Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, it's crazy how much people want to charge for 10 minutes worth of work. It's one thing if you're getting something complicated done like layers or asymetrical shaping or a design shaved into your head, but a basic two inches off the bottom or a buzz cut shouldn't cost $20. It's just silly.

Those kinds of prices are what has made me wear my hair in non-styles all these years p.a.g. I used to have Janis Joplin type wavy-curly hair when I was younger. After years of blow-drying, wearing it to my waist (it looks great under my wedding veil :) ), and giving birth to twins it appears my hair structure has changed. I got it cut short-ish when our kids were around two and had practically straight hair! My MIL (a hairdresser) said it was likely wearing it long for so long and the hormonal changes during pregnancy "pulled" the curl out of my hair. I don't know what caused it but I'm not arguing. Even now, into my 60s, still wear it below the shoulders, but I do pull it up a lot.

Yes, it is ridiculous how much the hairdressers charge to just trim off a bit of hair...mine does too!

I have longish hair, just past my shoulders and I too have it straight and sleek :)

When I go for a trim, it is just off the ends and I have it layered around my face, that is it and yet they charge $40.00 :ohmy:

It is the same with all the hairdressers around and if you go into the city, it just gets even more expensive! :rolleyes:

A good sized snake for around here. It was probably 3' long and about 1" thick.
And a coyote grabbing the snack I left for it. I was expecting the fox again.

Last edited by a moderator:
My poor Pierce (my one dog's name, I just don't call him Rhodesian Ridgeback ;)) is fixated on my shed every time he steps outside. He stands on my porch and stares like your Beagle, Beagle, does. There are squirrels and bunnies hanging out there all day long. And there used to be ground hogs. One of these days there's going to be one I don't see and he'll be off coursing it.

Do you have a detailed pic of that where you can see the bunnies better? That's one of those pictures there could be a caption with.

:LOL: Pac! Beagle is going apesnot tracking her bunnies. She's been standing on my head, rushing to the front, back, and side of the house, and repeating, all inside the house. She's shivering just watching all the baby bunnies. Squirrels, groundsquirrels, and birds, meh. No interest.

I have a pic of some baby bunnies from a few years back, will try to find it.

Last edited:
My female golden retriever, Maddy likes to watch "the outdoor channel" out the back door. She watches bunnies all of the time. I know what you mean about the dog shaking while watching. We say that she is vibrating, because that is the only way to describe it. When we see the baby bunnies out we try to keep her inside, but sometimes she will seek them out and find them. It's kinda sad, but she is, after all, a dog.

A few years ago my neighbour hung a bird feeder where my cats (when I still had two) could see it from the patio door. She called it "Nature TV".

A good sized snake for around here. It was probably 3' long and about 1" thick.
And a coyote grabbing the snack I left for it. I was expecting the fox again.

Now that I'm looking at this on my PC instead of my phone, that snake looks like a garter snake. They don't get much bigger than that and they eat rodents (and frogs).

:unsure::cry::censored:I saw a really big rattle snake by the road yesterday. I thought at first that it was a bull snake, but then saw the rattles! I didn't get close enough to stop and take a picture!

:unsure::cry::censored:I saw a really big rattle snake by the road yesterday. I thought at first that it was a bull snake, but then saw the rattles! I didn't get close enough to stop and take a picture!

Chops, how scary...I am pleased you did not get too close...I would have run a mile :ROFLMAO:

When I lived in Texas, the city I lived in had an ordinance that you HAD to keep your grass cut short. If not, the city would come in and cut it for you and then add the cost on to your water bill.

I used to have to walk down the long driveway to get our mail. One night I was walking down the middle of it and I heard that rattle. I turned real quick and decided he could have my mail. It was probably a bill anyway.

When I would mow the grass, every so often I would hear, chunk, clunk, bang. Pieces of rattlers would come flying out. I had run over a nest. Then one day I heard gun shots out back. The trash men were shooting a bunch of rattlers in my trash can. And The Pirate was about ten y.o. at that time. He and his friends would go rattle hunting and turn them in for the $5 bounty. Money for the movies. Such a joyous place to live. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom