Tailgating Sundays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
St. Louis style BBQ Pork Steaks, let me know if you all would like me to post the recipe and explain the cut of pork you need to tell your butcher, as far as I know, St. Louis is the only city to sell the exact cut, you would need to special order them. Well worth it!!!!

So its another Sunday but this week the Browns are on a bye and the Bears don't play until tomorrow night. Never fear, we still have food! I will be grilling some whole sardines Kathleen brought home. She is going to make a cuke and tomato salad with some really nice feta she found. If we need it I have a box of couscous too.

So what are you tailgating with today?

That sounds good.. do you have your recipe posted somewhere?

The quail from last week and sardines from today:

Attachments

• Quail03.jpg
    Quail03.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 175
  • Sardines03.jpg
    Sardines03.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 174
  • Sardines04.jpg
    Sardines04.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 157
St. Louis style BBQ Pork Steaks, let me know if you all would like me to post the recipe and explain the cut of pork you need to tell your butcher, as far as I know, St. Louis is the only city to sell the exact cut, you would need to special order them. Well worth it!!!!

Post it! I love information and recipes!!!!!

The cream of chicken soup sounds great, PF. Thanks for the link!

The quail were really good as were the potatoes! Our kitchen smells heavenly with the Greek seasonings, garlic, lemon, and olive oil. I think, at this point, our antique oven could qualify for dual citizenship! :LOL: Next time, we need to split the quail for a more even cooking and less obscene presentation. On another note, I dreamed that we cooked them like marshmallows on sticks over the fire. :ROFLMAO:

The sardines were fabulous! We were a bit surprised that they were indeed frozen whole...which meant they had to be gutted and cleaned. Not as good as those we had in Barcelona, but we will definitely make them again. Yummy!

So we have a special Monday edition of Tailgating Sundays (should I pause here to wait on the witty remark from PF? :mrgreen:)

Da Bears are playing on MNF tonight and I just put a big hunk of beef in the crock pot for Italian Beef sandwiches.

Today my Browns are in Oakland so we have a late start (4EDT). With the extra time on my hands I thought ribs would be a nice way to tailgate. In addition, and because someone had to show off in another post, I decided to add a fatty to the ribs. I rubbed this up with the same rub, and stuffed it with cheddar (double cheddar blend). I have never done a fatty so this is an experiment in smoking goodness.

The box is warming, the ribs (and fatty) are rubbed and I am just waiting to put them in.

What are you using to celebrate Football Sunday?

Off to wake this afternoon. Dinner will be light today. Burgers on the grill.

P.S.: Today's wake is not connected to last week's wedding in any way.

Chili, lots of chili!

Looks like SF and Detroit on the screen right now and Shrek is fast asleep.

Back
Top Bottom