Pineapple Dump Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyDee

Assistant Cook
This is an easy desert and one dish too!

I use a 8x8 or a 9x9 square glass pan for this.

1 large can of pineapple tidbits or chunks drain half liquid off
1 yellow or white cake mix I use a jiffy mix
1/2 stick butter or margirine
1/4 cup marchino cherrys
1 table spoon cinnamon

1/2 cup crushed nuts (I use pecans)

spray the pan with pam for easy cleanup. Dump the pinapple in the bottom of the pan and dot cherrys all around. Then dump the cake mix dry on top of fruit and spread out to sides. Cut butter in small chunks and dot around on top of dry cake mix. Top off with nuts, cinnamon and bake in a 375 oven for about 30 min till golden and you can see bubbling on top. When done let stand for about 15 min then spoon in to small bowls and add a dip of vanilla ice cream on side..or eat by it self.

This can be doubled as well, you can use other fruit also... I have used can cherry pie filling, canned peaches, canned apples, apple sauce. If you use plain fruit in a can be sure and only use half the liquid... but pie filling use everything.This can be done in a dutch oven with a lid in a camp fire..just sit in coals till it bubbles..I put some coals on top too. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!

Well bubba, dont just rightly know :oops:

I have used this recipe for more years than I can count. Its great for that quick desert..with a cup of coffee.. or easy camp fire desert.

I was a browine leader and needed something simple to teach the girls to fix when we did our overnight camping and when we did the family camping outing it was a easy treat too. Now that its just hubby and I it makes enough for desert after supper and good with coffee the next morning too.

The nice thing about it it can be increased 2-3 times with no worries. I have fixed it for a few and for a crowd.

Oh and bubba it can be put on a grill too in a dutch oven with a top...just cook till bubblie in the middle.. I know how you like your grilling ;)

Cherry Dump Cake is great too. I don't have the recipe here with me (I am at work), but it has cherry pie filling, yellow or white cake mix, butter, coconut, and walnuts. I think mine called for a whole stick of butter, and I'm pretty sure the butter is melted. It has been awhile! I've heard it is also good with apple pie filling and a spice cake mix.

:) Barbara

Back
Top Bottom