Surprising cooking recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes. Guianciale is quite difficult to find, and in my opinion, not really worth the high cost. End of the day? It’s just bacon.

Yes. Guianciale is quite difficult to find, and in my opinion, not really worth the high cost. End of the day? It’s just bacon.
I wouldn't say that in the presence of a Roman😜! Guanciale is made with the cheek of the pig - "guancia" means "cheek" in italian) but bacon comes from the belly, if I'm not mistaken, like pancetta?
Completely different taste, too.

Carbonara is one of my faves. While I'm aware of what is considered authentic, I diverge from that as a financial and logistical convenience. I make my carbonara with hickory smoked bacon and a 50/50 blend of Parm Reg and pecorino Romano. I've tried it with pancetta but was not impressed.

Carbonara is one of my faves. While I'm aware of what is considered authentic, I diverge from that as a financial and logistical convenience. I make my carbonara with hickory smoked bacon and a 50/50 blend of Parm Reg and pecorino Romano. I've tried it with pancetta but was not impressed.
That's what cooking is all about, making it your own and something you love to make and a joy to eat.

This is from a few years ago and I make it much creamier now but this was also a blend of parmigiano and pecorino and my house made smoked bacon, also hickory smoked. It's definitely a delicious combination :)
20220221_203447.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom