Tailgating Sundays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What did you cook to get ready for the game?
That does not happen at soccer games here, Liverpool has the oldest China Town in Europe so its a bit of a tradition for older fans to go there for a scran before the match, we go to the Ma Bo which has been hand making wonton dumpling for soup for 40 yrs, They have a massive cauldron in the window filled with broth and an very old man sitting next to it making the wonton's like a robot.

Younger fans just buy a hot meat and potato pie or pastie as they walk to the ground

Today I have done pizza. First time I have made pizza at home in a couple decades.

Kathleen: Green pepper, onion, black olive, mushroom.
Me: Pepperoni, mushroom, onion, and extra cheese. :)

I was going to do the grilled pizza thing, but I realized I am low on charcoal and with it being that week, I didn't have time to pick up more.

What game are you watching and what are ya eating?

Shrek is waiting for the Steelers and Patriots tonight.

I'm cleaning out closets and fixing his eats, Mac'n Cheese, salisbury steaks with gravy and potato rolls. Trying to keep walking in front of the screen, too much.

Today I have done pizza. First time I have made pizza at home in a couple decades.

Kathleen: Green pepper, onion, black olive, mushroom.
Me: Pepperoni, mushroom, onion, and extra cheese. :)

I was going to do the grilled pizza thing, but I realized I am low on charcoal and with it being that week, I didn't have time to pick up more.

What game are you watching and what are ya eating?

While I don't typically care for pizza, these pizzas were totally yummy! Plus, it followed the sequence of a football game.

Pre-game show: I watched Frank hand-toss the dough. Needless to say, I was totally impressed.

Kick-off: My pizza was carefully planned by me. Veggies were artistically placed as were the mixture of herbs so that I would have a delicate balance with each play (bite.) Once all players were lined up, the pizza-sized spatula kicked my pizza to the oven where it landed squarely on the pizza stone. Clearly a first down!

After a few checks in the oven, the pizza was pulled right at the perfect moment of done-ness. The crust was golden beneath and had the perfect combo of chewy and crispness. Touchdown!

For the two-point conversion, the veggies had been pre-sliced and were perfectly done with the crust.

Frank slapped his pizza together tossing extra pepperoni over his layer of pepperoni. He then added onions and mushrooms. Not liking black olives, he obviously had a flawed starting line-up.

The kick-off was good as his pizza landed on the stone. Baking time was set and not as much peeking in the oven occurred. A coaching oversight, in my humble opinion, as he later said the very center of his pizza was not as evenly crisp as mine. Touchdown without the extra points.

Score: Kathleen 8 Frank 6 :chef:

I'm watching the Browns game in OT right now. Looking forward to the Pats Steelers game tonight.

Dinner was going to be a Tuscan pasta dish with arugula, chicken and cheese. We ate a big lunch and are just snacking for dinner.

I'm watching the Browns game in OT right now. Looking forward to the Pats Steelers game tonight.

Dinner was going to be a Tuscan pasta dish with arugula, chicken and cheese. We ate a big lunch and are just snacking for dinner.

You'll be screaming for the Pats, Shrek is all attired for the Steelers...:cool:

This week Kathleen is gone so I am not really cooking. I made a nice breakfast of bacon and eggs, potatoes and home made bread.

Will have ham and swiss sandwich for lunch. Might even toss it on the griddle.

What are you tailing with for football today?

Hi Frank,

Today we are celebrating Our grandson's 4th birthday. There will be a host of appys before the cake and ice cream. Then the TV goes on for the game and we'll probably snack later on tonight.

The Patriots are playing the Colts and, according to ESPN, this is the game of the decade. I just want the Pats to win. We have to keep atop the division.

Back
Top Bottom