last edited:
My latest vent (rant really) is from last night. After dinner we went to WalMart. As we parked we noticed this guy getting ready to leave. He put his stuff in his fancy "hey everyone look at me" car (with doors that open upward like wings). Then he pushed his cart a step or two away from his car and then just pushed his cart in the general direction of the large cart "corral" that was only a couple spaces from his car. It went into the middle of the lane, and that is where he left it. James and I were a lane away but we went over there and James put the cart away (by this time someone was trying to drive through there and the cart was in his way, so I'm sure he appreciated it). The idiot who had pushed the cart out there looked over at us just as we were doing that, so I pointed at the cart and mouthed (he couldn't hear me, so no sense yelling!), "You left it there!" I'm sure he couldn't care less, but I just wanted to let him know that his lack of manners had not gone unnoticed.

:glare:Barbara
I love people like you Barbara. At different times my kids have all worked at a big store or grocery store and have had to retrieve carts from the lots. Do you know that the folks that do that get bumped and hit by cars pretty regularly? I didn't know until my kids had that job and they were all warned that they needed to be especially vigilant out there. Plus they have to get them during lightning storms, extreme heat and cold, etc. There was even a man killed recently here in San Antonio when he was hit by a car retrieving carts. So it really warms my heart when I see folks put their carts in the corrals. I feel like they are doing a kindness for my child - even though none of them are doing that sort of work now. So for all you cart retrievers - Thank You!!!

Well the oldest is 8..... I'm halfway to a 16 year old, therefore already half crazy!!!!
FM my SIL was to be on bedrest for her last 2 1/2 months. Strict bedrest. Yet she insisted on sneaking off to the store and this and that, then be all upset when her bp would shoot up and the dr would tell her they may have to take the baby 2 months early.
At the same time she could manage to be incredibly disabled when she needed to be. My thinking is that if you are having such a hard pregnancy you probably shouldn't be out anyway!!!!!
Wow I'm gonna get in a lot of trouble now too Alix.....

Well the oldest is 8..... I'm halfway to a 16 year old, therefore already half crazy!!!!
FM my SIL was to be on bedrest for her last 2 1/2 months. Strict bedrest. Yet she insisted on sneaking off to the store and this and that, then be all upset when her bp would shoot up and the dr would tell her they may have to take the baby 2 months early.
At the same time she could manage to be incredibly disabled when she needed to be. My thinking is that if you are having such a hard pregnancy you probably shouldn't be out anyway!!!!!

Join me baby! LOL!!

Having a teenager is worse. Makes you mentally handicapped in minutes. LOL!

Edit: Sorry, I should have clarified what I meant about thinking those spots are dumb. I don't think I did that. It bothers me that there are "Family" spots or "Preggers" spots because I feel like so many folks today have entitlement issues. They figure they are entitled to something special just because they exist and I think we are adding to the problem by putting up signs in front of parking stalls that tell people "yes you ARE entitled to special treatment". BAH! OK, guess I now qualify for the cranky lady of the week. Heeheehee!
Alix, we knew what you meant. My brother is an amputee and he needs the space but all to often, you see folks without the proper placard taking up the few spaces there are. It's hard not to say to them, "You should be so grateful that you aren't entitled to this space and that you don't need it". You are a really caring and considerate person and no one would misunderstand your meaning about this.:)

I'm glad I wasn't being too vague. I sometimes get chatting away and realize I haven't explained myself very well. I'm trying to be better about that though. That was a really lovely compliment and you just made my whole day. Thanks!

LMAO! A fellow sufferer! I love my girls but they CAN make my brain bleed in seconds if they want to!
You do have it worse. Girls are much more taxing as teens and require you be very alert. Boys pretty much spend their time coming up with various and numerous dangerous ideas, all of which could easily kill or maim.

You're safe here unless your SIL is on this forum!:LOL:

Okay, I have a new vent! I have a 3-tier wedding cake and two half sheet cakes to bake this week for Saturday. The bride has asked that it ALL be carrot cake. So, today I go to use my food processor's shredding blade and it is in four pieces. I ask DH and he looks sheepish and says that he forgot to tell me that it broke the last time he shredded cheese for pizza (about a month or so ago).

I am NOT shredding 10 bushels of carrots (okay a slight exageration) by hand! I have been saving up for a KitchenAid Pro model to match my mixer; but don't have enough yet. So, I guess I start calling friends and see if I can borrow one.

I don't mind the fact that it broke - these things happens. It is the fact I didn't know it until I needed it!

Okay, I have a new vent! I have a 3-tier wedding cake and two half sheet cakes to bake this week for Saturday. The bride has asked that it ALL be carrot cake. So, today I go to use my food processor's shredding blade and it is in four pieces. I ask DH and he looks sheepish and says that he forgot to tell me that it broke the last time he shredded cheese for pizza (about a month or so ago).

I am NOT shredding 10 bushels of carrots (okay a slight exageration) by hand! I have been saving up for a KitchenAid Pro model to match my mixer; but don't have enough yet. So, I guess I start calling friends and see if I can borrow one.

I don't mind the fact that it broke - these things happens. It is the fact I didn't know it until I needed it!
And now you tell DH if he breaks anything else you need to make your cakes, he best put on his track shoes and run like , well like the wind..:LOL:
Then I'd point him in the direction of the nearest store that carries what you need and say go boy or and hand him a peeler and a shredder...Then go take a nap:-p Wish I was closer and I'd loan ya my Cuisinart to use.

kades

Yeah, there are times that I really kick myself for not bringing my large, heavy duty processor here..........never realized that you would have to grate your own cheese here and it's a pain when you need a lot.........all I have is the small Cuisinart model.....but our company has strict weight limits and will charge a lot for extra weight.......when leaving they will send a moving company's rep to "guesstimate" how much you have but upon packing up they will send it to be officially weighed.....the container weight is counted as well and the large processor might have put us over......they told us that we were almost there on the capacity

And now you tell DH if he breaks anything else you need to make your cakes, he best put on his track shoes and run like , well like the wind..:LOL:
Then I'd point him in the direction of the nearest store that carries what you need and say go boy or and hand him a peeler and a shredder...Then go take a nap:-p Wish I was closer and I'd loan ya my Cuisinart to use.

kades

Thanks Kades, I wish I had waited and bought either a KitchenAid or a Cuisinart to begin with. Anything I have from those two companies works like a charm! As for DH, he promised that if I can't find one in time he WILL grate all my carrots for me. Sweet guy!

Insomnia. :cry:

I'm tired....I wanna sleep. The dog is snoring and farting and I'm stuck awake...... smelling her super stinkyness. Blah. :sick:

Thanks Kades, I wish I had waited and bought either a KitchenAid or a Cuisinart to begin with. Anything I have from those two companies works like a charm! As for DH, he promised that if I can't find one in time he WILL grate all my carrots for me. Sweet guy!
Yes he is sweet just like mine is and also smart as a whip:LOL:

kades

I use a Salad Shooter for my carrots. I use mine when I've got a lot to shred or grate. To grate, you put the shredded carrots back through it by using the shredder thing. Whenever I just need a very small amount, I just use my stand-up shredder.

Darlene

:angry::bash::furious: TAXES I got totally reamed this year and for what.. so the :pig:govt can waste my money on things I dont support.... hopefully next year I will get a break as I will have some deductions kick in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom