Saturday's Kitchen - 7/24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Saturday's Effort ;
Rolled Chicken Breast and Stuffing (THX, Stove-Top!) under Gravy with "Asparatash"
(Sweet Corn and Asparagus Bullets).........

Chicken Breast, Stuffing, Asparatash.jpg

This is the second day in a row that we tried to head into town to have my birthday dinner. But each time it's started to rain real hard. We've been having some mean flash flooding with road closures. Best to just stay home.

Plan B, yet again:

Roasted B/S Chicken Thighs, seasoned with my housemade Greek-Inspired Spice Blend; roasted Broccolini and Yukon Gold Potatoes.
Ice Cream for dessert later.

This weather better let up soon, `cuz I've only got a half a bottle of wine left! I'm going to have to stretch it out this evening with Club Soda. :ermm:

Pan fried skirt steak and steamed asparagus (topped with butter, parmigiano reggiano & pecorino romano cheeses).

skirt_steak_asparagus_072421_IMG_8315.jpg

skirt_steak_072421_IMG_8318.jpg

Decent weather for grilling tonight and threat of thunderstorms tomorrow, so it was grilled burgers for us for supper. The lettuce looks a bit weird in the photos because it is curly red lettuce. The red part doesn't show properly in the photos. It just comes out dark.

My plate, with the toppings and a garlic dill pickle.

Linda's burger & garlic dill pickle.jpg

And Stirling's two burgers, also with a garlic dill pickle.

Stirling's burgers & garlic dill pickle.jpg

We're slogging our way through leftovers. Himself said he's tired of calling them "leftovers" so he's going to call them rightovers tonight. :rolleyes: Well, they'll be right as long as they aren't too old...

...This weather better let up soon, `cuz I've only got a half a bottle of wine left! I'm going to have to stretch it out this evening with Club Soda. :ermm:
Two words, K-Girl: box wine. When you have five liters at a crack, it's hard to run out before buying back-up supplies. ;)

Two words, K-Girl: box wine. When you have five liters at a crack, it's hard to run out before buying back-up supplies. ;)

CG, I usually keep a case of "Three Buck Chuck" in the house at all times, but we just got back from California, again, and I haven't had enough time yet to go up there.
I find that the box wines here in Cowboyville are expensive actually, pushin' $20 in some places :ohmy:
I'll make my way to TJ's manana.

Mostly leftovers today, plus all those tomatoes and refrigerator pickles I have been making. But since the weather was nice for one more day, I decided to grill some chicken. I got this idea when adding some veggies to the freezer - I had to take some things out! This is one of my favorites - simply chicken marinated in a simple cilantro pesto, before grilling, and a simple sauce, which is just a sugar syrup made by boiling sugar, water, and vinegar with crushed Thai peppers and minced garlic. Super simple, and delicious on seasoned grilled meats.
Thai grilled chicken thigh, with some nam jeem gratiem on it. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Tonight's dinner was part of a visit with our granddaughter and her hubby. We had pulled pork, baby back ribs, red beans and rice, coleslaw, cornbread and Persian lime pie. Sorry, no photos. Picture a fantastic, sumptuous overflowing barbecue spread the likes of which you have never seen. Our dinner was a to less than that but it was pretty darn good.

My hubby found some really nice “porterhouse” pork chops. (That’s what I call them because they look just like a porterhouse steaks and the butcher always knows what I am looking for) We had the chops done in my cast iron along with my roasted sweet potato fries and homemade bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers. It was yummy!

Back
Top Bottom