Playoff - Superbowl party food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I usually go to a friend's house for the Super Bowl. I have not decided what to bring this year. Last year I bought jkath's JD Kielbasa and it was such a hit that I may have to bring it again this year. I also bought a Spinach Dip. Typically, I bring a dip and some type of finger food. One of my favorites is Parmesan Chicken Bites. The best thing about them is they are great served hot or cold. I usually double the recipe. One batch is just not enough.

Parmesan Chicken Bites

6 chicken breasts
½ cup crushed packaged herb-seasoned stuffing mix
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1/3 cup butter, melted

Cut each chicken breast into 6-8 pieces about 1-inch square. Combine stuffing mix, cheese, and parsley. Dip chicken pieces into butter. Then roll in stuffing mixture. Place in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake in a 300º oven for about 10 minutes, or until tender. Serve hot or cold with toothpicks.

buckytom said:
sandwiched around an incredibly boring halftime show that even white people wouldn't dance to and no one watches until a jackson comes

ahem, bucky - I b'lieve the Stones are playing at halftime this year. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

GO STEELER'S!!! They are up 14 - 0 so far, yes, I know, 3 quarters still to go.
The only reason that I'm going against the Colt's, is because I grew up loving the Steeler's....plus, dh want's them to win, so, I have to go against them.
Otherwise, I would be here hollering for the Colt's too. They are a very good team.

This is One of My Fav's....
Gazpacho Dip

3 tablespoons vegtable oil
1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic (powder)
1 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
1 4oz can chopped black olives, drained
1 4oz can chopped green chiles
2 to 3 fresh tomatos, finely chopped
4 green onions stems and all, finely chopped

Blend Oil,Vinegar,salt, garlic, and Black pepper. Stir in rest of ingredients. Chill several hours before serving (this is better to make the day before and let marinade, I also double the recipe) serve with tortilla chips.

pdswife said:
When is the superbowl?

hahahahaha! I asked the same question! :ROFLMAO: I like listening for the end result of the game. I can't sit down that long! I am much better at fetching beers and keeping the food and snacks stocked up! :)

Oh my fav appy's to serve are bacon-wrapped chicken or shrimp. Smokies are always a good hit. I knew a firefighter who made the best bratwurst. He would simmer them in a slow cooker on dark ale all day, then grill them! AWESOME!

Last edited:
mudbug said:
ahem, bucky - I b'lieve the Stones are playing at halftime this year. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

like i said, no white people. the stones are more green than anything... :mrgreen:

One of these days Mick's gonna fall from his walker and break his hip.

and nobody could get me to watch halftime, unless it was something like Paula Deen showing how to put even more butter fat into good food.

jkath said:
and nobody could get me to watch halftime, unless it was something like Paula Deen showing how to put even more butter fat into good food.

That is the most fabulous idea I think I have ever heard! :ROFLMAO: I think you have just uncovered the sure-fire way to get women to watch football!

Well, I actually watch the game, just not the halftime shenanigans.

Although, another idea would be to do the Iron Chef Halftime event......

Here I am in metro Detroit, making plans to be OUT OF TOWN the weekend of the Superbowl. I need to get away from all the craziness! The commisioner's gala (or whatever it's called) is literally being held about 4 blocks from my house! Run away! Run away!

Since we'll be at a ski resort further upstate - who knows what we'll be having for the game. Maybe pick up some pizza and beers.

And they have halftime shows?!?!? You mean other than the commercials???? :ROFLMAO:

John

Normally, I can't wait to see the Budwieser commercials. They have such stupid ones out now about the guys trying to sit through their girlfriends talks and stuff, that's STUPID. Give me the Clydesdales, the toad's, etc.....

texasgirl said:
Normally, I can't wait to see the Budwieser commercials. They have such stupid ones out now about the guys trying to sit through their girlfriends talks and stuff, that's STUPID. Give me the Clydesdales, the toad's, etc.....

I agree! For a company that has set the standard for beer ads for a while now - the current Bud Light TV commercials stink! Fortunately, they usually debut new ones for the Superbowl, so there may still be hope.

One of the funiest ads for Bud that I ever saw was on their website. They pulled it from Last year's superbowl. It was a parody of what happened backstage to cause the Janet Jackson malfunction. Guess the didn't want to remind the FCC or NFL of what had happened.

John

I didn't see the website. Hmmm, wonder if they still have it on there. Probably not. I can't wait to see if they do better. I hope they stop the ones they've been making.

just wondering, who's playing at the half-time this Superbowl Sunday?:huh:

Superbowl it's my favorite time of the year to go shopping - no traffic, no lines at the checkout stand... I only care for the half-time entertainment.

love2eat said:
just wondering, who's playing at the half-time this Superbowl Sunday?:huh:

Superbowl it's my favorite time of the year to go shopping - no traffic, no lines at the checkout stand... I only care for the half-time entertainment.

The Rolling Stones :mrgreen:

I am making, shrimp cocktail to go with the left over shrimp from tonights dinner, parmessan bites, velveeta dip with meat, guacamole and my hot sauce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom