Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I purchased a roll of bubble wrap one year to send off a bunch of fragile presents. I hung onto the end of the roll for years. Then one day my girlfriend in Atlanta mentioned that she needed to find some bubble wrap. I told her I would send her enough to solve all her problems. I divided what was left on the roll into two packets and packed them into large manila envelopes. Taped them together and sent them on their way.

They arrived intact. Her daughter was so excited. Wanted to open it and see what Addie had sent. Bubble wrap? Huh? So she opened the second envelope. More bubble wrap? Has she lost her mind? Is this her idea of a joke? The look on her daughter's face was priceless. Her mother just took the bubble wrap and never explained to her why I sent them bubble wrap! :angel:

There is a pile of bubble wrap just next to the photocopier(multi thingy printer).

Now. Isn't this a Health and Safety issue?

In all seriousness, shouldn't I pop those potential pods of explosiveness?

There is a pile of bubble wrap just next to the photocopier(multi thingy printer).

Now. Isn't this a Health and Safety issue?

In all seriousness, shouldn't I pop those potential pods of explosiveness?

Absolutely! Someone could fall and smother in them.

My mother saved glass jars and plastic tubs that food came in, as well as newspapers (I have no idea why she saved the newspapers. Maybe she thought you could still get money for it at the recycler.). I have hauled so much of that crap out of her apartments.

I find it a lot easier to get that stuff out of the house right away, now that we have recycling pickup.

My mother saved glass jars and plastic tubs that food came in, as well as newspapers (I have no idea why she saved the newspapers. Maybe she thought you could still get money for it at the recycler.). I have hauled so much of that crap out of her apartments.

I find it a lot easier to get that stuff out of the house right away, now that we have recycling pickup.

You are like my Sister, she does not tolerate clutter.

I think because I'm the youngest I got used to getting all of the hand me downs and broken toys.

I equate clutter with coziness and security, boy is this place cozy! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Well, as I opened up the box of angel hair pasta and went to dump it into the boiling water, I did not realize the BOTTOM of the box was already open! So angel hair pasta went all over the floor and mixed with Beagle hair. Then it went into the trash. Luckily I still had another partial box of pasta so we didn't go hungry.

Well, as I opened up the box of angel hair pasta and went to dump it into the boiling water, I did not realize the BOTTOM of the box was already open! So angel hair pasta went all over the floor and mixed with Beagle hair. Then it went into the trash. Luckily I still had another partial box of pasta so we didn't go hungry.

Spike did that the other day when he was putting away my groceries. I left it there for The Pirate to pick up. I told him it was my way of letting him know how much I appreciate all he does for me. One more job he does so well. :rolleyes: He bought it with rolling eyes! :angel:

Oh I hate it when that happens.

I tried to have that problem, but just didn't have the room, so I finally learned to use the trash can. Yep, I'd find a use for that box or bubble wrap within a day or so, but I'd have to just go out and get some. PITA? Yes!, but it keeps my apartment clutter free and I do love to shop, so I get to do one of my favorite things (shop) and still keep my apartment from becoming a hoarder's nightmare. LOL

You are like my Sister, she does not tolerate clutter.

I think because I'm the youngest I got used to getting all of the hand me downs and broken toys.

I equate clutter with coziness and security, boy is this place cozy! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
Don't tolerate clutter. :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh no, that's not me at all. I have to edit all the photos I post to keep from posting pix of the clutter. I don't always succeed.

It's just that it's not as hard to recycle something that might be useful as it is to throw it in the garbage.

That's what it is about clutter, Taxy. Either you can tolerate it, or you can't. Me, I just can't.

It's a useful trait when I want to get a sewing job done, or a crochet project. If it's within eyesight, I will keep working on it until I can get it done and out of sight, or withstand the irritation of seeing it cluttering up my visual landscape.

I'm not so much a collector, but DH is... he can't throw away all his agricultual journal and car magazine... there is still the chance he must look up any comparisons in five years.
Worst is, he can tell you in which one he will find what... :rolleyes:

Every now and then I look throw and if I think it's not important, it lands in the paper bank ;o)

There is no need for me to collect boxes and bubble wrap, if I need some, I just take it home from work..

The older I get the more I remind myself of my Mother, with her it was paper bags, nice little jars and egg cartons!

Pity the fool that inherits my vast holdings, mwa-ha-ha-ha! :ermm::ohmy::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I do the jars. I keep saurkraut jars because they are perfect for when I make soup to give away. And I also save small olive and pickle jars because at Easter I make beet horseradish and everyone wants a jar to take home. I hate to give them Ball canning jars because they never return them.

What did your mother do with the egg cartons? I think some people use them for craft projects and some people who make jewelry keep beads etc in them.

I do the jars. I keep saurkraut jars because they are perfect for when I make soup to give away. And I also save small olive and pickle jars because at Easter I make beet horseradish and everyone wants a jar to take home. I hate to give them Ball canning jars because they never return them.

What did your mother do with the egg cartons?
I think some people use them for craft projects and some people who make jewelry keep beads etc in them.

Craft projects with her gang of old girlfriends.

She used to get upset with me because I did not want wreaths made out of computer punch cards, angels made out of old Readers Digests, plastic crosses made out of Styrofoam egg cartons etc...

Crafts make me twitch! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Craft projects with her gang of old girlfriends.

She used to get upset with me because I did not want wreaths made out of computer punch cards, angels made out of old Readers Digests, plastic crosses made out of Styrofoam egg cartons etc...

Crafts make me twitch! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Oh, I forgot all about the wreaths made out of computer punch cards. I rarely do crafts, but one year a friend got me into making carts out of clothespins, filling them with styrofoam and artificial poinsettias. I thought they were beautiful and gave them to all the family members.

Back
Top Bottom