Pics of your own food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seafood Soup
36788-albums1109-picture7590.jpg

Conch Chowder
36788-albums1109-picture7226.jpg

Very nice pictures, love them.

And the chicken pie is one of my all time favorite foods. I make a homemade chicken pot pie (the crust is from scratch) and it's so good. About time to make it again, as it's been a while.

I've got a couple of vegetable dishes that I tried and both were delicious.

Creamed Cabbage (adored this!) and shredded Brussels with bacon and onions. My favorite of the two was the creamed cabbage. I've got to make that again soon.

Attachments

• Creamed Cabbage.jpg
    Creamed Cabbage.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Shredded Brussels with Bacon and Onions.jpg
    Shredded Brussels with Bacon and Onions.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 129
I've got a couple of vegetable dishes that I tried and both were delicious.

Creamed Cabbage (adored this!) and shredded Brussels with bacon and onions. My favorite of the two was the creamed cabbage. I've got to make that again soon.

Creamed cabbage info/recipe please...

Ross

Creamed cabbage info/recipe please...

Ross

Sure thing!

4 slices of bacon
¼ cup of butter
1 tbsp of all purpose flour
1 tsp of salt
1 large cored and shredded head cabbage
½ cup of sour cream

In a large deep skillet, cook the bacon over medium high heat for 10 minutes until browned on all sides. Remove the bacon from the skillet and set aside.

In the same skillet with the drippings, add in the butter, flour, salt and cabbage and cook for 15 minutes while stirring occasionally. Once the bacon is cooled, crumble it and add to the cabbage with sour cream.

It's amazingly delicious. It was very difficult not to sit there and eat the whole pan of the stuff.

PS - if you want to cut back a bit on the fat and calories, I've also made this without adding the butter (plus I used light sour cream) and it still came out fantastic. As long as you're using fatty bacon, you have enough fat there to cook the cabbage and, if you need a little more moisture until the cabbage is cooked to desired consistency, just add in a little water.

Last edited:
Thank you Linda.. :)

That's a bit different than I usually make it and I will follow your recipe..

and... For some things I never cut back on calories and fat, thank you just the same.. ;) :ermm: :LOL:

Ross

Thank you Linda.. :)

That's a bit different than I usually make it and I will follow your recipe..

and... For some things I never cut back on calories and fat, thank you just the same.. ;) :ermm: :LOL:

Ross

I can understand that ;)

I'm fat-phobic, though, and try cutting it anywhere I can. That and I'm under doctor's orders to cut way back on my fat intake anyway. So I have to watch it whether I want to or not.

Lamb loin chops, fresh string beans salad & small pasta shells in a homemade Creamy Garlic Béchamel Sauce.

lamb_loin_chops_012519_IMG_5336.jpg

IMG_3901.jpg

Bacon Fried Rice with a side of Scrambled Eggs, AH-YUM!!!

I never thought to put Bacon into Fried Rice,
but I saw it on some other Social Media site;
had some leftover Bacon :ermm::ohmy::huh:, yes I said leftover,
and I stash all of our leftover steamed Rice in the deep freeze for later.

DANG IT!!!
Now I want Fried Rice!
:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom