Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just had a scare. I opened my Mac and it was completely dead. Black screen and not responsive. Then I checked back a little later and it was in hibernation. No idea why. The battery was more than half charged.

I've been having some annoying problems with it lately so I think I'll take it in for a tune-up.

I just had a scare. I opened my Mac and it was completely dead. Black screen and not responsive. Then I checked back a little later and it was in hibernation. No idea why. The battery was more than half charged.

I've been having some annoying problems with it lately so I think I'll take it in for a tune-up.
Phew

I was just reading an article and my computer shut down completely. I didn't even have my hands on the keyboard. What is going on? I doubt it was the site. I was looking in Swans Down Flour for some cake ideas. :angel:

I was just reading an article and my computer shut down completely. I didn't even have my hands on the keyboard. What is going on? I doubt it was the site. I was looking in Swans Down Flour for some cake ideas. :angel:

Maybe it overheated? Are all of the vents clear? Or maybe one of the fans failed. If this is the case it would be a cheap fix. That's what causes my laptop to shut down suddenly, it's a protective measure to prevent damage.

Maybe it overheated? Are all of the vents clear? Or maybe one of the fans failed. If this is the case it would be a cheap fix. That's what causes my laptop to shut down suddenly, it's a protective measure to prevent damage.

Thanks I didn't even think of that. I have a vent on the side that I dust often, but have to pull the CPU out to get to the one in the back. Will get it done. :angel:

...Last night I started getting a sore throat and a little chest congestion...

This is still hanging on so I'm off the the doc this afternoon to see if it's something he can help with or if I just have to suck it up and wait it out.

This is still hanging on so I'm off the the doc this afternoon to see if it's something he can help with or if I just have to suck it up and wait it out.

:wacko: If you ever want to see me go spastic, tell a five year old who has taken a nasty fall and has scrapes all over him to suck it and act like a man! He is not a man! He is a little five year old boy who has been hurt. He needs comfort. Not stupid words of an uncaring adult. :angel:

Noooooo. I really like 70 F too, but Fall means that Winter is around the corner.

I'm good with winter. I complained all winter about the lack of snow and cold temperatures. Not once did I pinch my nostrils closed and have them stick. Snow I can handle. Cold I can bundle up for.

But this heat... When you double (or triple some days) your water intake and aren't peeing any more than usual. And I'm grouchy. And nauseated. And I've had a headache for a couple weeks. And the AC has been broken since last summer. And the ice packs melt too fast. And I can't sleep. And I keep trying to joke about it but sometimes I just want to cry. I miss winter.

And so help me if the "DH" unexpectedly plucks one of my three or four grey hairs out again he's going to be in pain. He did it just now and it hurt! And he thought my reaction was funny but he doesn't realize the only reason I didn't punch him is because I was already typing on here. He doesn't realize the anger that sprang up and that I had to quickly swallow. Except that now I told him and he's grouchy now too. I hate summer.

I'm good with winter. I complained all winter about the lack of snow and cold temperatures. Not once did I pinch my nostrils closed and have them stick. Snow I can handle. Cold I can bundle up for.

But this heat... When you double (or triple some days) your water intake and aren't peeing any more than usual. And I'm grouchy. And nauseated. And I've had a headache for a couple weeks. And the AC has been broken since last summer. And the ice packs melt too fast. And I can't sleep. And I keep trying to joke about it but sometimes I just want to cry. I miss winter.

And so help me if the "DH" unexpectedly plucks one of my three or four grey hairs out again he's going to be in pain. He did it just now and it hurt! And he thought my reaction was funny but he doesn't realize the only reason I didn't punch him is because I was already typing on here. He doesn't realize the anger that sprang up and that I had to quickly swallow. Except that now I told him and he's grouchy now too. I hate summer.

Do you have any eggshells for hubby to walk on until Fall? If he is wise, he will walk softly until then. And why hasn't the AC been fixed by now? Or at least a new one purchased? They are no longer that expensive, even if you purchase one for just one room. You can get a 5000 BTU for $100. That is big enough to cool even a large bedroom or LR. :angel:

Do you have any eggshells for hubby to walk on until Fall? If he is wise, he will walk softly until then. And why hasn't the AC been fixed by now? Or at least a new one purchased? They are no longer that expensive, even if you purchase one for just one room. You can get a 5000 BTU for $100. That is big enough to cool even a large bedroom or LR. :angel:

Hubby appologizef and felt really bad when he realized how much it bothered me. As for why the AC is dtill broke, because the poor maintenance guy for our appartmeny complex needs help. He's got more tickets than he can complete in a day. And it doesn't help that the office manager frequently forgets to put our tickets in. Honestly, I'm surprised our maintenance guy hasn't just quit with all the nonsense he has to put up with. There are actually two complexes side by side owned by the same company, lots of buildings in each complex. He's responsible for both of them. When he asked for them to hire someone to help they got him a side-kick. The kid just isn't qualified/trained to do anything except the no-brainer jobs, which helps our guy but not enough.

Hubby appologizef and felt really bad when he realized how much it bothered me. As for why the AC is dtill broke, because the poor maintenance guy for our appartmeny complex needs help. He's got more tickets than he can complete in a day. And it doesn't help that the office manager frequently forgets to put our tickets in. Honestly, I'm surprised our maintenance guy hasn't just quit with all the nonsense he has to put up with. There are actually two complexes side by side owned by the same company, lots of buildings in each complex. He's responsible for both of them. When he asked for them to hire someone to help they got him a side-kick. The kid just isn't qualified/trained to do anything except the no-brainer jobs, which helps our guy but not enough.

Oh how I understand. The Pirate's new job is at a place with 200 luxury apartments. Most of the tickets are for replacing burnt out bulbs in private property lamps. Stupid stuff like that. They are always at least 150 tickets behind every day. One of the workers hides because he is either nursing a serious hangover or too drunk to do any work. The Pirate is the only one with any serious plumbing experience. So guess what he gets stuck with. The first few days on the job, one of the workers tried to pass off his work to him. That is just not going to happen. I didn't raise a stupid kid. :angel:

I don't know if this is even a vent, more like i am laughing at my self. I was making some soup last night and was adding rice, clumsy me I spilled half a bag of rice right into pot. The soup is now looks and feels more like porige. Taste good though. :LOL:

I don't know if this is even a vent, more like i am laughing at my self. I was making some soup last night and was adding rice, clumsy me I spilled half a bag of rice right into pot. The soup is now looks and feels more like porige. Taste good though. :LOL:

:D My dad has made fantastic turkey poridge (soup) in the past. I'm glad it still tasted good.

:LOL: I've done the same with barley! Spoon could stand upright in the soup/porridge!

Well at least you don't have any broth left over that you don't know what to do with. Sometimes you really have to hunt for the good side. :angel:

This hot, humid weather is making me stupid. I have the dumb. I cannot brain.
Stirling tells me that the expression is, "I cannot brain; I have the dumb." Yeah, I suppose it makes better sense that way, but I have the perfect excuse for getting it wrong: I CANNOT BRAIN; I HAVE THE DUMB. Unfortunately, it hasn't gotten any better.

Back
Top Bottom