Tassimo vs Keurig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sir Loin...the Keurig has a special thing so you can use your own coffee, and it is reusable, no waste at all.

I've done all my online shopping and done the comparisons. I think today I'm going to go look at the machines and accessories in person.

I really appreciate everyone taking the time to come and comment and tell me about your experiences. I still haven't totally decided, but I'm leaning in the Keurig direction. The responses have been overall positive. I've had cups of coffee from both machines and didn't notice a difference in the time it took nor in the taste of the coffee. For me, I know that the water used makes a huge difference. I'll be using distilled in this machine. No hard water scale to clean out!

I love my Keurig. I am mostly a tea drinker, but have an occasional cup of coffee. It took me awhile to find my favorites, but it makes a good cup of tea/coffee in my opinion. I have had better, but the convenience to taste ratio is higher then brewing/steeping it any other way. Plus its much easier to drink seasonal coffees this way, which I really enjoy. And the hot apple cider is really good.

You will have to pry it out of my cold fingers

Hmmm...Keurig seems to brew loyal followers. ;)

Anyone else have any tidbits about what they particularly like/dislike about their machines?

Hmmm...I think it's time for another FRESH cup of coffee, not one that's been sitting in the pot for the last 4 hours.:mrgreen:

Hmmm...Keurig seems to brew loyal followers. ;)

Anyone else have any tidbits about what they particularly like/dislike about their machines?

Shopping for K-cups. Grocery stores and departments stores usually package the cups in boxes of 18 for around $12.

Online retailers package K-cups in boxes of 24 or 25 for the same $12. Since Keurig brewers are also used in many offices, there are bulk options available...boxes of 144, etc.

I've done quite a bit of business with CoffeeforLess.com. Good service, accurate. Email offers with discounts. Amazon.com can also be competitive on pricing.

Shopping for K-cups. Grocery stores and departments stores usually package the cups in boxes of 18 for around $12.

Online retailers package K-cups in boxes of 24 or 25 for the same $12. Since Keurig brewers are also used in many offices, there are bulk options available...boxes of 144, etc.

I've done quite a bit of business with CoffeeforLess.com. Good service, accurate. Email offers with discounts. Amazon.com can also be competitive on pricing.

I have a 15% discount with the Keurig Club...cheaper than both sites you have, not by a lot, but it is cheaper.

Thanks guys! I think Keurig is the winner!

Is the Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine like what you are looking at with Keurig?
I just saw a commercial for one. They look like they can do everything.

Last night I saw an ad on TV for a single cup coffee maker that used a large scoop about the size of a Keurig pod. You just scoop the coffee of your choice and put it in the pot and press a button. One cup at a time.

Sadly, I can't remember the brand name.

I'd like to get something like that for my mom. I just sent her 2 pounds of coffee beans. Will have to check out the fill your own pods.

Is the Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine like what you are looking at with Keurig?
I just saw a commercial for one. They look like they can do everything.

Yep, that's exactly the sort of thing I've been looking at.

Just a one cup maker. Interesting.
I can see where it would come in handy.

I have a one cup drip cone thing, but it takes several minutes to get it done. If you're in a hurry I can see the Keurig thing being the cat's meow.

That's a good plus!
I love doing things in the morning when I'm not awake.
Still working on the ironing thing though :)

I generally don't wake up until I've been vertical for an hour, had a cup of coffee and eaten some breakfast. I do my best spam busting while I'm asleep.:LOL: I don't iron...ever.

pacanis said:
That's a good plus!
I love doing things in the morning when I'm not awake.
Still working on the ironing thing though :)

Have JoshuaNY add you to his laundry/ironing list.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom