Scariest movie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If they ever make a Teletubbies movie, I will run screaming out of the theater! :sick: :mrgreen: :-p My kids at school aren't even allowed to say their name! Just the thought of seeing them on the big screen makes me shudder! :w00t2:

:) Barbara

I am not a fan of scary movies so I don't watch them much. Back in the day, though, I remember seeing "When a Stranger Calls" - I thought that was horribly scary. I also remember "Rosemary's Baby" - that scared me so much - even though I did not see alot of it (kicked out of the room as a child)-obviously I saw enough to scare me! Another scary movie was "Sybil". I know these are old, shows the last time I watched a scary movie.

i saw "friday the 13th" in a theater the year it premiered, on friday the 13th.
the movie was only kinda scary, but when jason jumps out of the lake at the end when you think it's over, i was three rows back behind my original seat.
when my friend's mom dropped me off at home that night, i ran from the car to the door and kept the light on all night.
btw, that was shot at my old boy scout summer camp, camp no-be-bo-sco.

"jaws" ruined a good summer or two at the jersey shore for me. i still keep an eye out for sharks when i swim in the ocean. one time i was shell hunting in chest deep water with a mask off of captiva island (florida), and i looked down to see a big school of fish rush by my legs. the captain of our boat charter a few yards away told me to stand still, don't splash about. then a big grey mass passed by, and then another. they were sharks!!! :shock:

i didn't get any more shells that day.

Poltergeist. That movie scared the crap out of me. Of course I was about 10 when I first saw it. But I kept watching it over and over again so it wasn't scary eventually. But the guy that played Caine in Poltergeist 2 also scared me. As I got older scary movies were never really scary anymore. It's more so the movies that allude to real life and are satires of people and human nature that scare me.

I do not like scary movies at all, but got talked into going out to see the first Friday the Thirteenth with a bunch of friends. I walked out after the second throat slashing and was also the only one out of the group to sleep securely for the first week after seeing that movie. Will not go see another scary movie again. Now the scarier the movie the better my sister loves them. Brrr!

Michelemarie said:
I am not a fan of scary movies so I don't watch them much. Back in the day, though, I remember seeing "When a Stranger Calls" - I thought that was horribly scary. I also remember "Rosemary's Baby" - that scared me so much - even though I did not see alot of it (kicked out of the room as a child)-obviously I saw enough to scare me! Another scary movie was "Sybil". I know these are old, shows the last time I watched a scary movie.
I love all those old ones.

Toss up between "The Sweetest Thing" and "40days & 40 nights"...plain scary just at the thought of how far human stupidity can go and make any kind of money out of it...
(well... these are just two that popped into my mind right now but I am sure there are many that are just as scary...)

amber said:
Texas chainsaw massecre, exorcist, and anything Jason. Hubby says the fog the original version, and the grudge.

I forgot about ole leather face,that is one of favorittes...

urmaniac13 said:
...just at the thought of how far human stupidity can go and make any kind of money out of it...

Good point, urmaniac! Shows the majority of the general audience/movie-going public is not stupid, even when the flick is. A guess... some studios may want to recoup their losses by putting out a low-budget movie in the hope of pulling in quick boxoffice $ - certainly not worthy of Academy consideration IMO. Sadly, the sequels to trash is even more tedious. Don't think we'll ever see them at a Cannes Film Festival or contenders on the Red Carpet:LOL:

Edited to add: Hitchcock only won an Academy Award for best picture Rebecca - never (if I recall) a directing award. That's shocking!

Last edited:
mish said:
Good point, urmaniac! Shows the majority of the general audience/movie-going public is not stupid, even when the flick is. A guess... some studios may want to recoup their losses by putting out a low-budget movie in the hope of pulling in quick boxoffice $ - certainly not worthy of Academy consideration IMO. Sadly, the sequels to trash is even more tedious. Don't think we'll ever see them at a Cannes Film Festival or contenders on the Red Carpet:LOL:

Aww, come on, you don't like Friday the 13th part 100??:LOL: Or Freddy vs. Jason:sick: Jeez, they just don't know when to stop sometimes!!!

And I heard somewhere about the rumour of Rocky VI... with Stallone STILL in it... now that is scary...:LOL:

texasgirl said:
Aww, come on, you don't like Friday the 13th part 100??:LOL: Or Freddy vs. Jason:sick: Jeez, they just don't know when to stop sometimes!!!

HA HA, tg. Good one. Never saw them. Might draw a crowd if it was shown with Rocky #17. There's a scary thought! :LOL:

urmaniac13 said:
And I heard somewhere about the rumour of Rocky VI... with Stallone STILL in it... now that is scary...:LOL:

Must be esp, U, after I typed my response, I read yours :ROFLMAO: I would think Sly's gettin' a little old for those Rockies... maybe couple of those raw egg milkshakes might do it. They could call it "Rocky Road." LOL

Last edited:
cara said:
If we are at the B-Movies.... I just say MARABUNTA! :ROFLMAO:

I'm "afraid" to ask. :LOL: Okay, had to look it up:

Marabunta

Year of production: 1998
Running time: 94 Minutes
Rights: All TV and Video
Territories: Selected European, Africa

They were only ants until they became an army. An army of killer ants. Gigantic ants, attracted by the volcanic warmth, emerge from earth every 10 years and then go on deadly killing raids. Two men from an Alaskan town go on a mission to destroy the queen ant.

Starring Eric Lutes, Julia Campbell, Mitch Pileggi, Jeremy Foley. Produced by WIN and Producers Entertainment Group for Fox.

Last edited:
Tex. most likely.. they eat anything in their way... :LOL:

mish, I think I know the bees - have seen it years ago.. but can't remember the german name....

There was one about ants... much newer than that .. it was set in a big hotel and the ants were killing every one... kind of scary for a kid.

Back
Top Bottom