Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suppose this could be considered a full vent, but I couldn't find the thread for it. So here I am.

Yeah, there are a lot of flakes out there on Craigslist, LetGo. I've found Facebook Marketplace to have less flaky people. I always make a point of letting sellers know "Thanks, but I'm not interested".

I also don't hold any item I'm selling for anyone. First person with the money gets it. Too bad if it sold and you're on your way to my place. That's life. It's all because people who said they were coming and then bailed.

I also have had really good results with Facebook marketplace. You can localize your search to your area. Also there are special interest groups on FB and you can post for sales on those sites. I sold a timeshare week by going to a SI group for the resort. Posted the wee and it was sold in five hours.

Thanks, but I don't have a Facebook account. I did and I was in the middle of getting everything together when they send me a message saying my account had been deleted because of it being a fake account during one of their account purges. Who knows how they decide stuff like that?

But I wasn't going to argue with them about it. Anyway, I'm relisting the trailer again today.

RT, I don't know if you're brave or foolish, but there's no way I'd meet a stranger in a remote area to show that trailer. Ykies!!
Me, too. We've been watching "Criminal Minds" a lot lately, though ;) Seriously, I wouldn't meet a stranger alone in remote place, either, much less offer him a ride there.

!@#$

Thanks, but I don't have a Facebook account. I did and I was in the middle of getting everything together when they send me a message saying my account had been deleted because of it being a fake account during one of their account purges. Who knows how they decide stuff like that?

But I wasn't going to argue with them about it. Anyway, I'm relisting the trailer again today.

I'm just jealous!

When I follow all the instructions to cancel Facebook account, instantly get a message saying someone requests it NOT be canceled.

I'm mad at the whole tech giant world. I work my arse off to deliver a quality product to my customers, and Apple, Spectrum, Adobe, and all the other high tech leaches take my money and tell me it is my fault if their stuff doesn't work. Even worse, they tell me their stuff will work fine if I give them some more money. The tech giants are like Lucy holding a football for Charlie Brown to kick, and I'm Charlie Brown.

Grrrrrr!

CD

...take my money...
Arg, they're all alike, CB...I mean CD. Let me tell you about our appliance story:

When I went to set the timer on the range (circa 11-2007) control panel, I noticed a few small cracks in the face. I noticed it because I could run the timer up only until 11 minutes, then it stopped counting up. Hmm. I pulled out the owner's manual for Himself - totally useless. (The manual, although Himself is on the bubble most of the time, too.) He went online to see if he could get a replacement part. Why yes, he could. For $300 plus shipping and tax! The problem is that a while ago you could buy just the screen. Now, the only way they sell the display is as a package - screen and all the electronics behind it. He said that they probably sell it that way now because they weren't making enough money selling just the cover panel. :glare: I'm not willing to spend $300+ on an almost 12-year-old stove with chips in the surface, paint wear on the trim strip at the bottom of the oven door, and what seems to be a less-than-tight seal on said door. Plus, it's the only non-black appliance in the kitchen.

New black range getting delivered Thursday afternoon. :cool: Not a stove I will love, but the hope is that it won't be mine for long. At least it will not carry the air of something that has been rode hard and put away wet.

We HAVE to get out of this house before we need to replace anything else when it breaks!!!

I got "purged" too. FB wanted me to send them all kinds of personal documentation to prove I was a real person. Then, they would do a complete background check, and maybe let me have a new FB account.

I read their notice, and gave it the single finger salute.

CD

We HAVE to get out of this house before we need to replace anything else when it breaks!!!

I completely understand. If I were to put my house on the market, I'd probably have to do 20K in fixing stuff -- of buy a home warranty for the buyer.

But, my house has doubled in value, and I have about 180K in equity in it. So, I have some wiggle room to negotiate if I decide to sell.

CD

"What part of 'after NOON' is confusing to you???"

That's pretty much what I've told the delivery service the last two nights. When I bought the new range on Tuesday, the saleswoman asked it I wanted an AM or PM delivery. I said PM. She advised me that I would get a phone call Wednesday evening telling me what 4-hour window in the afternoon I could expect my delivery. When the delivery service called on Wednesday, they said I could expect my range between 8 and noon. :huh: Um, no, I asked for AFTER noon. I told the woman I would be OK with pushing the day back to a Friday delivery if it would help with getting me an afternoon delivery. No problem, they'd have someone call me on Thursday night with a Friday delivery time...which turned out to be between 10 AM and 2 PM. :glare: In the spirit of "third time's the charm", I'm trying for a Saturday delivery between noon and 5. :LOL: Also going to bed earlier tonight so I can actually be UP before noon Friday in anticipation that I'll still be getting a 10-2 delivery slot on Saturday. :rolleyes:

It has been a heck of a week. Broke a molar. Not fun. The morning caregiver didn't show up all week, so it was ME. Dad was in a rage. Finally, he is away for a weekend of respite but I have had the lawn boys here (the owner of the company that comes three/four times a summer got Lyme disease, so the list is 20 items long), someone's stray black lab showed up (nice boy, but I was afraid he'd get hit by a car on the road, so now he is the garage and the owner's away for the weekend). Having said-black lab on the lawn all day drove my Dad's poodle crazy. A neighbor is coming to take him to his "home" and put him in his kennel and will make sure he has water and food for the weekend. Supposedly the "kids" let him out instead of putting him in his kennel. Lost my phone (long story). The "lawn boy" weed wacked my pepper plants. But, Mom and I are having a girls' weekend. Just a typical week in the life of the only child caring for the Elders.

Last edited:
Truck died and no one around here can see it for 3-4 weeks. Dad is lending me enough to get a run around car that is more economical than the truck and I'll have something to drive while waiting to get the truck fixed. Meanwhile, been on vacation...stuck in Lingle for a week, yippee!

Truck died and no one around here can see it for 3-4 weeks. Dad is lending me enough to get a run around car that is more economical than the truck and I'll have something to drive while waiting to get the truck fixed. Meanwhile, been on vacation...stuck in Lingle for a week, yippee!
Glad you are vacy and having a good time!:wacko:

... Meanwhile, been on vacation...stuck in Lingle for a week, yippee!
Sorry about your truck troubles. Thinkin' there are way worse places to be stuck though. Looked up, Lingle. Improbably, this snip is from a page called the Lingle Wyoming Big Map.
Lingle Wyoming Big Map.jpg
For some reason reminded me of this.
OpenRange.jpg

3-4 weeks! Well that is definitely suboptimal. Glad to hear that you won't be stuck with no vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom