Plates for Bastille Day - July 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jade Emperor

Sous Chef
Eye Fillet with Mushrooms, Potato Mash and Dashi Sauce đź« 

1436367D-6A72-4EB3-986A-AA8D375838F5.jpeg

The high dew points are becoming tedious.

I’ve lost interest in making anything more complicated than a sandwich until things cool down a bit.

German bologna and American cheese with spicy mustard on low carb Italian bread, chips, and a pickle.

Aunt Bea, I agree abut the dew points.

My cousins and I worked in our "flea market" (one day, just sorting through things trying to decide what will be sold there and what will be sold online for right now), so we had leftover baby lima beans with ham & potatoes, cucumber sticks, and cantaloupe for dessert.

@Kathleen - I absolutely adore honeydew melons! Always looking for ways to incorporate them, but find that just freshly cubed is my favourite.
And this is coming from someone who normally doesn’t really like the melon family 🫠

@Jade Emperor I love melons. Fresh is always amazing when they are in season. Wrapped in prosciutto is also great when it comes to honeydew!
We normally use rockmelon with the prosciutto, but now you have given me the idea to try it with honeydew!
Thanks so much, this is really great info and shows me exactly why this forum is so great.

We had grilled cheese sandwiches: whole wheat bread, old cheddar, sliced onion (rings separated so it's not too oniony), salsa, and more cheddar. We put the electric skillet on the dining table and made them right there. It was joint effort. I assembled them and DH grilled them. I have started burning myself when I do the grilling part, so I am not so fond of that part. Those are really tasty. Not much to look at so, I didn't bother taking pix.

Back
Top Bottom