Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love boxers. My second mother was one.

Cappy and I circa 1960

View attachment 17594

Cappy was a spayed female and adopted me as her own when I was born.

Mom told me that one time Cappy and I were in the kitchen as she prepared dinner. I reached up for the hot pan on the stove.

Reflexively and out of terror Mom grabbed my hand, turned me away from the stove and gave me a swat on the behind.

Out of fear and maternal instinct and before Mom could say NO! HOT! Cappy proceeded to nip moms ankle.

Dear Cappy.... she was a sweet girl.

Thanks for invoking wonderful memories of my dear companion and protector.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love boxers. My second mother was one.

Cappy and I circa 1960

Cappy was a spayed female and adopted me as her own when I was born.

Mom told me that one time Cappy and I were in the kitchen as she prepared dinner. I reached up for the hot pan on the stove.

Reflexively and out of terror Mom grabbed my hand, turned me away from the stove and gave me a swat on the behind.

Out of fear and maternal instinct and before Mom could say NO! HOT! Cappy proceeded to nip moms ankle.

Dear Cappy.... she was a sweet girl.

Thanks for invoking wonderful memories of my dear companion and protector.

Oh so sweet! Thanks for sharing this, Jharris!

Cool story, J.
And gerat photo! That epitomizes the love between man and dog. Well, little man and dog :)

vitauta: you understand! (so appreciative that you do....).

Ditto here. My first thought was "how fortunate to have wildlife right in your front yard." When I saw the remarks about having dinner, I was disappointed. How could anyone miss the beauty of such an animal.

I understand the need to go hunting, but sometimes a gun is not always the answer. Just to stand there and appreciate is something everyone should be able to do even just once in their life. :angel:

Winter aconites. The first flower of spring here.

View attachment 17602

We have deer, coons, coyotes, possums, foxes, bunnies, groundsquirrels, squirrels, voles, moles, the neighbor's cats, and a huge and diverse assortment of birds. We love life in the country!

Last edited:
Just to get folks warmed up for summer here in the Northern hemisphere. . . ready for a beach chair, about half a dozen fuzzy drinks and a view like back on Maui

2826570978_3eec833d5a_b.jpg

Just to get folks warmed up for summer here in the Northern hemisphere. . . ready for a beach chair, about half a dozen fuzzy drinks and a view like back on Maui

Mmmm. Reminds me of Polihale Beach, Kauai. We took our sandals off, and immediately put them back on. Polihale means "barking dogs", the noise folks make when walking across the scorching hot sands of the beach.

ha! Another english word I learned today :chef:

I have them in the garden, too, along with the crocus and the squills... I should think of my camera when going to the garden....

Yes, do bring your camera! What do you call aconites in Germany, Cara?

Spotted the daffodil buds today. So I took some pix of them and the laminaria that grow around them:

20130418_163639.jpg

And while I was at it, I took some pix of the chives and parsley, both coming back without help from me.

20130418_163815.jpg

I love those first flowers after winter. We have crocus everywhere, the daffy's are just opening, tulips are up but not open and those other cuties we planted but can't remember what they are .. they just make a person feel good !

Chives are so hearty .. mine are up again already too ... and like yours .. with no help from me at all.

Back
Top Bottom