Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sad to hear Charlie and Aunt Bea (and any others) are experiencing such abysmal behavior. We enjoy pleasant and helpful store personnel.

I have no issue with self-checkout but only use it in certain places.

Oh no, Munky - what a pain. Especially not OK to be treated rudely by the repairman. Is he on Yelp? :D ;) :LOL:

I have no idea what Yelp is.Oh no! maybe I should get out of the house a little more.:ermm::LOL:

I told my husband what the repairman had said.He's been in sales before for many years he told me he'd never talk to a customer like that and think he'd have a job the next day.He'd be fired.

He did suggest that I call Eureka again.So I did.They brought up my case file.I told them what the repairman had said.Her exact words were "WE (Eureka) don't like that, unacceptable!" They directed me to that shop.

I had asked if I could just go pick it up and send it back to the seller and get a new one.Explaining it's a 55 mile trip one way.She said it's up to the original sellers policies.Well ok fine on that.And that they Eureka (she was talking to her supervisor about it while she was talking to me) If I had bought it directly from Eureka I could return it.But since I didn't I would just have to wait.Here I had been buying Eureka's for 20 years and had been going to that shop to buy belts and such for them.I told her I was just a bit irritated.She was very apologetic about it all.I appreciated that.It wasn't their fault.

This morning I got a call from Eureka.I think they followed through with the threat that they were going to contact that repairman.What they said, I have no idea.Probably wasn't good.

Eureka is sending me out today a brand new vacuum directly from them.
They apologized again for my inconvenience.And to have a nice day.

WOW!!!!:flowers: That's some awesome service!:)

I'm sad to hear Charlie and Aunt Bea (and any others) are experiencing such abysmal behavior. We enjoy pleasant and helpful store personnel.

I have no issue with self-checkout but only use it in certain places.

Sad indeed. I am not even talking Target, I am talking Macy's, supposedly a finer store.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

I think part of the problem is the companies are cutting back on the number of employees.

Twice recently, DH went to the self checkout at our local grocery store and the previous customer had left their change in the machine.

Bought some groceries yesterday.
Coffee was one of the items. It was on clearance for $8. The clerk just scanned it. Didn't notice until we got out of the store.
Took it back in. The customer service guys were very polite.
Funny thing was rather than refunding the difference on the credit card, they asked if we had 2 cents. He wanted to give us a 10 dollar bill rather than giving us 98 cents in change. Difference was $9.98.

They do that sometimes. It was quicker him doing it that way if you didn't mind getting unexpected paper money back instead of him going thru the procedure to credit back your card. You could/may have insisted on it being credited back. You got a $10 bill you probably weren't expecting or needed at the moment. You having 2 cents on you made it that much easier and quick for him. You end up with the original charge on your statement, but you just got a $10 bill!

Last edited:
Petty vent. I'm fed up with my recently bought fillable dishwashing brush. It has only this one rubber button on the handle that is incredibly hard to depress. All it does is force some air into the handle to force the liquid soap out. It doesn't even send much liquid to the bristles even tho I thinned down the liquid soap a little. The brand name is Home Sense and is found in most grocery stores. Before this, I liked the one made by Dawn soap company, but it has a design defect. While pressing down to scrub a little too hard, the handle snapped off near the brush part. I'm trying to be thrifty and feel guilty about buying a new soap filled dishwashing brush, but I've had it with this one. I saw an OXO brand soap filled dish wand and am going to toss away my present one and buy it. The OXO one appears to dispense soap easier (like Dawn's) than one having only an incredibly hard to push down rubber button on the handle! End of petty vent.

Last edited:
Since we had pretty full cloud cover this evening, Himself decided we needed to hand out treats. Very nice night for sitting on the porch and instructing the little ghouls and goblins to "take one". Most kids were good and did just that, so by our count we had over 400 individuals at our door. :ohmy: Our favorite costume was a little girl dressed as Ariel from "Little Mermaid", and her little dog was Sebastian the crab. So Cute!

But how old is "too old" to trick-or-treat? It's one thing if you're an adult neighbor playing a trick on someone (I never suspected that old lady WAS my neighbor!! :LOL: ), but I always figured once you're old enough to drive you should retire from beggars' night unless you're taking your little sibling around. Tonight we had a few guys who sported full beards (better than our 35-year-old son can grow...) - or as Himself said "when you're old enough to buy a case of beer, it's time to quit". :glare:

Ah yes..."Beggers Night." I remember that from eons ago. Isn't that Oct 30th? I mentioned that to someone and they didn't have a clue. Eons back, Halloween had so much potential for candy booty that trick or treaters went out the night before Halloween night.

This is appropriate after a certain age. It's from FB.

10615337_10205383400211421_734142089838704262_n.jpg

My mother-in-law used to have 2 bins of candy. Full size bars for the little kids, and lollypops for the "too old" kids. She refused to give them the good stuff.

My grumble is about rude drivers. I was driving home from shopping. The guy behind me was tailgating. I was going at the speed of traffic and keeping my two second following distance. Why tailgate? He wasn't going to get there any faster. We both wanted to turn left, so we got in the left turn lane. I stopped about two car lengths behind the car in front of me. Guy behind pulls up too close; honks; and throws his hands in the air. We make our turn. He saw me turn on my right turn signal, so he started to move into the right lane. I had enough space to make my lane change, so I did, since I had to turn right at the first intersection. He obviously didn't need to turn right, because he promptly swerved into the number one lane (the furthest left lane for your direction). Of course he didn't make a full stop at the stop sign. I think there was steam coming out of his ears. Grrr. It wouldn't have taken him one second longer if he hadn't been rude (and dangerous), in fact, if he hadn't been rude, he would have saved himself two lane changes in one block and maybe saved a second.

My petty vent is if your sign says Paperbacks 4 for 99 cents, I expect one to be 25 cents.
Do not ring one up and tell me 53 cents and that I have to buy 4 to get the discount.
Please fix your sign to say 4 for 99 cents or 49 cents each.
Oh and by the way, I won't be back and you lost an extra 47 cents because if you had honored the sign, I would have done your round up to the nearest dollar.
Yes, I will let your big boss know.
And I might tell them about the other customer that walked out because of your funky pricing.

Last edited:
I know you were told as a child because "your mother does plastic canvas, it must be easy" does not mean that it really is easy.
Your aircraft carrier idea will not work.
We discussed the whys the last time you thought about it.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Note: said child is now grown.

I know you were told as a child because "your mother does plastic canvas, it must be easy" does not mean that it really is easy.
That was a bit vague.

Sorry, I don't know what this means or what it refers to.

That was a bit vague.
My daughter has decided she wants to make an aircraft carrier out of plastic canvas. She was told growing up that because I did plastic canvas work, it was very easy. So therefore my daughter thinks she should be able to just use plastic canvas and it will look great.

Note the well meaning relative did not say I made it look easy but it must be easy if I can do it.

I just wish my kid would actually finish a small project.
Before getting grand ideas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom