Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pissed! You may or may not see my post because I made the mistake of letting my customer book my hotel room "just this one time" instead of booking it myself. I can't send emails, the internet is sketchy all-around, and there is an f--ing elephant in the room above me. I'm too old for Econo-Lodge.

Seriously, you may never see this post. The internet connection is that bad.

I always book my own hotel rooms. I always get my own rental car... but this job caught my off guard. They told me they made all the arrangements, and I didn't have time to do my own travel planning.

I am also working side-by-side with some of their company employees, and don't like to crap on them with a better hotel and personal car rental, although I now know that they are all more than okay with it, since I do more than I have to on these assignments (including picking up bar tabs).

Lucky for me/us, the owner of the cars knows the guys who send us to do the hard work. One of those guys is coming tomorrow to "make sure everything is getting done." The owner of the cars is a cool guy, and he's going to run blocker for us, so we can do what we need to done.

I'm getting too old for this s$-t.

CD

Casey, I feel ya man!
After traveling with ALL of DH's family, and his older brother claiming himself the Grand PoohBah; he made all of the arrangements for all TWENTY FIVE OF US and it wasn't a good thing :LOL:
NEVER again!!!

Due to all my travels around the country, I have friends in so many states. When I was healthy enough, I would plan to visit at least one friend each year. But for some unknown reason to me, they all have been kind enough to let me stay in their home during my visit. I never stayed more than four days. They would drive me back to the airport, and I couldn't have had more gracious hosts. So why oh why, did I always feel guilty by the time I got back home? I always arrived home feeling as if I had put my hosts through a lot of extra work to make my visits very pleasant.

I never said anything to any of them about these feelings of guilt. I have just learned to live with it. As I mentioned earlier, I have a friend in Georgia and I have gone to stay at her home on more than one occasion. So when she called me back last night to let me know she was safe along with her family, she once again asked me to come for a visit. Due to my leg, I had to turn her invite down. Now I am feeling guilty about having to turn down her invite. Maybe by this time next year I will try to visit her again. Now I just have to learn how to get rid of the guilt I will come home with. I know she will go out of her way to make me feel more than welcome.

I hate having feelings of senseless guilt. I bring it on myself. Will I ever learn?

I'm not 100-percent sure, but I am pretty sure the squirrel that got into my ceiling/wall/attic has died -- inside the house. There is a smell that I remember from when a mouse died in the ductwork of my Ford Explorer years ago.

Problem is, I don't know exactly what a dead animal in the ceiling/wall/attic smells like. I just know my house smells like it should smell like, and I remember that same smell from the Explorer dead rodent.

If I am right, the smell will eventually go away, as it did with my Explorer. But, a squirrel is bigger than a mouse, so it may take a while.

CD

My Amazon delivery is only 2 blocks and 7 stops away. But that can still take a couple of hours before I see the white Amazon van pull up in front of my shop. I sometimes spend all day watching the stupid real-time package tracking map on my laptop. I need to get a life. IMG_0742.jpg

Last edited:
My Amazon delivery is only 2 blocks and 7 stops away. But that can still take a couple of hours before I see the white Amazon van pull up in front of my shop. I sometimes spend all day watching the stupid real-time package tracking map on my laptop. I need to get a life.View attachment 33899

Yeah, you may be just a wee bit too focused on that delivery. :LOL:

CD

Petty Vent

DH's buddy came to visit with us for two or three days.
Now mind you, I'm perfectly okay with friends coming to stay, but this guy
DOESN'T STOP TALKING!
No kidding!
He got here today at 10am and hasn't stopped talking yet!!!
AND he's the only one talking... :LOL:
I had to slip away to the master bedroom with my tablet to escape the chatter, its only a bit after 9pm

K-Girl, I feel for ya. When our Loverly was little, she just wouldn't shut up. It got to the point where I either had to recruit Goober into playing along with me so I could call out "quiet contest starts NOW"* or, if he wasn't around, just tell Loverly that my ears were tired and could she take a talking break. BTW, Mack's silicone ear plugs work pretty good. ;)

* "Quiet Contest" meant the first kid that talked first lost, the winner got a prize. Truth be told, they both ended up with a treat like ice cream or something...

DOESN'T STOP TALKING!
No kidding!
I had to slip away to the master bedroom with my tablet to escape the chatter, its only a bit after 9pm

Ykies Kgirl !! I really feel for you. :hammer::boxing::bash:

DOESN'T STOP TALKING!
No kidding!
I empathize. Now, imagine having to deal with that, 24/7, for the rest of your life! you start hoping for a mild heart attack, so you can spend a few days in the hospital, in a relatively quiet environment!

Just my opinion, but I think there's something fundamentally wrong with "motor mouth people". I think they are so wrapped up in themselves that they don't have a clue how they are perceived by others, nor do they care. Conversation with them is out of the question even if you can get a word in, as they are concentrating on what they will say next and you've wasted your breath. It's best to just walk away.

msm, that's hilarious! Would probably get me sued...

Just my opinion, but I think there's something fundamentally wrong with "motor mouth people". I think they are so wrapped up in themselves that they don't have a clue how they are perceived by others, nor do they care...It's best to just walk away.
Agreed. My dear Mom, who was never accused of being a lady, would say that those people have diarrhea of the mouth. :mrgreen:

The same can be said of people who post and post and never really have much to contribute to the topic at hand. I suppose most of us stray off topic on occasion, but when the topic is mostly about themselves, well then I kinda have to scroll along.

Petty Vent of the Day:

My boss is a pain in the :censored: and makes me want to go jump off a cliff.

Thank you.

One day a friend told me "Love your enemy, it will drive them crazy. Smile a lot and shower with Thank you's. I didn't know that."

About six months down the road, it will dawn on your boss that you had the upper hand all along and was just humoring him.

One day a friend told me "Love your enemy, it will drive them crazy. Smile a lot and shower with Thank you's. I didn't know that."

About six months down the road, it will dawn on your boss that you had the upper hand all along and was just humoring him.

I don't know if I'd have the strength to smile at him :LOL:

Nah, he's a good guy, for the most part. He'd give me the shirt off his back if I needed it. But he also happens to be the most annoying, aggravating human being I've ever met.

People who have Motor Mouth, etc. could also be extremely insecure and cover it by talking talking talking... personal experience...

OMG - my post actually went thru! I'm in complete shock... it has been literally months since I locked myself out - I could read but not post...

Last edited:
So that's why I haven't seen you much Dragn!!!

I like that nick-name for DH's buddy, Mister Motor-Mouth :)

I agree with ya folks, I think he talks and talks and talks about himself... going back to when we was in his 20's, always when he was in his 20's...
HE'S 70 NOW!!!
You can't get a word in edge wise other than ah-ha, yup and nod your head and smile. :ermm:

We went out to eat linner yesterday as well as today, and it takes him FOREVER to eat his meal, `CUZ HE DOESN'T SHUT UP!!!
Today DH was getting annoyed and just kept saying under his breath, hurry up let's go!!! I think DH's had enough too :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom