Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't feel to bad, Michelemarie...there aren't many of us who could be smiling and positively ecstatic about that many extended visits from our MIL's. Sometimes I hate that my Mum in law is all the way over in UK and can't visit often...but if she were in my home for a week out of every month, I might just be booking her holidays elsewhere for her!

Texasgirl, I am so sorry about 1. your husband's poor health, and 2. job hunting and the uncertainties that brings. I will be praying for both situations!

Michelle, I live in a town that has very little to offer except a lake that is slowly drying up. LOL. I'll find something, I know I will. Thank you for your ideas!!

Jenny, thanks for your thoughtfulness!!

Michelemarie said:
Crewsk, I used to live in vegas, found a black scorpion in my kitchen, luckily it was dead, but freaked me out. those along with black widows - gross!

Venting, okay, here we go, I am gonna sound like the worst person, but my mother in law was here for the weekend, three weeks after she spent almost two weeks with us at christmas. She came Friday and we were all under impression she was leaving Sunday at 6 - only to find out Sunday morning she was leaving MOnday at 6 - She is such a nice person, and really tries to be helpful, and I should be thankful my son has a grandma that wants to be a part of his life ..... but this trip she drove me absolutely 100% ******* NUTS!!!!! Mind you, my son was born August 2004 and she has visited every month (except 1) since then. Okay, now having said that, I feel awful, but I can't change a feeling ----- I guess it is time for a drink - I like Crewsk's idea - I need the bottle tonight. Thanks for listening - I promise to be in a better mood tomorrow (actually, after my first drink!)

ahhh.. don't feel bad at all. Having anykind of visitor every month is hard on a person. I love my MIL she's wonderful but... heck if she was here every month we'd all go crazy. That's just too much company.:)

Lately my greatest aggravation is my computer! I WILL call mediacom and go on cable and hope it is better. I have no idea what I've said to who. But then, this probably won't go out either!

My Deep-fryer just bit the dust!

I noticed that it had a problem heating up. I pulled the pot out, put it back in, and could hear it starting up. I was able to cook one batch of chicken legs, 6 legs, out of a total of 18. I loaded it up with the second batch and started the timer. I went back a few minutes later to check it, and it was barely cooking. GREAT!

Emergency Plan B. I pulled out my MIL's dutch oven, placed it on a burner, clipped my deep-fat/candy thermometer to it, added the chicken, poured the 160°F oil it, and turned it to high.

Granted, that particular batch of legs didn't really turn out good, but, I might be clearing some storage space out by chucking my deep-fryer and just using the dutch oven from here on.

My microwave blew out last night. I was making tea and it sounded like an explosion and wouldn't heat anything. We had to go today and get another so dh could install it. We replaced all our appliances at one time so I hope this isn't the beginning of appliance troubles for us.

shannon in KS said:
Had enough wine to barely fill the glass.... too cold to go get some more. :mad:

shannon!!! That's a crisis! It's Friday night, girl! Bundle up - and get out there and get some more wine!:ROFLMAO:

Or better yet... call that new guy of yours and have him bring over a bottle. : )

GREAT NEWS WASABI IS GOING TO BE OK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK I'M NOT VENTING JUST HAPPY !!!!! REMEMBER To Vote For Elf ! 4th Av. Tuna Tartar !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vote Now Vote Often (Once A Day, That's All They will let you) !!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Today is one of those days that I wish I could divorce!!
Sorry, I have to vent a second.
First, my oldest son has been told VERY frequently, not to spray his Axe body spray in the house. It's a fairly small house and he sprays too much and usually he showers then sprays and it coinsides with us eating dinner, therefore, dinner doesn't taste too good with that on our pallete. Anyway, he sprayed it last night and of course, it spread to us when we were eating and hubby blew up. I understand that he was mad that son disregarded our rule, but, his cussing him out and threatening him was very uncalled for!! He was yelling at him and calling him a punk a#@ mf and told him to get out of his house and so on. When I spoke up, I got cussed also. I tried to explain that I wasn't stepping on his toes, but,was arguing his use of language. I was told to quit babying him and if I couldn't, then to do it somewhere else, not in his house. There was plenty more, but, I won't go into it. I sit up here at work in tears and try to keep anyone from knowing. My heart is breaking and I can't do anything about it.
I love him so much, most of the time, but, his angry flare ups like this, makes me hate him and wish ungodly things to him!!
Our 21st anniversary is tomorrow and I just don't care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom