The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't seem to be getting worse with the covid. I still poop out from next to nothing. At least I don't feel miserable. I'm still coughing. It isn't a scratchy cough. It's trying to get rid of stuff that seems well glued to the inside of my windpipe.
For all of you who are having trouble getting your energy back, it takes quite a while. Our very healthy and young (43 on Friday) son developed Covid after working the election polls in early November. He was able to get a prescription for Paxlovid quickly enough, but still has the lingering run-down feeling of tiredness. Just now starting to drag a little less, and it's been over a month and a half. Hope you all feel normal soon.

Well, now I'm wishing it *was* lactose intolerance. DH had a CT scan of the abdomen Thursday and they found masses in his liver. We don't know what they are yet - could be cysts or could be benign or malignant cancer. We couldn't get a biopsy or a more detailed scan scheduled last week, so we won't find out what it is til sometime next week.
Oh no, GG! I'm hoping and praying for you both that it's the least difficult of all the options. Nothing like keeping you hanging on tenterhooks. I hope they can get your DH in for more testing soon.

For all of you who are having trouble getting your energy back, it takes quite a while. Our very healthy and young (43 on Friday) son developed Covid after working the election polls in early November. He was able to get a prescription for Paxlovid quickly enough, but still has the lingering run-down feeling of tiredness. Just now starting to drag a little less, and it's been over a month and a half. Hope you all feel normal soon.
Yeah, so I have heard. My sister said that she was draggy for about two months. It's been two weeks since we tested negative. All the regular illness type symptoms are long gone, but the energy levels are up and down, mostly down. It doesn't take much to poop me out. I have heard all about it from friends, but knowing to expect it doesn't really make me happy about it.

Well, now I'm wishing it *was* lactose intolerance. DH had a CT scan of the abdomen Thursday and they found masses in his liver. We don't know what they are yet - could be cysts or could be benign or malignant cancer. We couldn't get a biopsy or a more detailed scan scheduled last week, so we won't find out what it is til sometime next week.
I feel like an idiot. I seem to have blocked out part of what our doctor said. According to the CT report, the masses in his liver are "consistent with metastatic disease." There are also masses in his colon and swollen lymph nodes. He has a liver biopsy scheduled for Friday, January 5. I can't believe this is happening.

I feel like an idiot. I seem to have blocked out part of what our doctor said. According to the CT report, the masses in his liver are "consistent with metastatic disease." There are also masses in his colon and swollen lymph nodes. He has a liver biopsy scheduled for Friday, January 5. I can't believe this is happening.
Oh, no....will keep praying.

Oh my! I'm sending you both big hugs and positive thoughts. May the goddess cradle you.

Here I am complaining about just a little problem compared to GG's and her DH's issues, but colds are total "blah". Both Himself and I have been bogged down for the last four days nose-blowing and coughing. Usually it's not a big problem to just lay around, sip tea, watch TV or read. BUT the movers come in 15 days to start packing what we haven't done, and the truck will roll a day or two later! :shock: Timing is everything, and this ain't good timing.

Well they say it takes seven days to get rid of a cold, so we're past the halfway mark.

Everywhere I go - work, store, around family - people are sick. And the stuff just keeps coming back. Just when you think you're over it, here it comes again. Sniffling, sneezing, coughing, sore throat, runny nose, headache, etc etc etc.

This cold and flu season has been proper stupid.

We really have to get this start to the New Year better! I feel for you all.
I have my own complaints too. My neuropathy in feet & legs is driving me nuts to night... sleep will not come, gonna be super groggy to wake up for my turn with the kids tomorrow.
I know, seems trivial beside everyone else but there yuh go... each man's woes

Linda, CG, GG! - joining taxy in sending you all super, super good vibes.

I've had a fever for a month now, it didn't leave after my other Covid symptoms went away. The doctors think I have long covid caused by my immunosuppresive medication for the Crohns & artritis.
So I could potentially get rid of the Covid, but then my Crohns and Artritis would come back so that's no option.

Luckily it's not a high fever and given I am already chronically ill it doesn't change much, but it does again add strain to my body. It's not great.

Sending healing vibes to all who need it too! 🙏

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom