Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GG and taxy, had you caught caseydog's earlier reply to me you would have seen that he specifically mentioned the car and model he drives. ;)

CD, blame "no spare" on the issue that you drive a clown car. :-p Now imagine that car with two fully grown, active weimaraners in the back seat. That's how our older niece looks when driving her car. :ermm: Funnier than a car full of clowns!

My previous cars were three Audis, a Volvo and a Mercedes. My "clown car" is more fun to drive than any of them. After years of car payments, I wanted a car I could pay cash for, and every time I saw a MINI Cooper on the road, it caught my attention. They just looked so cool.

I drove one, and brought it home -- five years ago. I've never owned a car that long before. My family and friends are amazed. I lost count of the cars I've owned at forty-something. I guess I finally met my automotive soulmate.

CD

Attachments

• NewMini800.jpg
    NewMini800.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 142
Went through the drive through at a fast food place for lunch. The screwed up 3 things on the order. One I over look. 2 ok maybe it the guys first day. But 3 things? Morons.

I deal with idiots!

As part of my six month checkups, a person from each department comes to my home and makes sure I am all right and can take care of myself.

Last Monday, March 27, the RN was supposed to show up at 1 p.m. No show. No phone call. No email with an explanation of any kind. I didn't even register a complaint. I just notified the office that they needed to set up another appointment with a different nurse.

I get a notice about four days ago that a different nurse was scheduled to show up today at 1 p.m. No show, no phone call, no email with any explanation. But I did get a call from some new department setting up an appointment for 4/11 to talk about some of the new services that are now being offered and would I be interested in any of them. I tried to tell her I was doing fine and didn't need a housekeeper, to send my laundry out, etc. I told her very politely that I can still do all my own cooking, housework, laundry, etc. Only it takes me a little longer than it used to when I was 20 y.o. She was persistent. So we set up an appointment for April 11th. Let's see if she shows up.

In the meantime, should I file a formal complaint? I don't want a black mark to go on her record. I have to go in this Thursday for my monthly vitals check. And take care of some other things. Do I mention it to the Head Nurse? Hmmmm. Is she the one who set up the appointments for both nurses that turned out to be no-shows?

When I joined ESP, it was a new program and only available to East Boston residents. That was more than ten years ago. Well they have exploded to where their central operations are still located here, but they are serving more than 10 communities. They are no longer providing the service like it was at the beginning. I think I may have to start looking at an alternative program. And I still have to decide what to do about the two no-show nurses.

You should fail a complain because not showing could be a danger to their carer.
My husband works with elders, delivers food , it is important that if he does a not show some calls in or a person starves but he is also the person that check if the food has been picked up or that people open the door, otherwise he has to call an emergency number.

You should fail a complain because not showing could be a danger to their carer.
My husband works with elders, delivers food , it is important that if he does a not show some calls in or a person starves but he is also the person that check if the food has been picked up or that people open the door, otherwise he has to call an emergency number.

We call that a "wellness check." Most of the time I do my laundry at night and check my mailbox at the same time. As a result, The residents don't see much of me. So when it has been a long time between sightings, one or two of the residents will knock on my door. Also, the mail folks who deliver the mail, if they see that someone is not picking up their mail for a few days, they will alert the manager and she will do a wellness check also.

Mail delivery folks all across the country are trained to do this. They all have a 911 number to call. Now with GPS, once that call reaches the authorities, the exact location and who is calling shows up on their screens. All the caller has to do let the dispatcher know what the emergency is. Fire, police or ambulance. While the dispatcher is gathering the information, they have already notified the department to dispatch. When they answer the call, the first thing they say is "911, what is your emergency?" All the time staying calm while the caller is screaming.

From personal experience, I know how stressful that job is. I lasted for two years. The pay was fantastic, but I found I was taking the stress home with me at the end of my shift.

911E has become the "law of the land." The "E" stands for Enhanced. Every town, hamlet or city now has it.

Last edited:
Any one who works with elders here do wellness checks, it part of the job but sometimes it fail. And since there are most often 2 or 4 people who will notice, if one miss then next one should see it. Doesnt always work.
But you should file a complain, who knows how many people that person has failed to see.

Addie, whether the person was a 'no-show' of her own calling or if she was called off by her boss and sent somewhere else or even if she got lost and couldn't find you or your address - it doesn't matter! the point is that no one advised YOU.

That is what you need to report. There is an obvious glitch in their system and you are the one to suffer from it. Not reporting it is not helping them nor the people they are servicing.

The person could also say they have been at your place but off doing something else, they get paid and you dont get the help you need.

Excellent points Cake Poet and dragnlaw.

I have this tendency to see the good side of folks. But the fact that there was no phone call cancelling is what really set me off. I already called the head nurse. Am still waiting for her to call me back. Will give you an update. And yes I am going to file a formal complaint. State law states that when a complaint has been filed against a State license holder that has been issued by the State, then that complaint has to be answered and responded to within 30 days.

If this offense is a chronic problem with either one or both, they will lose their job. When I had the Noro Virus a couple of years ago, my son called Winthrop to let them know I was very sick. He described what was wrong. The nurse determined that by the symptoms described what I had. There was a bad epidemic going through Boston. But to make sure, they wanted the visiting nurse to come and collect a sample. That nurse did show up. And she instructed my son in how to scrub his hands, gave him a box of gloves, a pile of masks, and a large container of hospital strength Clorox Wipes. She spent more than an hour with him. Now that is one visiting nurse who was doing her job. Not like these last two slackers.

This epidemic was so wide spread, that Winthrop closed down their daycare program for one week. And for the elderly, it could prove to be deadly. In a matter of just a couple of hours, the patient could become severely dehydrated and deceased. Fortunately for me, it was not my time to become a statistic.

Last edited:
Always report a no call/no show. That is considered neglect and they may be endangering others folks, who cannot report, who need the help more than you.

Always report a no call/no show. That is considered neglect and they may be endangering others folks, who cannot report, who need the help more than you.
+1. Many years ago at one job I had, I talked to a co-worker about how bad I felt about telling the president - in response to a direct question - that I had not put marketing information about a new product on the website because the marketing guy had not given it to me yet. I got it the next day.

She told me that the president can't correct problems if he doesn't know about them. And that was just about a digital projector, not people's well-being and lives. That advice has stuck with me.

Back
Top Bottom