Tailgating Sundays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anytime the Colts and Pats play they seem to say it is the game of the century.

Good luck to ya, though I suspect the Jets are taking the division this year, the Pats should make the playoffs as a wild card.

What kind of appetizers are you serving today?

Shrek is waiting for the Steelers/Raiders game and noshing on gouda mac'n cheese. I have some Hebrew Nationals in the backfield in case he wants something more.

Today are the two final games in the CFL to determine who is in the Grey Cup next weekend. The first game is just starting, but the one with my beloved Saskatchewan Roughriders is at 1 pm PST.

I am making Corn Chowder for lunch and Spaghetti for supper - not traditional tailgating fair by US standards, but they can both simmer while I watch!

Anytime the Colts and Pats play they seem to say it is the game of the century.

Good luck to ya, though I suspect the Jets are taking the division this year, the Pats should make the playoffs as a wild card.

What kind of appetizers are you serving today?

Daughters brought pigs in blankets (an SO favorite), prosciutto and fontina in a crescent roll. We had spanakopita triangles, chips and dip.

That was followed by a Curious George cake and vanilla ice cream.

I felt bad about no tailgating for Frank, so Kentucky Fried Chicken - they do it right! Specifically their grilled chicken. It was yummy...for take out.

We are hosting the Panthers this week. Ironically we visited my parents who live in Panther country for the holiday. My brother is feeling this season badly, my Dad is a Browns fan.

This week we are doing pizza. I liked the dough last time, but I have reduced the water in it, just too slack the last time.

Dough is rising.. toppings are ready, oven heating.

What do you have for football tailgating this week?

Its the BIG game here today. Grey Cup Sunday, the last CFL game of the year. Alouettes vs Roughriders.

On the menu around here will be homemade pizza, (dough is in the fridge defrosting now) the standard crackers/cheese/sausage/pickles plate and likely some wings. I've not decided on wing flavor yet.

Its the BIG game here today. Grey Cup Sunday, the last CFL game of the year. Alouettes vs Roughriders.

On the menu around here will be homemade pizza, (dough is in the fridge defrosting now) the standard crackers/cheese/sausage/pickles plate and likely some wings. I've not decided on wing flavor yet.

Which do you root for?

And I would suggest hot for the flavor. :)

Go Alouettes. And the game is even in your city. How cold is it today?

Not that I care much about football.

Go Alouettes. And the game is even in your city. How cold is it today?

Not that I care much about football.

You cared enough to show a preference. :)

And it is just as important to cook for the game as it is to watch the game.

Are the Steelers playing today? It really doesn't matter, Shrek watches all of them, but he is a Steelers fan.

Food...Thanksgiving leftovers!

No dog in the fight today. Patriots won on Thanksgiving and don't play again until a week from tomorrow night.

However, a guy's gotta eat so we'll have a siu mai appetizer with cocktails this afternoon and chipotle pork chops and butternut squash for dinner.

taxlady, its right around 0 so it is perfect for the game. Theres a bit of snow blowing, but its just a light dusting right now.

Frank, I think Ken is rooting for the Als, (since the Eskimos aren't in it) but I'll likely root for the Roughriders (mostly just to irritate him ;)) The wings are medium hot, we have hot wimps in the house. *sigh*

All I have to work on today is when everything comes out and hits the table. I will likely have the cold platters out and refilled regularly. Wings might be after the first quarter and the pizza just in time for the last quarter. Think that ought to cover it nicely.

Yeah, my Roughriders get a chance to redeem themselves from last year's heartbreaker when they actually blocked a field goal that would give the Alouettes the win in the dying seconds of the game. There were no penalties on the block, but they had one too many men on the field and the field goal was redone, this time getting through and the Al's one.

For food, Dad and I aren't big eaters, but I did some appies - home made sausage rolls, and a cheese & cracker plate. For meal time I have burgers and oven fries ready to go. Simple fair, but we are a cheering section of two!!!

Last edited:
Frank, I think Ken is rooting for the Als, (since the Eskimos aren't in it) but I'll likely root for the Roughriders (mostly just to irritate him ;)) The wings are medium hot, we have hot wimps in the house. *sigh*

That's a better reason than I have for my Vikings gear...it's purple!:LOL:

I made "Alphonse special": grilled cheese with salsa and sliced onion. I usually do them on the electric skillet, but it was in the dishwasher, which my DH had forgotten to start. So, I decided to try the electric griddle, 37 cm x 47 cm (14.5" x 18.5") cooking surface. We usually only use it for pancakes. That was much easier to use for grilled cheese than the old electric fry pan. Easier to get the spatula under the sandwiches and non-stick, so cheese that melts off the edges doesn't stick. And, the dial still has temperatures that I can read.

One of those happy mishaps. I will definitely be using it for grilled cheese from now on.

Back
Top Bottom