Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they're nocturnal. He's probably resting, may go flying at nightfall.

I think they're nocturnal. He's probably resting, may go flying at nightfall.

He moves a little when I open and close the gate he's on. I suppose I'll find out tomorrow morning if he flies the coop tonight.

I've seen a few, they're so pretty in flight too. Apparently becoming rare. We had one on our window years ago. It was huge. Hmm. I'll have to check for a pic.

Last edited:
:wacko: I once had a horrible nightmare of a Lunar Moth chasing me all the whole length of Saratoga Street. That is the longest street in Eastie. I had forgotton it until this came up. Thanks for the memory, I think. :angel:

Gorgeous fox pacanis! What does 1234 mean? Are there 4 things to see?

PS. Love the sig line. I feel like adding "and forgive us our eggsesses" ;)

Last edited:
The bottom of the moth's wings are opening. It no longer resembles a stingray. It's still pretty much in the same spot though.
I read that after they emerge they need to dry their wings, get blood pumping through them or something, so maybe that's what it's been doing. Or maybe it's dying. Time will tell.

Alix, 1234 because we need four characters to post, so it was either that or ....

So, when my hair is wet and combed out it goes down to about two and a half inches below my waist, just at the top of my bum. As it dries the curl steels two to four inches depending on its mood. And then there are the days when the humidity wins.

View attachment 18116

Not even quite to the middle of my back. Curse you humidity. On the plus side, it's partialy pulled back so it didn't grow into the massive monster that I know it can.

Believe it or not there is a four inch long hair stick holding the twist in place. My brothers used to pick on me that if they threw a pencil in my hair it would be swallowed up and lost. Now I use that phenomenon as a styling tool. Not quite sure how I feel about that. Except that I definitely still want to punch them in the shoulder.

Last edited by a moderator:
What beautiful hair, PAG!

Miy hair is long too, but straight. At one point it hit mid-thigh.

Last edited:
Thank you. My hair's never been mid-thigh length. It's about as long as it will grow. I don't think I could hanldle it being that long. As it is I occasionally wake up with my arms tanlged in it.

Usually I love my hair. It's surprisingly easy to take care of and I can do some rather nifty updos with it. But every so often heat and humidity conspire against me and for just a moment I think about shaving my head. I never will, I just think about it.

Long hair is so easy, wash and wear. I have a bunch of clippy things that will put it up, wet or dry. My DH only charges $10 to trim it. :LOL:

Seriously, I dropped off some paperwork at a hairdresser's, and figured I'd get a trim, 2 inches and $20. I think I'll go with DH from now on. He's cheap.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom