Poundcake in bundtcake pan help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello,
Make Blueberry poundcake all the time, but I seem to be having a problem lately, whereby the bottom of the cake sticks to the bottom of the bundtcake pan, you know, those fluted pans. Now the recipe says to leave it on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove it and cool completely on the wire rack, but the cake won;t come out any sooner than it wants to, and when I try to force it out, the bottom is left in the pan. Naturally that is the best part to scrape out and eat, but I'm not sure if I should leave it in longer, or what the problem is. yes, I grease & flour the pan prior to putting in the batter, which incidently is a cooking light recipe that is heaven!!
Any suggestions?
B.

Have you made this recipe in the bundt cake pan before? I've never used a fluted pan for my pound cake as it does seem to want to stay in all of those nooks and crannies. I usually use loaf pans or just a tube pan (like what you use for angel food cake).

Yes, be sure to take the cake out after 10 minutes. If you leave it in longer, it will continue to cook more than you'd want it to. Taking it out of the pan when the recipe calls for allows the steam to escape, allowing it to cool more quickly and be cooked to the proper done-ness.

Wilton and others make sprays that you can use in place of greasing and flouring your pan. They're supposed to help your baked goods release easily without sticking. I've never used them before but have heard they work well. You can check your local craft store (cake decorating section) or a restaurant supply store.

I always use sugar instead of flour to powder my pans.. It seems to work just as well and it disappears unlike the the flour that seems to leave white spots on the cake.

p.s.
What part of Seattle do you live in?
I'm in Issaquah.

Yes, Pds wife, I have made this cake in this pan before, I use it all the time, but for some reason, the cake will not release itself after 10 minutes of cooling, so I wait until it almost releases itself, and then help it along. Maybe I am greasing and flouring it too early?? Where it seems to pool up in the bottom of the pan, maybe that is the problem??
And, Issaquah, I used to live in Seattle. I miss it and the Trader Joes, and Farmer's markets, and PP Market. But here I sit in godforsaken florida. Just didn't want to change my screenname...
Thanks for the tips.
B.

Are you using that baking spray of flour and oil? I've tried using it for its 'ease', but quit because the stuff did pool in teh bottom of the pan. Now it's back to shortening and flour, and I'm fine.

Nother thought - are your blueberries sinking to the bottom and is that what's sticking?

Last thought - have you tried inverting the pan to let it cool?

Well Marmalady, the blueberries are not the problem, as I use 2 TBSP of flour to coat so they won't fall to the bottom. And, I have thought about inverting the pan, but wasn't sure if that would be a good idea, however, since I am not alone in that thought, this weekend when I make another batch, I will try it. Thanks for the tip.
B.

Back
Top Bottom