Prosciutto and fig jam sammie TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
My fav I adore figs and fig jam is wonderful with salty prosciutto. This makes a great appy if cut in fours. Serve with icy cold prosecco. spread a little butter on one side of super fresh white bread so as I said we butter each side of the slices of bread spread about 2 tab. fig jam over the butter on each slice. arrange 2 slices of prosciutto on half of the slices. place remaining slices of bread jam side down on the prosciutto. Take a large chef's knife trim off crusts. Cut sandwich in half forming 2 triangles then cut again into 4 pieces serve wirght away or wrap in saran and refrigerate til party is ready to begin. here are several ideas for more sammies for a party evoo packed tuna mixed with lemon mayo, thin sliced tomato and shredded lettuce, Sliced hard cooked eggs, mayo diced anchovies,, and lettuce, Buttered white bread arugula,prosciutto,Toasted walnuts with cream cheese on fresh rye or wheat gorgonzola mashed with mascarpone. These all make great appies or luncheon sammies whn crusts are removed and the sandwich is cut into 4 pieces. Got any ideas to add?
kades

CJ, do you make your own fig jam? If so, would you tell me how, please. Thanks.
Wish I did know how to make the jam. But I don't I've never canned anything and i'm just learning to make an anti pasti to give as gifts or to put out for my gang to munch on. It takes time so I'll be caught up fixing the goodies to go in it. If I see a recipe that looks good Ill let you know. Sorry I can't help. I buy mine at my grocers they have alll kinds of special goodies.
cj

Wish I did know how to make the jam. But I don't I've never canned anything and i'm just learning to make an anti pasti to give as gifts or to put out for my gang to munch on. It takes time so I'll be caught up fixing the goodies to go in it. If I see a recipe that looks good Ill let you know. Sorry I can't help. I buy mine at my grocers they have alll kinds of special goodies.
cj
licia,
I found a recipe for fig preserves if you're interested. I can PM it to you if you'd like it seems really easy,
cj

Sounds gorgeous. I have a fig tree in the garden but nothing is ripe yet, there are quite a few on it. Just have to be patient. A friend of mine gave me a pot of her home made chili jam, it's beautiful and has quite a kick which is good because I love spicy food.

licia,
I found a recipe for fig preserves if you're interested. I can PM it to you if you'd like it seems really easy,
cj
CJ, I would love to have the recipe. We've been at the farm for a week and I didn't see this until today. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom