Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fatigue sucks big time. It sucks the life right out of you. There are days when I wish I could have an honest good old tired feeling from doing a lot of physical work.

GG, make the doctor earn his paycheck. Insist he find out what is wrong. Make sure he checks you for your iron level and your thyroid. Those two are the most common reason for fatigue. If it is your iron level, that is an easy fix. Diet and iron pills. A simple blood test for both on these condition should be all you need to get an answer. :angel:

Thanks, Addie, but we're way, way past that point. I have several nutritional deficiencies from a complicated set of medical problems. This is different and it started with the new med. I'm hoping it didn't do any permanent damage.

And thanks for the good thoughts, everyone.

Last edited:
There's no reason to believe his wife is involved at all. A man who will treat a woman like that will certainly lie and try to blame her. And men who harass women don't usually harass just one; it's possible there's a pattern and neither Cat nor anyone else should be expected to put up with it.

I'm not talking about his wife.
Who brought this to the HOA's attention in the first place?
That's the angle I'm looking at....just a different perspective, that's all.

Cat made a complaint to the HOA about the guard, the first salvo in any complaint. She did not get satisfaction, but instead was accused by the HOA of flirting with a married man.

Cat made a complaint to the HOA about the guard, the first salvo in any complaint. She did not get satisfaction, but instead was accused by the HOA of flirting with a married man.

Yes, that's how I understood it.

I hope Cat takes it further----- but carefully enough that she doesn't get in trouble with the HOA for doing that. I've seen this type of thing before---where there's blow back to the actual victim.

Thanks for making that clear. Now I get it, and I agree that she took the right steps in reporting these incidents. It's too bad the HOA believed the guard's side of the story, whatever that may have been.

Cat, we're all hoping this gets resolved in your favor. And I hope that at the very least, the guard gets fired. Such men as him give men in general a bad name. Too many times, a person is in a bad situation, caused by some individual, and then identifies all people of the same race, or same gender the same as that individual.

Cat, I'm so happy you aren't one of those kind of people. I, and from what it looks like, the DC community supports you.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I buy few DeMoulas/Market Basket products because I have been disappointed too often. I used some Kayem Italian sausages for my last batch of Sunday Ragu and I was pleased with their taste. I had been using The brand Costco carries but they sometimes have an off flavor.

Kayem is a great brand. They are just two minutes over the bridge from me. I wish they had an inhouse store. I love their natural casing hot dogs. In fact I love them too much. I have to buy them at the deli instead of by the box. I just can't stop eating them.

They have a kosher side of their plant. You have to be Jewish to work on that side. Their new plant is only about five years old and beautiful inside as well as outside. :angel:

Just wanted to say, I'm really tired of being really tired.........I hope this gets better soon and the PA has some answers tomorrow.
GG, I hope you got some relief when you went to the doc's office Monday.

I still, apparently, do not have healthcare insurance. :mad: My check was cashed ages ago, but the provider I selected has no record of my file for coverage being sent from the Health Connector (or is that Heathcare Disconnect?) office. The told me they should have received my information within two business days of my check being cashed. Off in the bitter cold, with the threat of a near-blizzard a possibility, we'll be headed to the connector office tomorrow. I have a copy of the check, a copy of the plan I paid for, and one huge attitude all ready for my visit tomorrow. Watch your national news at 6:30PM eastern - I could be making a splash!

GG, I hope you got some relief when you went to the doc's office Monday.

I still, apparently, do not have healthcare insurance. :mad: My check was cashed ages ago, but the provider I selected has no record of my file for coverage being sent from the Health Connector (or is that Heathcare Disconnect?) office. The told me they should have received my information within two business days of my check being cashed. Off in the bitter cold, with the threat of a near-blizzard a possibility, we'll be headed to the connector office tomorrow. I have a copy of the check, a copy of the plan I paid for, and one huge attitude all ready for my visit tomorrow. Watch your national news at 6:30PM eastern - I could be making a splash!

Oh no!!! I'm sorry this has happened.

Aw CG, what a PITA! They cashed your cheque, they better danged well give you health coverage. I sure hope this gets straightened out soon with a minimum of hassle to you.

Thanks PF, but not as sorry as I am. My doc is driving me crazy to have my semi-annual blood work done. I refuse to put out a dime for the bill until I know that, at the very least, my $$ go towards my annual deductible/OOP. I'm down to 9 pills of a maintenance med and he doesn't want to refill. I might have to tell him either refill it for a month until I get this straightened out or I'll just stop taking them! :ohmy:

You're right taxy, it's a real PITA. We went to the health exchange office today because none of the government offices were being shown as closed on the news creeper. The driving was bad here today and a lot of after-school activities were cancelled. Well...the office had closed early. :glare: Fortunately we had a number of other stops to make in the same area, but we might have to go again later this week. Also fortunately, Himself hasn't met a driving situation that had bothered him yet. He rocks! In the meantime, I posted a rant on their Facebook page! :LOL: Got a reply asking me to send them contact info and a few details so they can work with me to get this fixed. Sometimes ya gotta love social media!

My complaint isn't nearly so serious as the medical insurance issue is for CG. But here it is.

I was awakened at 3:00 a.m. by the amazing aroma of a ham bone completely covered and simmering in the slow cooker. The house smells amazing, as if I were baking pigs in the blanket, with real, home made, yeast bread, and full sized, really good hot dogs.

One of the schools I attended (6th through 7th grade) made the most incredible pigs in the blanket, and they tasted like my house smells.

I mean, c'mon. I gotta be up by 6 to tie a fly, then get ready for work, that starts at 8. I the air-filter mask that I used to have to wear when I worked for Lockheed, so that I'll be able to get back to sleep. I'm gonna be tired tomorrow. I'm so very tired right now. My eyes are irritated from lack of sleep.

That split pea soup that will be made in that ham stock had better be the best I've ever made. That's all I can say. If not, I'm gonna half to kick the cat or something,:ohmy: (I'd never really kick the cat. But it's fun to say sometimes, especially when the person your saying it to doesn't know you for a gentle soul. Sometimes, you get some humorous reactions. Now I know I'm overly tired. I'm typing about kicking cats, and other worthless ideas.) I'm going back to bed.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Thanks PF, but not as sorry as I am. My doc is driving me crazy to have my semi-annual blood work done. I refuse to put out a dime for the bill until I know that, at the very least, my $$ go towards my annual deductible/OOP. I'm down to 9 pills of a maintenance med and he doesn't want to refill. I might have to tell him either refill it for a month until I get this straightened out or I'll just stop taking them! :ohmy:

I don't believe maintenance drugs should be used as hostages.

Dear Canada: Could you please take your Biebs back? We have far too many home-grown idiots of our own to be putting up with your guy too. Thank you.

My thoughts exactly. It was mentioned on the news that this offense could be cause for him to be deported back home. One can pray real hard. :angel:

I think fame and fortune came too fast and easy for him, and like many others his age, he thinks he's invinceable. He needs a good hard smack!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom