Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also thought this was interesting about the "couple". Apparently, both of the swans that have been nesting together are females. It appears that if "Romeo" and Juliet have plans on starting a family, they will just have to adopt. :LOL:

That wouldn't fly (pardon the pun) down here in the Bible Belt. :LOL:

CD

Cute, CD. ;)

The event I referred to occurred more than two years ago. The man from Maine has stopped providing the swans after that event. I can't say that I blame him.
Oops, sorry, I linked the wrong article Addie. Guess I'm not quite as sharp as I used to be at 4:30 AM. :LOL:

THIS article is from 2013. It's the same one that said both birds are girls. It says that the birds have been brought over to the Pond from Franklin Park Zoo for "the past 10 years", so it seems this couple has been together spending summers in the Pond and winters at the zoo since 2003. About a swan being shot with an arrow? That I don't recall. I do remember something about a waterfowl in Shrewsbury being found with an arrow in him (her?) a few years ago, and that is all I could find online. I looked high and low for something about a Boston Commons swan being shot by an arrow and found nothing. Maybe it happened before we moved here...

I liked this lil guy

37570928802_db29028f89_b.jpg

Beautiful, Stardust!

This evening's sunset from my front yard...

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
The sunsets reminded me of a shot in my collection of "clouds/skies." I keep this collection to replace boring skies in architectural shots, and sometimes car shots.

This one is just plain funky looking. It has a weird, sci-fi-fi look to it.

CD

Attachments

• FunkyClouds001.jpg
    FunkyClouds001.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 110
The sunsets reminded me of a shot in my collection of "clouds/skies." I keep this collection to replace boring skies in architectural shots, and sometimes car shots.

This one is just plain funky looking. It has a weird, sci-fi-fi look to it.

CD

Beautiful pic, Casey!

Our view in about a week and 36 hours. If I'm not coming around much, it's because I'm either packing or driving/riding. First, though, Savannah on M/T/W.

Attachments

• 2014-11-19 17.36.26.jpg
    2014-11-19 17.36.26.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 93
Back
Top Bottom