Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We buy french toast bread. It's pre-flavored with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. SO then adds more stuff and makes french toast with it. Delicious. She cooks up a loaf at a time and freezes the cooked french toast in twos. Then we can just nuke it and add syrup.

Well, this morning I took out two slices and nuked them. Then I mixed some frozen blueberries with maple syrup and nuked that. Combined them and dug in. YUCCH!

She had made some low carb french toast with her lo carb bread and NO SUGAR. It really sucked so bad I didn't eat it. Now this is a two-pronged problem. First, I don't have the breakfast I wanted. Second, SO will be "miffed" that I ate her low carb bread.

We buy french toast bread. It's pre-flavored with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. SO then adds more stuff and makes french toast with it. Delicious. She cooks up a loaf at a time and freezes the cooked french toast in twos. Then we can just nuke it and add syrup.

Well, this morning I took out two slices and nuked them. Then I mixed some frozen blueberries with maple syrup and nuked that. Combined them and dug in. YUCCH!

She had made some low carb french toast with her lo carb bread and NO SUGAR. It really sucked so bad I didn't eat it. Now this is a two-pronged problem. First, I don't have the breakfast I wanted. Second, SO will be "miffed" that I ate her low carb bread.

1. You were preparing it for her as a surprise breakfast.
  2. The cat, dog, bird or other pet ate it. while you weren't watching.
  3. You have no idea. You weren't home at the time.
I like her idea though of preparing it in advance. But doesn't the nuking make the bread soggy and tough? I have never found breaded items to do well in the zapper. :angel:

...But doesn't the nuking make the bread soggy and tough? I have never found breaded items to do well in the zapper. :angel:

You have to be careful when microwaving breads. Go too long and it's ruined. Just the right time and it's soft and warm. After all, it's french toast, it gets covered by hot syrup before you eat it.

You could offer to give back what you actually ate...course, she'll have to wait a bit.

When I was a kid, my brother didn't label one if his hunting kills when he put it in the freezer. We ended up eating groundhog (intended for eventual turtle bait) for supper. We raised rabbits for food & Mom thought it was a package of rabbit until she started cooking it. It didn't taste bad - a little greasy. Mom didn't tell us until after supper.

When I was a kid, my brother didn't label one if his hunting kills when he put it in the freezer. We ended up eating groundhog (intended for eventual turtle bait) for supper. We raised rabbits for food & Mom thought it was a package of rabbit until she started cooking it. It didn't taste bad - a little greasy. Mom didn't tell us until after supper.
My aunt and uncle (he died several years ago--they lived in Missouri) had two huge chest freezers. One was where they kept their food, and the other was where he kept the raccoons that he hunted out of season, until they were in season. :ermm:

I called my doctor's office yesterday to have them fax a new script for my thyroid med to Express Scripts. They wouldn't do it until I told them what the dosage was on the bottle. I couldn't remember & didn't have the bottle with me at work. They refused to use the computer sitting in front of them to find the last script they faxed. So I checked the bottle last night. When I called back they were closed. They close at 11:30 AM on Fridays. Now I have to remember to call during the school day Monday before they close. At this rate I'll run out before they fax it. I can't believe I have to tell them the dosage! What if the pharmacy gave me the wrong dose last time? I'd never know. I thought the doctor was responsible for maintaining accurate records & prescribing meds. What would they do if I told them the wrong dosage, order what I said or what their records said? Such a STUPID policy!

I called my doctor's office yesterday to have them fax a new script for my thyroid med to Express Scripts. They wouldn't do it until I told them what the dosage was on the bottle. I couldn't remember & didn't have the bottle with me at work. They refused to use the computer sitting in front of them to find the last script they faxed. So I checked the bottle last night. When I called back they were closed. They close at 11:30 AM on Fridays. Now I have to remember to call during the school day Monday before they close. At this rate I'll run out before they fax it. I can't believe I have to tell them the dosage! What if the pharmacy gave me the wrong dose last time? I'd never know. I thought the doctor was responsible for maintaining accurate records & prescribing meds. What would they do if I told them the wrong dosage, order what I said or what their records said? Such a STUPID policy!
What?! When you wrote that you had to tell them the dosage, early in your post, I thought it sounded dumb. I hadn't even thought about the fact that the first Rx could have been wrong.

Having you tell them the dosage introduces another place for possible error. Unless, they are just verifying against their records that you are asking for the same 'script.

Last edited:
I forgot to take my throid meds with me when I went to the doctor last. They asked me what my dosage was, and I told them what I thought it was, but I wasn't sure. I got a refill not too long after that and realized that it was different from what I was getting before. I thought it was because of my recent blood test. Well...as it turns out, I did need an increase, but the increase happened a couple of days before the blood test came back. I was upset, but the doctor did not seem concerned, and said that the increase was necessary anyway. I will remember to take along the correct dose from now on.

Medication Lists, folks. It's important for you to have with you, at all times, a list of your medications. There's nothing worse than trying to remember your meds telling the emergency room nurse what you take as you are experiencing a heart attack!!!

I keep an up to date list on the computer and make several copies, when folded in half they are the size of a credit card. I print them out on colored paper so they are easy to spot and keep them in my wallet. Then I can hand folks a copy when they ask and always have a reference.

Back
Top Bottom