The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:LOL: Perfect place to plant those here for a laugh!

I've also seen "Redneck Medical Terms...", pretty funny, but I won't post the link here as it's got questionable terminology. :ohmy: Google-able, though. ;)

humor35.jpg

... I knew I still had that ... ;)

Here's some smiles for the Sick Room...

home-design_1.jpg

Thank you Kayelle. I really needed a laugh today. Every Thursday I go to have my legs looked at. Today was not a good day with good news. Another rash of blisters have shown up. And my right leg is swollen with fluid. But the good news is that on my largest wound it is showing less and less slough. (That is the nasty stuff that no one wants to see. Yellow gunk!) Hopefully, by next week it will be gone and it can start to heal from the bottom up. More that it has been.

Addie, I know how you feel. I am so sorry to hear you are having more problems with your legs.

My left ankle was getting so much better but is now swollen again. My right leg is still very painful and not very strong. I can't get to my GP until Monday or Tuesday (when TB is off and that is IF I can get an appointment then) and I am not pleased with either of the local clinics I have been to. I am not wanting to go to the ER. In light of the opiod crisis, they are treating chronic pain patients basically like addicts. Even though this is not one of my chronic conditions I am worried I will be sent away without help. I have heard that several of my friends with chronic pain (in Canada and the States) have already been turned away saying that there is nothing they can do. It is very frustrating because I don't know if the numbness and swelling is serious or not and there is no one I can really feel comfortable with to give me an answer.

On top of this I had a root canal done on Tuesday and my dentist is now wanting to do a whole bunch more work on my mouth. I can seem to get through to dentists (I have seen three) that sitting in the chair for 1.5 hours is really hard on my body. They say they understand and then go right back to wanting to do things their way. I just want my teeth out and get dentures but no one will do it.

I am very frustrated.

My MIL, who has been in a nursing home for the past couple of years, has apparently stopped eating and drinking. The doctors have asked my FIL for permission to take her off her diabetes and blood pressure meds and just keep her comfortable with pain meds. So we are probably going to be traveling to Michigan pretty soon. I think DH wants to go sooner rather wait, but I'm not sure what his schedule is like at work right now. Luckily, his boss is very understanding about medical issues and backs him up completely.

Love and best wishes to all of you suffering in any way right now [emoji813]

So, she was doing better for a while, but she has nowhere been hospitalized and has been non-responsive for a couple of days. She has apparently been having a series of mini-strokes; the most recent was in the brain stem. She's still breathing on her own, but it's a struggle. We're packing and preparing to leave for MI tomorrow, after my nurse comes to do my weekly Mediport care.

Take care, everyone [emoji813]

I'm so sorry to hear this, GG. I can feel the sadness in your post. :( You and Mr. GG take care, too. Sending hugs and strength during this difficult time.

{{GG and family}} Praying all of you will find peace in this journey. Keeping in mind they say hearing is the last to go, she will hear your words of love from your hearts.

My MIL passed away last night. We got a call from the nursing home and got there within 15 minutes and she had passed just a few minutes before. I'm thankful we were here with my FIL when it happened. He and DH went to breakfast and then to the funeral home this morning to finalize paperwork and arrangements. After three years of pain and progressive dementia, she is now at peace.

Last edited:
{{GG and family}} Praying all of you will find peace in this journey. Keeping in mind they say hearing is the last to go, she will hear your words of love from your hearts.
I want to thank you in particular for this, Kayelle. I encouraged DH to talk to her when we saw her after we arrived here Tuesday and I think it helped him, too. [emoji813]

(((Hugs GG and family)))

At the memorial for my mother, who died after years of dementia, the Unitarian Minister said, "We are not relieved that Elisabeth died. We are relieved that Elisabeth stopped dying."

(((Hugs GG and family)))

At the memorial for my mother, who died after years of dementia, the Unitarian Minister said, "We are not relieved that Elisabeth died. We are relieved that Elisabeth stopped dying."
That's a perfect description, TL. My FIL was talking earlier about the long goodbye. It's a terrible way to live, that's for sure.

I'm so sad for your DH, you, and DH's family. No matter how long a loved one has been "gone", it hits really hard when their mortal body finally gives in. Hugs and prayers for peace to you all.

This is a very kind statement by that minister. He understands what many family members have a hard time grasping. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom