Summer on a Plate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tell him to stop spitting on his plates. it is bad manners.

Seriously though I remember looking at that consomme specifically and being able to picture exactly what that must taste like. It was on of the most delicious things I have ever not tasted.

Tell him to stop spitting on his plates. it is bad manners.

Seriously though I remember looking at that consomme specifically and being able to picture exactly what that must taste like. It was on of the most delicious things I have ever not tasted.

Yeah it was basically a liquid form of fresh tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil and salt. Simple, but just those flavors just work.

My summer plate is vegetables from the garden; Purple Hull Peas, Okra boiled or fried, Kentucky Wonder Beans, Yellow squash, Cream Style Corn, Butterbeans, etc With Slices of Tomatoes, Onion, Pods of Cayenne Pepper, and a big slice of hot cornbread. If there is a pork chop near by…that’s Ok If not….it’s still Ok!:rolleyes:

a plate of veggies full of grill marks.....
or tomato, fesh mozz cheese and fresh basil leaves alternated around a plate and drizzled with a roasted garlicy dressing.....
yummy. I cant wait til I get some tomatoes red.....
in october.....

Garden fresh tomato slices, avocado with a touch of Lawry's seasoning salt, on no knead bread, with watermelon on the side.

Lunch - roasted red pepper on the bottom, mozzarella/proscuitto "log", tomatoes...I normally don't put anything on the outside but I have some oil left over from some sun dried tomateos...drizzled a bit of that on there.

img_664554_0_9026bbc857feefd66df3438ce4f979f8.jpg

Bruschetta with fresh basil pesto and diced tomatoes; caprese salad with fresh mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, basil chiffonade, red wine vinegar, EVOO, S&P; grilled pork chop with Dijon mustard/thyme sauce; grilled peaches or pineapple drizzled with balsamic reduction for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom