Pics of your own food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sure thing!

4 slices of bacon
¼ cup of butter
1 tbsp of all purpose flour
1 tsp of salt
1 large cored and shredded head cabbage
½ cup of sour cream

In a large deep skillet, cook the bacon over medium high heat for 10 minutes until browned on all sides. Remove the bacon from the skillet and set aside.

In the same skillet with the drippings, add in the butter, flour, salt and cabbage and cook for 15 minutes while stirring occasionally. Once the bacon is cooled, crumble it and add to the cabbage with sour cream.

It's amazingly delicious. It was very difficult not to sit there and eat the whole pan of the stuff.

PS - if you want to cut back a bit on the fat and calories, I've also made this without adding the butter (plus I used light sour cream) and it still came out fantastic. As long as you're using fatty bacon, you have enough fat there to cook the cabbage and, if you need a little more moisture until the cabbage is cooked to desired consistency, just add in a little water.

Great sounding recipe Linda and thank you. Management has asked us to also post a recipe to share where it can be found again easily. In this case, it would be great if you copied it also into the Vegetable recipe forum. I for one, would hate to loose your recipe. I love cabbage. :yum:

View attachment 33271

Bacon Fried Rice with a side of Scrambled Eggs, AH-YUM!!!

I never thought to put Bacon into Fried Rice,
but I saw it on some other Social Media site;
had some leftover Bacon :ermm::ohmy::huh:, yes I said leftover,
and I stash all of our leftover steamed Rice in the deep freeze for later.

DANG IT!!!
Now I want Fried Rice!
:LOL:

Kgirl, this morning I saw an episode from The Kitchen where they were making bacon AND egg fried rice. It looked to me like the perfect one bowl breakfast. ONO for you too I bet. Check this out..
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bacon-and-egg-fried-rice-5550066

By the way, you can watch it made from today's episode.

Great sounding recipe Linda and thank you. Management has asked us to also post a recipe to share where it can be found again easily. In this case, it would be great if you copied it also into the Vegetable recipe forum. I for one, would hate to loose your recipe. I love cabbage. :yum:

Sure, I can do that :)

Kgirl, this morning I saw an episode from The Kitchen where they were making bacon AND egg fried rice. It looked to me like the perfect one bowl breakfast. ONO for you too I bet. Check this out..
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bacon-and-egg-fried-rice-5550066

By the way, you can watch it made from today's episode.

YEAH!!!

I put eggs in my fried rice every time, but I had never tried bacon as the meat before. I stop at Peas, can't do Carrots. Tried it once, meh, nope.
But I'm thinking you could really put any veg you prefer into Fried Rice and make it your own, eh?
And YES!!!
I always make loads of extra Fried Rice for Breakfast.
DH says that's not breakfast... :huh: UMMM, tell me again where you lived for 42 years? :LOL:
Local folks love leftovers from the night before for breakfast or soup, a nice hearty, warming bowl when it's raining and yucky outside. :yum:
I was just thinking that today for breakfast, a big bowl of Jook…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvEJ61KlaKI&t=1s

YEAH!!!

I put eggs in my fried rice every time, but I had never tried bacon as the meat before. I stop at Peas, can't do Carrots. Tried it once, meh, nope.
But I'm thinking you could really put any veg you prefer into Fried Rice and make it your own, eh?
And YES!!!
I always make loads of extra Fried Rice for Breakfast.
DH says that's not breakfast... :huh: UMMM, tell me again where you lived for 42 years? :LOL:
Local folks love leftovers from the night before for breakfast or soup, a nice hearty, warming bowl when it's raining and yucky outside. :yum:
I was just thinking that today for breakfast, a big bowl of Jook…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvEJ61KlaKI&t=1s

Okay, I have to ask... did you guys eat a lot of Spam?

Stuffed Pepper, BBQ Onion, Deep Fried Pickles...

Stuffed Pepper with BBQ Onion.jpg

pickles 006.jpg

Recently I have spent a lot of time (more than I like to admit) learning to improve my food photography (especially with artificial light). I think it is starting to pay off.

Veggie-Chow-Mien-2-1024x683.jpg

Wow, I almost can't keep up with these beautiful pics!

Lucky and GG, I also love stuffed shells. Thank you both for the reminder! This pic is from 2 years ago, which is probably the last time I made them. I really need to make a batch again, since they freeze well. I usually make a blend of finely chopped cooked Italian sausage, spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, and an egg or two for the filling. A little more moz for topping, and some grated Parm. I don't make my own sauce, I usually buy Bertolli.:ermm:

Attachments

• stuffed shells.jpg
    stuffed shells.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 140
Mouth watering dishes there, Kgirl, Kay, Lucky, Powerplant. and everyone....:ohmy::yum: Thank you all for the inspiration!

Linda, here's a little dessert for you. Fresh blueberries, from scratch pie crust (half butter, half lard - all delicious), good quality vanilla bean ice cream.
IMG_20190128_000012251.jpg

Back
Top Bottom