Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SO is in Florida visiting an ill relative. She is not tech savvy at all and is having constant issues with her iPad. She calls several times a day because she has an issue. Recently it's repeated issues with her AppleID. I find it very difficult to provide tech support over the phone. I'm not a professional.

This morning she was trying to access some medical data and decided to change her USERNAME!

Compound that with trying to get her to simply tell me what's on her screen so I'll know what to do next. It drives me crazy.

I guess I shouldn't complain, my 85 YO sister is ten times worse.

Andy, I hear ya. I have done this with clients and with my sister. It was years ago, but incredibly frustrating. "No, the top right corner of the screen." "Did you just hit enter? I heard it."

Poor you Andy! But one man's bane is another's balm.

Copied and sent your vent to my son hoping it makes him feel better. He has to not only deal with me but his father and his Uncle. Phones, computers and TV's. But I don't think any of us have changed our UserNames!

Andy, I hear ya. I have done this with clients and with my sister. It was years ago, but incredibly frustrating. "No, the top right corner of the screen." "Did you just hit enter? I heard it."

Poor you Andy! But one man's bane is another's balm.

Copied and sent your vent to my son hoping it makes him feel better. He has to not only deal with me but his father and his Uncle. Phones, computers and TV's. But I don't think any of us have changed our UserNames!

I see you understand. I don't mind it when she's here. It's just super frustrating when I have to do it over the phone.

My sister got a new home phone. Cordless with an answering machine. She was moaning about issues over the phone to me. I asked her to read me the model number. That was an adventure. "where can I find it?" It's not there." OK then, look in this spot." With the brand and model I was able to download a manual online and read it so I could tell her what to do.

Then I get frustrated and raise my voice and that complicates the issue. "Why are you yelling at me!" "I'm not Im just frustrated."

I sympathize, Shrek used to call me at work to tell me he was having problems with his computer...had to remind him a few times I was a nurse, not IT. I kinda miss those calls.

I must have the dumbest neighbor in the country. :glare: We're going through a very dry period precipitation-wise right now. Little snow this winter, very little rain in the past five weeks - conditions are pretty dry. Towns are cautioning people to be watchful and cautious. And the jackass next door has spent the last five days cutting up all the trees he fell last year, splitting them into firewood chunks, and burning off the waste while he's cutting and splitting. For the last five days there has been such a haze in the sky it looks like fire season in the west - not to mention that the smoke is so thick we can actually smell it in the house even though the windows are closed. And while I sit here in our sun room reading and such, he's busy doing a dance around the fire pit getting it to flame higher by using his leaf blower like a fireplace bellows! At least he's outside looking at it. There have been numerous times this weekend when he left the fire blazing away while he disappeared into the house for hours...

I. Just. Can't.

I must have the dumbest neighbor in the country. :glare: We're going through a very dry period precipitation-wise right now. Little snow this winter, very little rain in the past five weeks - conditions are pretty dry. Towns are cautioning people to be watchful and cautious. And the jackass next door has spent the last five days cutting up all the trees he fell last year, splitting them into firewood chunks, and burning off the waste while he's cutting and splitting. For the last five days there has been such a haze in the sky it looks like fire season in the west - not to mention that the smoke is so thick we can actually smell it in the house even though the windows are closed. And while I sit here in our sun room reading and such, he's busy doing a dance around the fire pit getting it to flame higher by using his leaf blower like a fireplace bellows! At least he's outside looking at it. There have been numerous times this weekend when he left the fire blazing away while he disappeared into the house for hours...

I. Just. Can't.

Good grief! Is that even legal?

I would be livid. I would be calling the city. (((hugs)))

I agree with both taxy and k-girl. You really should check in with the authorities.

He honestly sounds like an "accident" waiting to happen.

And the biggest loser in this accident just might be you!

Please be careful and safe!

Good grief! Is that even legal?

I would be livid. I would be calling the city. (((hugs)))
His fire pit is up to code. Dang! But he's supposed to keep the smoke signals down.
CG, isn't this the neighbor that smoked you folks out a whiles back?
I'd be checking with the authorities, like Taxy said, is this legal?
Same people. Not the easiest to deal with. I've really got to get us out of this house. :rolleyes:

I agree with both taxy and k-girl. You really should check in with the authorities.

He honestly sounds like an "accident" waiting to happen.

And the biggest loser in this accident just might be you!

Please be careful and safe!
We have large lots - 100 feet wide. He's working on the far side from our lot line, with no trees or vegetation between his fire pit and our lot, just bare dirt. It would take a major oops for anything to harm our property, but the smoke is driving me crazy.

I did call the fire department yesterday. They sent someone from the station around. He called back to let me know that the pit is within code. The smoke is coming from the fact that the neighbor is stripping and burning all the bark from the trees he cut down last year. We've listened to a LOT of chainsaw and log splitter noises over the past week, with smoke signals being sent up whenever he's out there. I sure hope he runs out of wood to cut up soon!

Back
Top Bottom