The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I spent the morning on the ER, we are not sure what happened but my body decided it was time to behave badly. So I am not translating mead recipe or honey biscuits for this weekend.

As I get older, my mind and my body are having more and more arguments about what I can and can't do. :ermm:

I hope you feel better, quickly.

CD

I believe someone here posted this just recently with which I agree wholeheartedly -

I don't mind getting old - I just hate the side affects.

Hang in there guys. Feel better soon!

I woke up with really bad pain in my right side of my tummy, they couldnt figure out what it was, they ruled out everything severe and dangerous and told me to go home since they needed the beds ( big festival in town) and also if it went for the worse, I am close enough to safely get ambulance in. I can eat, my bowls work and it isnt as much pain yesterday, I am still going in just make sure.

This will cost me 60 bucks and then I have free card until next may.

The perks of living in Sweden, yes taxes are high but I get lots benefits from them.

Hey, everyone stop horning in on my territory. I am supposed to be the one with all the aches and pains. Get well fast!!!

Addie, sorry to burst your bubble, I have chronic pain and chronic tummy problem, so I am allowed to be in pain and whine. And yes I want some cheese with it! ;)

CakePoet, go ahead and whine - and cheese, if you want, too. This thread isn't Addie's exclusive domain. ;) If it makes you feel better to let us know what ails you, keep on sharing. I hope your tummy troubles settle out soon. It's tough to be a foodie and have a grumbly gut.

I spent the morning on the ER, we are not sure what happened but my body decided it was time to behave badly. So I am not translating mead recipe or honey biscuits for this weekend.

Take care. But if you need them, I can give you instructions on having a really sucky day. But I doubt that there will ever be a need for that.

CakePoet, go ahead and whine - and cheese, if you want, too. This thread isn't Addie's exclusive domain. ;) If it makes you feel better to let us know what ails you, keep on sharing. I hope your tummy troubles settle out soon. It's tough to be a foodie and have a grumbly gut.

I never claimed this thread as my personal domain. First you criticize me for using the wrong thread when I didn't feel well, and now you are concerned that I am taking it over. Far from it. I found the right thread and am using it. But only as a means to help myself feel better about the situation I find myself in. Not an easy one, I can assure you. I shall refrain from hogging the thread.

I never claimed this thread as my personal domain. First you criticize me for using the wrong thread when I didn't feel well, and now you are concerned that I am taking it over. Far from it. I found the right thread and am using it. But only as a means to help myself feel better about the situation I find myself in. Not an easy one, I can assure you. I shall refrain from hogging the thread.
Don't you dare - hog away to your heart's content!

Take a deep breath, Addie. I don't think CG meant to offend you. I think it was just a possibly unfortunate choice of words.

I'm pretty sure everyone got the humor in your post about "horning in on your territory."

Now, more than ever...LAUGH as much as you can. Laughter really is the best medicine. When I went through testicular cancer treatment, my friends were all taking it WAY too seriously, which was bringing me down. So, I responded with as many testicle related jokes as I could think of (there are plenty). I designed a Uni-ball Racing logo for my track car, based on the Uni-ball pens logo. :ermm:

That's just my four-cents (two-cents adjusted for inflation). :)

CD

Thanks, cd. I think I got this, but then again I just might dig myself a deeper hole...

Stop right there, Addie. Did you NOT SEE the ;) in my post? The ;) that I put right there, right after poking you about this thread not being your domain? Even though your post about everyone horning in on your territory did not include a ;) or a :LOL:, I figured you were just joking. I was joking back AND thought to put a ;) in that post. I have sympathy for what you are going through, and admiration for you dealing with it. If sharing your every step forward or back makes you feel better, go ahead and share. I'll figure that the Devil was pulling on your missing big toe when you got upset about my post and took it the wrong way. Trust me, if I have any intention of really yelling at someone, there will be no ;) or :LOL: in that post. Capisce?

As far as criticizing you about posting in a wrong thread, I don't remember it and can't find a post like that. All I remember is that there was a post that looked lost, and I posted the link to this Sick Room thread because you have mentioned once before that you didn't have the link to the thread. I thought I was helping, but if you took it as criticism, I'm sorry. I guess I won't help anymore... :(

Back
Top Bottom