So I'm looking for a le Creuset skillet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloeshuman

Cook
Looking for something larger then what I have...so with a tape measure it reads from spout to spout around 8 inches.....the other I have measured just over 9 inches spout to spout...I want something larger! Do I need to look at 12 inches?

8", 9", 10", 12" you can get a skillet in almost any size. I have 8, 10 and 12" cast iron. Also have 12" non-stick, a couple of stainless steel 8" (or maybe they are 10")

LOL - you can never have enough frying pans!

Also have a myriad of smaller ones too!

As I have my cast iron ones I have not looked at le Crueset. I do like (and have) a sauce pot by Creuset with the enamel - very handy.
But for the price I would probably get more. Only there are better prices out there. My Dutch Ovens I love, not le Creuset, but you would be hard put to say they are not as good. The cost was a fraction.

I bought a "Calphalon Classic Hard-Anodized Nonstick Cookware, 12-Inch Frying Pan" on Amazon to replace a cheap non-stick skillet. I love it and it's supposedly guaranteed for life.

Hopefully you don't have highly alkaline water there, for that Calphalon, @Quickdraw. And don't wash it in the DW. My Mom ruined a piece in the DW, and a friend, who used the Calphalon for several years here, moved down to SC, and the coating was destroyed by the local water in less than a year. The company was good about it, and replaced them with their SS, telling him it was only areas with very alkaline water, where this happened. I have some from the early 80s, and it's still good!

So the two I have now are what I would consider to be 6 1/2" and almost 9 inches...my smallest pan is my go to for eggs...it's only me so two basted eggs is all I need. I can tip the pan and my eggs slide out

I love all my cast iron....and enameled cast iron so much! ...my go to cornbread pan is a 8 inch lodge

Hopefully you don't have highly alkaline water there, for that Calphalon, @Quickdraw. And don't wash it in the DW. My Mom ruined a piece in the DW, and a friend, who used the Calphalon for several years here, moved down to SC, and the coating was destroyed by the local water in less than a year. The company was good about it, and replaced them with their SS, telling him it was only areas with very alkaline water, where this happened. I have some from the early 80s, and it's still good!
Thanks, that's good to know. Especially the customer service part :)

So my skillet came today! It is marked as a 23, same as one of my other pans. But when you put them next to each other they are different. I still love the new one, it just dawned on me! The one I just got is brand new, my others are older used pans....10 or 15 years ago did they look look different? I'm so new to this brand and I'm learning

Ok, so the new pan actually measured 24cm , my other pan measured 22.5cm....Im thinking maybe I was told it was LC when the whole time it wasn't, just a few areas of my concern...see the rough casting at the cutout on the handle....and the stamp on the bottom doesn't say LC...am i wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_20231103_125339_962~2.jpg
    IMG_20231103_125339_962~2.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20231103_125214_225.jpg
    IMG_20231103_125214_225.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 5
I think I figured it out..so LC bought out cousances ..but still made pans under that stamp until the early 80'S...so it could be anywhere from 1957-1980

Thanks for everyone's help, I've learned so much about the other pans you all like! And only a few pertaining to this post...so to those few..... Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom