Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many moons ago the PO hired part time sorters. They went in early in the morning and sorted each carrier's days delivery. It was put in order of their route and by house number. Now each mailman has to sort their own. They only do by street.

Addie, when I get my coffee shipped from Orange, MA it first goes to Shrewsbury, MA, then to our neighbor town, then to our town. My coffee never has to go through Boston. Same route for Christmas gifts our daughter has mailed from OH before we could go back home every Christmas.

Let's see...if I drop something off at my town post office for somewhere else in my town, it goes from my PO to the next town over. From there it is bulk-shipped out to the Shrewsbury sorting location. Once it is sorted to return to my town's post office, it first goes to the neighboring post office where they (mis)sort it for drop-off at my town's PO to be delivered. OR...I could just walk to wherever it is the mail is supposed to go and probably faster, in spite of gimpy hip/sore ankles/bad feet and all.

At least our regular mail carrier is sharp. They usually catch all the mis-sorts and straighten the mail out before it hits our boxes. I can always tell when we have a sub carrier. :LOL:

I bought 20 "forever" stamps two years ago. I have three left. I communicate over the internet. I even invoice my customers that way, and my biggest customer pays my invoices via EFT, so it is all paperless, and nothing gets mailed.

BTW, I love to talk about my 84-year-old father. And, I'm going to do so right now. He has the newest iPhone, a MacBook Pro, an iMac, an iPad that my mom uses to read books, and a seriously badass Audi that syncs to his iPhone. My 84-year-old father has a car that is "speed limited" from the factory to 154 MPH.

When he first got into the high-tech stuff, he called me a couple times a week to help him out. Now, it is maybe twice a year, and it is for a problem I have difficulty with. We generally work those out together as a team effort.

Caseydog, could I please have your dad's nbr? I have a few issues with my gadgets and would like to have some help! :LOL:

Ummmm, I'm sure you will understand my hesitation to give out my dad's phone number to someone I've never met other on a cooking forum on the internet, but I certainly understand your issues.

I always try to make sure his badass car blocks mine in his driveway, so it is "easier" to use his. Payback. He did the same thing with my badass cars back in the day. He always needed to run to the store when my 5.0 litre mustang was parked in the driveway somewhat behind his car. I could hear him from many blocks away.

He doesn't complain. I still remember very clearly the day he experienced 70-plus MPH on my boat. 30 MPH over what his boat could do. He went and bought a faster Audi than mine the next week. SOB!

CD

Last edited:
Aw Casey, I was only kidding! Why do think a lot of us use "handles".

I rarely ask for people's phone nbrs. If I want to start connecting to someone, I give them mine - then it is up to them to decide if they want to communicate. Same when someone asks me for someone else's phone nbr. I tell them give me yours and I will give it to them...

Hat's off to your Dad, he sounds really cool!

Aw Casey, I was only kidding! Why do think a lot of us use "handles".

I rarely ask for people's phone nbrs. If I want to start connecting to someone, I give them mine - then it is up to them to decide if they want to communicate. Same when someone asks me for someone else's phone nbr. I tell them give me yours and I will give it to them...

Hat's off to your Dad, he sounds really cool!

I knew you were kidding. Now, if you had asked for his date of birth and social security number, I might have been a wee bit suspicious. I'm not going to fall for that one, again.

CD

Update on some of my petty vents...

Propane fireplace has been fixed... no longer makes explosive booms when it starts up. Would you believe a simply adjustment to the flue.!

TV is now working. Reset needed. Unplug, hold the power button down for 30 seconds, leave unplugged for 24 hours. IT WORKS!!!

With the money saved from NOT having to buy a new TV I can take my tiime over deciding how to handle my whining computer. :ermm::rolleyes:

ALL IN ALL - - - A GOOD DAY! :D

till the next annoyance

I have a free PO box at the post office since they do not deliver mail in town. Now if they would only open on my schedule...

I have a PO just across the street from where I live. They no longer accept packages for pick up. So if I get something on eBay, I have to drive to the other PO halfway across town to get it.:censored:

Update on some of my petty vents...

Propane fireplace has been fixed... no longer makes explosive booms when it starts up. Would you believe a simply adjustment to the flue.!

TV is now working. Reset needed. Unplug, hold the power button down for 30 seconds, leave unplugged for 24 hours. IT WORKS!!!

With the money saved from NOT having to buy a new TV I can take my tiime over deciding how to handle my whining computer. :ermm::rolleyes:

ALL IN ALL - - - A GOOD DAY! :D

till the next annoyance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkzE23pyME4

CD :LOL:

Thank you Caseydog!

Our family watched that faithfully every week. No PVR or VCR in them days so if we missed it... I was really upset. :LOL: Great Show!

I have a PO just across the street from where I live. They no longer accept packages for pick up. So if I get something on eBay, I have to drive to the other PO halfway across town to get it.:censored:

We have no other Post Office and I too have to drive halfway across town to get my mail...all one block:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Ah, yeah. That sucks. It sure can derail your afternoon. But it's not too late to make a good meal with it. Roasting to the rescue! [emoji2] C'mon, you can do this!

And a suggestion for the future: I keep Sharpies, small pads of stickies, a pen and transparent tape in a kitchen drawer with the silverware. Anytime I put something in the freezer, I write the contents on the freezer bag or tape a stickie on the lid of the container, including the weight (if applicable, like a roast) or the number of pieces (like chicken or pork chops). It's been a very easy, helpful system.

If you curse, it will be replaced with asterisks ;)

not sure if you will see this. maybe just a thanks would have worked.

thing is tho, i DO usually keep track, but my hubby has been doing the meat shopping lately and we've just had sooo much going on, he'd put them away before...maybe i should tell HIM to do it! ;) but nah, usually it is fine.
Ended up making...hmm oh! like a dopiaza chicken. found some recipe. it wasn't great, but it was not bad either. (my cooking, not necessarily the recipe btw)

Chicken and Onion Curry (Chicken Dopiaza) Recipe | SAVEUR

-----
today's VERY petty vent. dont really even need to vent perse, but...why is there never enough sauce!? :P

actually, reading an above post, i AM very upset about missing Lucifer show last Monday (Mon? or Tues?)!!!

Don't be, huge cliffy, ticked me and DD off royally. They'll replay it right before Luci starts again.

ohh! did the repeat the season ending?? i saw that one! I am so lost in time, idk when stuff comes back on, i just listen to hubby! haha

There are very few TV programs that I sit and stare at totally wrapped up in the program. If it doesn't challenge my brain, I just kind of follow what is going on while I am involved in some other activity. But Jeopardy is just that program. And I noticed that the questions are dumbing down.

Even though the dumbing down has happened, I need to speak up and let Spike and Pirate to please find some other time to chat for 30 minutes straight. They don't even notice if I turn the TV up full volume. They just continue to try to talk over it. It is three minutes to seven p.m. Spike is about to arrive with Teddy. Pirate is sleeping. Teddy will walk around looking for him. If he doesn't come out of his room in about ten minutes he will either bark loud enough to wake him or go in and jump up on his bed. At least I will get ten minutes to watch quietly.

ohh! did the repeat the season ending?? i saw that one! I am so lost in time, idk when stuff comes back on, i just listen to hubby! haha

Oh, don't know. I thought you were talking about the season finale episode. Has it been longer than a week or 2 since they played that? I lose track of time on TV shows.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom