Scenes from the Past...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mseaglecook

Senior Cook
I thought it would be fun to post pictures from the past...
tumblr_68c4da9c2cd1ec0936351d829b8227f1_2798f2f2_1280.jpg

Were you even born when that picture was taken? Judging by the cars, I'm going to guess no later than 1951 or 52.

It is hard to say, since the cars are pretty hard to make out, but I can't see anything newer than early fifties cars in that photo. The small tailights on that white car are a good clue.

CD

#1 post is obviously an ad! No way that many serviced a car at any one time.
Which reminds me, have to check the oil. Service light came on the other day.

another lost post from 2 am, found at 10 am!

Xmas 1955.jpg

Putting stencils on the window for Christmas 1955. Me, Mahtomedi, Minnesota.

Does anyone remember getting your photo's back in those little books with the plastic ring binders? LOL
Pictures then were never a worry about the date as they came printed on the photo when developed at the Drug Store.

#1 post is obviously an ad! No way that many serviced a car at any one time.
Which reminds me, have to check the oil. Service light came on the other day.

another lost post from 2 am, found at 10 am!
I thought it was a thread to post old pictures - not necessarily of us...idk.

@Aunt Bea If that picture is you, you are cuter than biscuits! (You may still be cuter than biscuits even if it is not, but the picture is adorable.)

@dragnlaw I think I inhaled more of the snow while stenciling than what hit the window.

Post Clarification...
There are no RULES...
I just wanted to post pictures from times past. I love the personal pictures ya'll were some sweet cutie pies. Keep the pictures coming.

I guess I mostly created this post because my own kids say they feel sad they were not born in the 30's , 40's and 50's. I agree with them. I feel out of touch with my time frame. I was born in the 60's and I wish I had been alive in the 20's and 30's.

Being alive in 2024 is cute and all. The internet is interesting. But I would give it all up to go live in the earlier days.

Post Clarification...
There are no RULES...
I just wanted to post pictures from times past. I love the personal pictures ya'll were some sweet cutie pies. Keep the pictures coming.

I guess I mostly created this post because my own kids say they feel sad they were not born in the 30's , 40's and 50's. I agree with them. I feel out of touch with my time frame. I was born in the 60's and I wish I had been alive in the 20's and 30's.

Being alive in 2024 is cute and all. The internet is interesting. But I would give it all up to go live in the earlier days.
I'm a 60s child too, I've often thought exactly the same as you, the 20s seemed fabulous years, with all that great music.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom