Photos on the Forums Page

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did get rid of a blacked out pic that had shown up. There was one that was just awful, I let it go...hope it doesn't show back up.

There's one called, "Burger Bomb" that needs to be looked at...:yum:

I almost reported that burger bomb pic.
It almost had me missing work this morning and running to the store for cheese :LOL:

...There's one called, "Burger Bomb" that needs to be looked at...:yum:

I almost reported that burger bomb pic.
It almost had me missing work this morning and running to the store for cheese :LOL:

You guys are just jealous. You can't appreciate my burger bomb until you've experienced the steak bomb sandwich popular is some of the sub (sandwich) shops around here.

I had just used up the burger I had thawed for a goulash when I came across it.

I'm not sure what's going on behind the scenes with the pics, but if there any that do not belong, just report it and we can handle it from there. Saves me having to go look for the one you are talking about.

I thought I added a photo to the cooking cat but it showed up in the Misc cat. I didn't see a way to choose which cat a photo goes into. And why are the old photos first?

The category that your image will display in depends on what category your album has been assigned to.

Currently we have the following image categories:

Member photos
Cooking
Where we live....
The traveling Apron
Misc

When you set up albums in your profile, you can assign them to one of these categories. You can edit existing albums to change the category they are currently assigned to. Already existing albums were assigned to the Misc category, when we moved to this new set up. Msmofet, I edited your album to assign it to the cooking category.

Currently only images in albums that have been assigned to the cooking category are being displayed in the random rotation. As more members assign their albums to a category, we will see more pics in the rotation.

Remember: You can set up several albums and assign them to various categories. You can edit existing Albums as well and you can edit individual images to move them to a new location if desired.

We are still making small tweaks so please be patient. Your feedback is useful and being listened to, but changes are made cautiously so they may not appear instantly.

The category that your image will display in depends on what category your album has been assigned to.

Currently we have the following image categories:

Member photos
Cooking
Where we live....
The traveling Apron
Misc

When you set up albums in your profile, you can assign them to one of these categories. You can edit existing albums to change the category they are currently assigned to. Already existing albums were assigned to the Misc category, when we moved to this new set up. Msmofet, I edited your album to assign it to the cooking category.

Currently only images in albums that have been assigned to the cooking category are being displayed in the random rotation. As more members assign their albums to a category, we will see more pics in the rotation.

Remember: You can set up several albums and assign them to various categories. You can edit existing Albums as well and you can edit individual images to move them to a new location if desired.

We are still making small tweaks so please be patient. Your feedback is useful and being listened to, but changes are made cautiously so they may not appear instantly.
I didn't set my album up in/from my profile. I clicked the member photos tab and clicked add album. I missed the drop down to choose a category.

Last edited:
MsM, go to "User CP" and select "Pictures & Albums." Once there click on the album you want to include, up in the top right corner is an "Edit Album" link, click that and the drop down is at the top.

Actually, I have a complain about the picks, but of a different sort. it is not that easy to add or to manupulate the picks in the albums. So, I've stopped adding picks there.

When I try to view the front page picture at this url:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/members/17416-albums95-picture1613.html

I get the following error message:

Petek, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
The other photos display correctly.

Holy Cow! :ohmy:
The pictures just rotated again!
Got a non-food pic in there, the usual former member pic, and one from our own PF! :angel:

:LOL:
(I love bison steak)

I figured out how to get them into the rotation.

That was our Anniversary Dinner two years ago, our 25th.

I suggest to change the name in something more fancy then "Random Image". First, it's not an "Image", but 4 images :rolleyes:
We could use a title like "Our Awesome and Outstanding Members' Phenomenal Shots"! Or something as plain and sober as that.

Well nothing is rotating. Not on the main "Member Photos" OR in the individual pages. I still see the same pics on the main page except for Misc which has no pic. And when I click a category (cooking for example) I see the same pics on page 1 - which are the oldest pics I guess, from 2005 of a pink cake.

hmmm, That doesn't sound very random then. :rolleyes:

I meant get them into the section where they are picked to be shown, randomly. :rolleyes:

I am getting many different pics, of course, I only go to that page about 6 times a day. Not a whole bunch of times in a row.

I suggest to change the name in something more fancy then "Random Image". First, it's not an "Image", but 4 images :rolleyes:
We could use a title like "Our Awesome and Outstanding Members' Phenomenal Shots"! Or something as plain and sober as that.

Thansk for the suggestions. we're still tweaking this....

I meant get them into the section where they are picked to be shown, randomly. :rolleyes:

I am getting many different pics, of course, I only go to that page about 6 times a day. Not a whole bunch of times in a row.

Ahhhh... :LOL:

I am in Andy's boat. I get the same pics all the time.
For instance, I just created an album last night, I saw a series of pics a few times this morning, the same series with pics of a ham and fried chicken, then mine came up in a new series, now the series of pics I was in is gone and the ham series is up again.
You would think that when one series has come and gone that the query would move onto a new group and not go back to one it has already shown. I was also surprised that a newly created album got one pic into the mix so quickly.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on it. It's a nice feature, but like you said, it needs tweaking. And if it is to be food related, you should have the members clean up their albums and get miscellaneous pics into a different category. There was a picture of chairs last night. Not sure what that was all about :LOL:

I am more than willing to remove pictures that do not belong in the "Food" Category, but you have to report them. I'm not going to waste time looking for "a picture with chairs."

Anyway, that's my thoughts on it. It's a nice feature, but like you said, it needs tweaking. And if it is to be food related, you should have the members clean up their albums and get miscellaneous pics into a different category. There was a picture of chairs last night. Not sure what that was all about :LOL:

Tweaking takes time and getting members to change their long established habits or edit existing albums takes even more time. Sometimes forum changes come slooooooowly. Be patient, when this is dialed in it will be a lovely feature.:flowers:

Tweaking takes time and getting members to change their long established habits or edit existing albums takes even more time. Sometimes forum changes come slooooooowly. Be patient, when this is dialed in it will be a lovely feature.:flowers:

Just to say I do appreciate your tweaking! :clap:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom