Sunday Nov. 5, '23 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
Sushi rolls w/2 sauces. Tempeh/carrot/bell peppers, garlic ginger soy sauce, and thousand island (pumpkin seed base).
sushi-004.jpg

Salmon en papillote. Found a lovely large fillet of coho salmon; cut it in half. Started with sliced celery and crushed garlic, laid the salmon fillet on top, seasoned it well with kosher salt and powdered jalapeno, and topped it with some bits of salted butter. Sealed it up, repeated with the second fillet, and baked both at 400 F for 22 minutes. Served with long grain white rice flavored with Dash garlic & herb seasoning.

Absolutely amazing. I love fish en papillote, and salmon is my favorite fish. With the tiny bit of heat from the jalapeno and the celery slices, it was SO good! Best thing I've made in weeks.

Danish comfort food for us tonight. I made something called "millionbøf". It's a really simple meal of ground beef browned with a whole bunch of chopped onion and then simmered in stock with a couple of bay leaves. The gravy is thickened with a slurry of flour and water. Of course, I add a few "glugs" of Worcestershire Sauce. I served it with the traditional mashed potatoes, pickled beets, and a pickle. There was also a salad. DH was having a delicate stomach and didn't want the acidity of the pickled veg. That was a very satisfying meal. I'm glad I made enough for leftovers.

Danish comfort food - millionbøf, kartoffelmos, og rødbeder.jpg
Danish comfort food - millionbøf, kartoffelmos, og salat.jpg

Back
Top Bottom