The Only Thread Where You Are Allowed To Shill!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, yes and umm, YES!
Vegemite on toast is superior - most Aussie kids grew up on this.
Happy Little Vegemite’s! (Look it up)

When I first met my soon to be British husband. He gave me a piece of bread with a rather large smear of Marmite or Bovril (don't remember which).
I looked at that brown stuff and assumed it was sweet like a caramel or chocolate. Took a huge bite and nearly gagged. That was almost 50 years ago and to this day, as far as I am concerned, it is only good for making gravy.
Vegemite ranks right along side of them -
Salty, disgusting, kapuiee, ka-ka and just plain ugh!

I don’t use it that often in my cooking, soups and occasionally as a rub for bbq meats.
But it has endless possibilities in cuisines and has often been used as an ingredient in high end dining dishes.
It’s iconic, and absolutely delicious!

When I first met my soon to be British husband. He gave me a piece of bread with a rather large smear of Marmite or Bovril (don't remember which).
I looked at that brown stuff and assumed it was sweet like a caramel or chocolate. Took a huge bite and nearly gagged. That was almost 50 years ago and to this day, as far as I am concerned, it is only good for making gravy.
Vegemite ranks right along side of them -
Salty, disgusting, kapuiee, ka-ka and just plain ugh!
Heathen

I had, I believe it was Vegemite, but it may have been Marmite. It was at a party. i think they were putting it in okonomoyaki. Unfortunately, I can't easily get it here. I might be able to get Marmite, if I make a special trip to the Bramble House, a British shop in Valois, Pointe-Claire, QC.

I've gotten the Oxo tools from their website and always liked them.

Right now I want to shill for Safeway's Select Signature blueberry sorbet. It was delicious! I expected something like a few blueberries in plain yogurt, but this stuff was something else. It was tart but I like tart. In fact, I'm going to go down and get two more containers.

I also got a single serving size jar of lemonade from a company that makes different lemonades. I can't remember the name of it, but I got it at Winco and if I see it again, I'll post it. I'm always trying different lemonades because I had a lemon tree once and I have yet to find a store bought lemonade that could match the juice I made from those lemons. Florida's Natural lemonade seems to come the closest, but this lemonade from Winco just sort of blew it away.

I need to go back to Winco to get bird seed and I'll look for it again.

Back
Top Bottom