Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She was trying to open a frozen hot dog bun. Her hand slipped down the length of a long blade. When the doctor was stitching her up, she wanted to know when he started. I turned her head away and he went to work. When he was done, I told her, "All right, get ready. He is going to start now." She started screaming. A week after she got the stitches removed, she did it again trying to open a frozen hot dog bun. If she wasn't bleeding so bad, I would have killed her. :angel:

Yes, that does sound nasty....you have to be ever so careful with knives

Sasroc said:
Thanks Addie,now where is the tips thread? I lose myself in this place :LOL:

You can always do a search. That is what I do when I can't find something.

Wow Addie. TMI comes to mind when I read your post on the last page. I can't believe your grandson didn't problem solve on his own, I can't believe your daughter called you and informed you about it, and I can't believe you posted it here. Good thing no one knows the guy.

Bad drivers!

People that tailgate drive me insane...I just drive slower as they will not make me speed up!

Yes, I agree with you Andy! The majority are certainly young drivers :rolleyes:

They get so close behind and try to intimidate you into speeding up, it is very frustrating :mad:

If they drive into the back of my car, I am totally covered...and I will make sure they pay!! Grrrr, getting all angry just talking about it :LOL:

Tailgaters drive me bonkers too. Yesterday it was tailgating day. I'm sorry, I should be able to see your headlights in my rear view mirror. If you tailgate me, it makes me nervous. When I'm nervous I slow down.

It is bad when you have days like that Taxy, people right up behind you everywhere you drive, infuriating grrrrrrrrrrr

The last time my wrist felt like this, the doctor said it was an inflammation. I don't want to aggravate it. Does anyone know if an Ace type bandage would be a good idea?

Yes, an ace wrap will help splint it, ibuprofen for the inflammation if you can tolerate it.
Thanks for the quick reply.

I can tolerate ibuprofen, but it doesn't do anything. ASA (aspirin in Yankee) doesn't bother me. I prefer not to take any meds I don't need. Is this one of those cases where the med fixes the problem, so it's worth doing? Would ASA be a good idea? I have actually never noticed any benefit from anything I have ever taken for inflammation, except the last time. I got Voltaren, but that's pretty strong stuff. I still have some. It says "Discard 2013/07/03". I wonder if that would be a good idea, maybe ask the pharmacist.

Now I'm a very patient person, but the whole receipt checking thing at the BJ's club store (like Sam's club, Costco etc..) just got on my nerves today.

I stopped in an got a few things and checking out was a breeze with self checkout, but the line at the door was at least 20 deep, and with a busy day I just wasn't crazy about standing there.

I usually avoid shopping on weekends because the stores are crazy and only going to get crazier the closer we get to the holidays.

I was really tempted to walk out with my receipt flying like a flag, and challenge them to do anything about it. But I stood there patiently like a good little sheep while, on the busiest day of the week they still had one receipt checker...

Like there is anything there that I could stuff up my shirt and try to get out the door with!

Wow Addie. TMI comes to mind when I read your post on the last page. I can't believe your grandson didn't problem solve on his own, I can't believe your daughter called you and informed you about it, and I can't believe you posted it here. Good thing no one knows the guy.

I am telling ya, I have some of the dumbest members of society in my family. Why solve a problem when you can call your mother? :angel:

Addie said:
I am telling ya, I have some of the dumbest members of society in my family. Why solve a problem when you can call your mother? :angel:

LOL. That is what moms are for, right?

I spoke with my pharmacist. She said to go ahead and take the Voltaren, but to start with just one a day instead of the three a day on the original prescription instructions. So I took one after supper. ASA hasn't really worked for inflammation for me previously.

Need some advice. I take baked goodies to most of the people in my dialysis group as well as the nurses. The nurses are fine but I have several people who have decided I'm SOFT TOUCH AND i GUESS i Am but why do people ask me for a batch of cookies to take to someones house for Thanksgiving? Or would you type up that recipe for me no please or what ever. I'm beginning to feel like No more for them. Of course I won't but darn it a thank you now and then would be nice.
kades

Last edited:
...why do people ask me for a batch of cookies to take to someones house for Thanksgiving?

Or would you type up that recipe for me no please or what ever...

I know dialysis doesn't make people rude and inconsiderate because I know you. However, some of your fellow patients are jerks.

If someone asks you for cookies they can give as a gift, tell them you're not taking anymore orders right now, the kitchen is closed.

As far as people who don't ask (for a recipe) politely, you can just "forget" to do it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom