Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie he is a bantam - that is his full size. Also as they mature often their combs will flop over, at least on some breeds.

Word of warning Jon, I had a rooster very like him in colouring, very Kellog's perfect rooster picture. He was the devil incarnate! Would stalk you across the yard. Fight with anything he thought was male and/or not of the chicken breeding.
One tiime we were working on the fencing around the pens and we finally had to scoop him up (fishing nets work beautifully) and pen him inside. We just couldn't work with him sneaking up behind us every 5 minutes! :LOL:
By the way, a very tasty stew - :yum:

Ask CWS about how vicious roosters can be. Her rooster was so vicious that she had to send him off to another farm rather than the stew pot.

When I lived in Texas, the neighbors had a Tom turkey that was free range. He used to chase my daughter all around. Even on our property. One day he took out a big hole in her backside. He went right into the oven in 24 hours.

Love the wildlife photos Bucky. We get the deer occasionally right here in town (it's a really, really small town :)), and we have had turkeys here just east of the house. That's pretty rare - the turkeys mostly stay in the trees and brush along the South Platte. It was a surprise to see a flock of them here 10 miles away from any significant cover. We followed a buck mule deer down the street to our house a couple of weeks ago coming home from the pub. We also see pronghorn antelope regularly.

Really nice wildlife pics, Bucky. The bear would kind of freak me out, though. :ermm::LOL: Glad you're loving your new home. Are you still in Joisy?

Addie he is a bantam - that is his full size. Also as they mature often their combs will flop over, at least on some breeds.

Word of warning Jon, I had a rooster very like him in colouring, very Kellog's perfect rooster picture. He was the devil incarnate! Would stalk you across the yard. Fight with anything he thought was male and/or not of the chicken breeding.
One tiime we were working on the fencing around the pens and we finally had to scoop him up (fishing nets work beautifully) and pen him inside. We just couldn't work with him sneaking up behind us every 5 minutes! [emoji38]
By the way, a very tasty stew - :yum:
I did a little research and I think he's an English game bantam. He is small. Smaller then my other bantam hens. He is fast but he don't bother anyone. The full size rode island red is kinda a pain. Wife is scared of him but my boys 3 and 7 have no problems. Especially Jasper the 3 year old. They scatter when they see him coming. He chases them all over the farm.

It's snowing today. This fence is part of a squirrel highway. If you look really carefully at the top of the fence, you can see the dents in the snow from running/jumping squirrels.

Attachments

• Winter snow 2016-12-05 with squirrel highway.jpg
    Winter snow 2016-12-05 with squirrel highway.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 93
Really nice wildlife pics, Bucky. The bear would kind of freak me out, though. :ermm::LOL: Glad you're loving your new home. Are you still in Joisy?

Yes, still in Joisey. All of our neighbors have dogs, so you usually get a pretty fair warning if there's a bear around. Their normal barks suddenly get mean. And if you know the dogs, you can actually tell which direction the bear is going by how the dogs sound off.

It's snowing today. This fence is part of a squirrel highway. If you look really carefully at the top of the fence, you can see the dents in the snow from running/jumping squirrels.

We only got a light dusting, then it turned to rain and all the snow is gone.

My daughter's next door neighbors have a huge oak tree in their yard. It towers over part of my daughter's three story home. There as well as right here on this property, there is not a 'single' squirrel. :wacko: They are all married with very large families. They could start their own nation.

We only got a light dusting, then it turned to rain and all the snow is gone.

My daughter's next door neighbors have a huge oak tree in their yard. It towers over part of my daughter's three story home. There as well as right here on this property, there is not a 'single' squirrel. :wacko: They are all married with very large families. They could start their own nation.
That isn't a highway for a single squirrel. They just tend to jump to the same spots on the fence.

You've got mail.

Probably doesn't want to be brought in and ripped open after a brief but well travelled life that sees so much beauty.. :cool:

Last edited:

Oh, what a lot of snow many of you are getting - so pretty.

This is my fishin' hole and soon to be hockey pond about 3/4 of a mile from my house. I live on the mountain up on the left.

Attachments

• 0725162033a_HDR.jpg
    0725162033a_HDR.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 0725162033b_HDR.jpg
    0725162033b_HDR.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 79

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom