Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Read up a couple threads, Addie! DH is taking these from his window at work.

As I recall, doves only have one baby per nest, though DH thinks there might be another egg in there.

May I ask "what is it?" It looks like a bunny. :angel:

The picture is sideways Addie .. tilt your head to the left.

Pretty cool that there is a baby ... keep us posted and let us know if there really is another.

Pretty cool that there is a baby ... keep us posted and let us know if there really is another.

OK, I see it now.
I thought it was a rabbit or something :LOL:

Yes, I don't know why the thumbnail is OK, but when you click on the pic, it's sideways. iPad doesn't help, if you tilt it, it doesn't upright. Sorry!

Oh dear, sideways it does look like a rabbit! :LOL:

No, it's a dove mama and baby! I tried to explain to DH that there are apps to crop, backlight, and edit iPhone pics, he gave me a blank look. Oh well, I don't use them either.

Last edited:
Thanks I got it. Pretty cool.

I was just listening to local news. A class of second graders found a nest of abandoned ducklings. The teacher brought them inside and now they are raising them and getting a science lesson as well. The news station is going to follow them. The teacher is going to try and find the mother. This ought to be interesting. :angel:

so, what do the duckies do for food over the memorial day weekend? shall i fix up a plate for them, and bring it over? and where IS their mamma, anyhow? i'd like to know--i haven't had roast duck in quite some time....:)

so, what do the duckies do for food over the memorial day weekend? shall i fix up a plate for them, and bring it over? and where IS their mamma, anyhow? i'd like to know--i haven't had roast duck in quite some time....:)

:shock: Vit!

Around here, kindergarten classes routinely hatch eggs with chicks and ducklings in an incubator. The kids love them! (sometimes too much). Then the adolescent birds are sent back to the farm.

I had some questions also. But it was just on the news and like always they don't give the whole story. :angel:

I just hope they know ducks need water to eat and aren't trying to raise them like chickens.
And if they are going to look for the mama, then maybe they weren't abandoned. They probably should have just left them.
But I guess it made a good story.

I just hope they know ducks need water to eat and aren't trying to raise them like chickens.
And if they are going to look for the mama, then maybe they weren't abandoned. They probably should have just left them.
But I guess it made a good story.

It is a worrisome story. I am sure the teacher meant well in rescuing the babies. Ducklings are able to swim immediately upon hatching. Sometimes I think it is better to let Nature take its course. No matter how hard it is to stand by and watch. :angel:

A bunch of pics from bluing my pistol today.
This is a gun I built from scratch, picking out and hand fitting all the parts together, polishing out the machining marks, and then taking it to a friends house to be blued.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Andy. I like the contrast, too. I like the color of rosewood grips on any finish.

Laurie, bluing is like controlled rust. The heat (290F) and the chemical reaction turn the metal bluish. It's not the most durable finish, but it's the prettiest IMO.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom