The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's that you say? Never get old? Hehehe

I did Addie. I got a good nights sleep with this new foam mattress pad. My back didn't like the firm mattress I was sleeping on and it re-injured whatever progress I was making otherwise. A softer sleeping situation is what was needed, besides the couch. My back lower back injury might actually be getting better. $85 possibly well spent, maybe. :)

I just love a "good news" story. I too am getting better. I slept the WHOLE NIGHT through and didn't wake up with any pain either. About an hour of being up, the pain returned, but not as strong as before. So I did take a half dose of pain medication. It has held up all day. Feeling much better.

Take care of that back. It is the only one you have.

When I go to Mattress Firm, I will take a look and try out the foam offerings. Sure is less expensive that a mattress. Thanks for the feedback.

We had a memory foam mattress on our bed.
Notice I said had? It was great at first. But after a while it didn't take long before it lost it's memory.:rolleyes:

Turning and flipping it wasn't much help. It was hard for me to do alone.
We were very careful when we did it. The foam pad actually tore where the memory went. It couldn't be fixed.

Off to the dump it went.

Munky.

We had a memory foam mattress on our bed.
Notice I said had? It was great at first. But after a while it didn't take long before it lost it's memory.:rolleyes:

Turning and flipping it wasn't much help. It was hard for me to do alone.
We were very careful when we did it. The foam pad actually tore where the memory went. It couldn't be fixed.

Off to the dump it went.

Munky.

I slept on a mattress with a memory foam top, for one weekend. It was horrible. It was sooooo hard to turn over. I got sucked into that foam and could barely move. It was at my mummy-in-law's place. It was new. She got them to exchange it.

But a regular foam topper works fine for us.

I had a GREAT memory foam mattress and gave it up for this lousy hospital bed mattress. One of life's learning lessons. I can feel every spring inside and they make it very uncomfortable.

I think I am going to have to give in and get just a nice comfortable mattress. I will have to try every one when I get to the store Mattress Firm. I don't care if the head and foot can be raised. I just want comfort.

Last edited:
I am not feeling very well lately. I have the shake as lot and do not understand why. Does anyone else have them? It is very annoying.

Rather than post it here Addie, your best bet would be to give your doctor a call and tell them your symptoms.

Oh I will. This started the other day when I was there for my first lesson on how to walk with my artificial leg. They were concerned with the shaking then. It stopped before I left. But by the time I got home, it started again. It is not a continuous thing, but very the annoying never the less. I have an appointment tomorrow to see her.

Well, I went to see my cardiologist. According to him, the news I got was not very good. It seems I had been slowly bleeding internally and I didn't even know it. If I hadn't gone into the hospital when I did, I would have been dead in just a couple of hours. I can thank the ambulance attendants for saving me. They took one look at me and I guess I was sheet white. They had both sirens blaring at the same time to clear traffic. Within 20 minutes of arriving at the hospital, I had blood pumping into me.

Here it is 5:30 a.m. on the 18th of the month and I am feeling so much better. Looks like I am going to make that wedding after all.

Yesterday when I went into LM, I put my new leg on for more than 30 minutes. I kept having to stand up and it was ever so hard. But I am determined to wear and be able to walk with it. Gosh those PT workers are so good and have lots of patience with me. I complain and they agree with me. "Of course it hurts. Did you think this was going to be a walk in the park?"

Thanks everyone for all the emotional support. It got me through to today.

Well today was not a good day. I guess I am still in shock over my son's death. I am still in shock. When I woke up today for the life of me, I forgotten how to use the remote to the TV. It took me more than an hour to figure it out. And that was by trial and error.

I need tp give myself time. I still can't go into his room yet and I find myself yelling to him channels he likes. Is this nightmare ever going to end?

The reality is setting in now Addie, and grief has a hold on you. Is it not it possible for Spike to move in with you for a while at least?

No he has an apartment of his own only about two city blocks from me. Yesterday I went to PT and Karen the woman who works with me asked me a simple question. "Hi Adele, how are you doing?" That was all it took. I burst into a torrent of tears. She took me to a quiet room and called my social worker. I spent about 20 minutes with her, and before I left she reminded me that I don't have to put on a brave face with "I am fine." Because I am not. It was the first time I had even cried since Scott died. So from now on this is my healing time. How long it will take, I have no idea. But at least I don't have to keep saying I am fine, when I am not.

Thank you for caring Kayelle.

:LOL: I looked it up earlier, too - never heard of that term! My grandmother used to call it 'blinky'. Not quite sick with an identifiable illness, but sure not feeling great.

I hope it goes away by tomorrow, Taxy. And thanks for the new (to us) term that made us ponder and look it up. ;):)

Can't say I'd heard the term either but the meaning was pretty clear! Although I do like the story to the brass instruments. :LOL:

Yuh have t'befieve a story like that!

Back
Top Bottom