Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my mind, it's not only inconvenient for customers, but what happens if it's an emergency for a store employee, and someone who works at the store needs to be contacted? They'll have to talk to Arizona, then be routed back to the store.

They're very nice in person. I'll have to ask them for a workaround the next time I'm in the store.

Let's both hope there is an internal phone number for the staff to do in a situation like that. Heaven forbid that happens, the only option is to call using your Verizon cell phone...and all the employee can say is "can you hear me now?" because the connection is so bad! :ermm:

Many thanks to the well wishes that came upon me .. I am doing much better now.

My petty vent is the prednisone.

It tossed me back a few years and re-introduced me to hot flashes and mood swings and that's a re-introduction I really did not need !

It is subsiding now and I only have 2 more days of single tab each day but I think my DH and dogs are still a bit gun shy LOL

Wow LM, that's a sucky reaction! I bet you'll all be glad when you get back to normal. Sounds like you're close - hang in there.

My SIL has a muscular condition that warrants her to be on maintenance prednisone when it flares up. She balloons up when she's on it, but I haven't heard the hot-flash comment from her. I was on the 3-week, step-down program once. I also was "tossed back" a few years but I had good results. I could deep-knee bend AND get up without grabbing onto something, had as much energy as when I was a skinnier, younger woman, and wanted to go-go-go. Kidded my doctor that I would need to do the 3-week program when I had to get the house ready for market just to have the energy and interest! :LOL:

OK, our Florida guests are all back in Florida, I took a day to make bagels and take care of a few other issues. I was planning on visiting a former neighbor today who just had a baby. Last night I started getting a sore throat and a little chest congestion so no baby visits for a few days. I don't like feeling crappy. It doesn't happen often so I'm not very good at it.

OK, our Florida guests are all back in Florida, I took a day to make bagels and take care of a few other issues. I was planning on visiting a former neighbor today who just had a baby. Last night I started getting a sore throat and a little chest congestion so no baby visits for a few days. I don't like feeling crappy. It doesn't happen often so I'm not very good at it.

Geesh Andy, don't you know summer is not the time to feel lousy? Just make sure you don't pass it along to that little guy that adores you. That is one present he doesn't want to remember. Get well really quick. :angel: And one for you. Sounds like you need one right now. :angel:

Geesh Andy, don't you know summer is not the time to feel lousy? Just make sure you don't pass it along to that little guy that adores you. That is one present he doesn't want to remember. Get well really quick. :angel: And one for you. Sounds like you need one right now. :angel:

Little Guy was here Wednesday. I hope I didn't infect him.

Little Guy was here Wednesday. I hope I didn't infect him.

"Little Guy" might be the one who shared with you! Either way, I hope you feel better really soon :flowers: the weather is too nice right now to not get out an enjoy. Although if you aren't on that beautiful, freshly painted deck I suppose there is nothing stopping you from getting better while outside. (PS - Hope you aren't allergic to those flowers...)

Well, the top button on my iPhone quit working. I can deal with that. I called the LOCAL number for the LOCAL Verizon store to see if I could get it fixed LOCALLY and got the whole menu of runarounds. After a half hour of this, and after stating to the autoserve that I wanted to talk to the LOCAL store rep, I was sent to Arizona and talked to a nice man with a heavy accent. He was able to patch me through to the LOCAL store, and was able to get a rep, who told me she would put me on hold for 2 minutes. 45 minutes later, she reappeared, apologized, looked up my account, and told me there was nothing they could do since I didn't get the insurance, unless I bought a new phone at full price.

Thankfully I'm eligible for an upgrade in August. What a PITA. You can't even call the LOCAL store directly and talk to a real person. Grrrrr.

Have you Googled for a local repair place? I know that we have a few in this city, it might be worth checking out.

Have you Googled for a local repair place? I know that we have a few in this city, it might be worth checking out.

Dawgluver.........

+1.....we have a local guy that works on Cell phones and iPhones in particular. I got his name from the "kids" at the AT&T store, after my first iPhone went for a swim in the loo. Maybe if you go in to your Verizon store your "kids" will have the contact info of someone LOCAL. Good luck Dawg. BTW .... When you say "top button". You mean the on/off button? I rarely use that one, except to "reboot".

Last edited:
Dawgluver.........

+1.....we have a local guy that works on Cell phones and iPhones in particular. I got his name from the "kids" at the AT&T store, after my first iPhone went for a swim in the loo. Maybe if you go in to your Verizon store your "kids" will have the contact info of someone LOCAL. Good luck Dawg. BTW .... When you say "top button". You mean the on/off button? I rarely use that one, except to "reboot".

Thanks guys. Yes, the on/off button. I'm not terribly concerned, as I can upgrade in August. It was just the wasted time on the phone, and what local business would not have their own phone number, where you could talk to someone at the store?

I hate the heat. I hate being stuck in my appartment with an airconditioner that hasn't worked correctly since last summer because I'm on-call. I hate having to talk to stupid people who call for help and then won't follow directions because they think they know better than I do. Well if you already know how to fix it then why do I have to be on the phone with you? I hate dealing with people who think having to dial a phone number manualy on their phones instead of right clicking on the number and clicking dial number is a problem worthy of calling the emergency oncall helpdesk. I hate it even more when they scream and cry and yell and accuse me of trying to sabbotage their productivity raiting when I tell them to put a ticket in and we'll take care of it Monday.

Sooo grouchy today. All of this has been building all morning and I ended up snapping at the hubby over something stupid. And that's what I hate the most.

(((Hugs))) PAG

+1!!

I got almost a full pound of a wedding invitation from my niece yesterday. What are these people thinking? The bad thing is, her dad is broke, and we have been lending him money for what we thought were essential expenses, not $20 pp wedding invitations. I will not be happy if this is where the money is going. The possibility is that the niece is in her late 20's, her DH to be has a good job, and hopefully they are paying for their own wedding.

Last edited:
I hate the heat. I hate being stuck in my appartment with an airconditioner that hasn't worked correctly since last summer because I'm on-call. I hate having to talk to stupid people who call for help and then won't follow directions because they think they know better than I do. Well if you already know how to fix it then why do I have to be on the phone with you? I hate dealing with people who think having to dial a phone number manualy on their phones instead of right clicking on the number and clicking dial number is a problem worthy of calling the emergency oncall helpdesk. I hate it even more when they scream and cry and yell and accuse me of trying to sabbotage their productivity raiting when I tell them to put a ticket in and we'll take care of it Monday.

Sooo grouchy today. All of this has been building all morning and I ended up snapping at the hubby over something stupid. And that's what I hate the most.

:wub: Sounds like you need a lot of :wub:. Hugs to you PAG. I know how frustrating it can be when someone asks for a solution and then don't like the answer they receive. My next question to those folks is, "Then why did you ask me?" That usually brings the conversation to an end. :angel:

Thanks guys. Hubby gave me a hug, I drank a bunch of water and took something for the headache I had, I took a few deep breaths and got a couple calls from some very nice people who really needed help and were very appreciative that I was able to help them. I felt much better after that. And I made plans to go to the pool with my sister and her girls after my oncall ends.

I'm very grateful for a place to rant. That on it's own helped me mellow out enough that I wasn't snapping at hubby anymore. He was very understanding and forgiving, and he quickly accepted my appologies.

I'm actually in a pretty good mood now. :)

Thanks guys. Hubby gave me a hug, I drank a bunch of water and took something for the headache I had, I took a few deep breaths and got a couple calls from some very nice people who really needed help and were very appreciative that I was able to help them. I felt much better after that. And I made plans to go to the pool with my sister and her girls after my oncall ends.

I'm very grateful for a place to rant. That on it's own helped me mellow out enough that I wasn't snapping at hubby anymore. He was very understanding and forgiving, and he quickly accepted my appologies.

I'm actually in a pretty good mood now. :)
Yay!

I'm ready to kill too! Someone is downstairs in the parking lot having his/her car worked on and blasting boom, boom "music" for the last couple of hours.

It makes my windows vibrate and I can even feel it in my body! I don't need the stress!

I'm ready to kill too! Someone is downstairs in the parking lot having his/her car worked on and blasting boom, boom "music" for the last couple of hours.

It makes my windows vibrate and I can even feel it in my body! I don't need the stress!
My ex and I had the problem at 07h00 on Sunday morning. He hollered and asked for quiet. When that didn't work, he filled several of plastic bags with water and launched "water balloons".

Z, that sounds ever so annoying :mad:

I cant stand inconsiderate people!

I hope it stops soon....can you call the police and put in a noise complaint?

Back
Top Bottom