'Till I See You Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That stinks Crewsk. I will be thinking happy thoughts for you - hurry back when you can! I miss you already!

So sorry for the news. It is so frustrating when bad things happen to good people. Everyone has already said it- you are in our hearts, thoughts, and prayers.

Shannon

Crewsk, I couldn't stop thinking about your post and wanted to tell you something. A few years ago my son had a job he didn't like at all. The pay was good enough that he was afraid to take the risk of trying for another job. He called one day to say his company had downsized and he was out of a job, but with a good severance package. I said to him "so, what is your problem? you hated the job, some of the people weren't nice at all and you wanted to look elsewhere, so now you have the opportunity, but with pay." He told me he hadn't looked at it that way. He got right to work as though it was a job - to find a job - In a few weeks, long before the severance package had been depleted, he had found a much better job with a much better company with much better pay - and now they are paying for him to get his Master's degree. I know that you believe also that as one door closes, another, usually better, opens. I'm certainly hope that we hear that something great has opened up for your dh very soon. In the meantime, enjoy the holidays with your family.

aaahhh, licia, reminds me of a favorite chinese proverb-

~Now that my barn burned down, I can see the moon~

oh crewsk i am so very sorry about this. what a bummer. i really can't add anything more to what others have said... thoughts, prayers, and much love to your family. i really hope things turn around for the better for you guys very soon. good luck and we'll see you when you pop on from time to time

Gosh darn it...this year has been a real pill to swallow...
My Husband was just laid-off 3 weeks ago too, lucky his brothers company hired him on last week (a lot less in pay, but a job none the less)

Crewsk, all of us here will be missing and thinking of you and your family. Know that it really is true, that things happen for a reason.....And the best is yet to come.....

Godspeed to you and your Family Crewsk, we will miss you, and pray for a better day right around the corner.

shannon in KS said:
aaahhh, licia, reminds me of a favorite chinese proverb-

~Now that my barn burned down, I can see the moon~

shannon, I love this. Better than my old standby - one man's ceiling is another man's floor.

Thank you all so very much! Well, the day after I made this post hubby got a job working for Confluance Watersports building kayaks. The pay is much less than at his other job, he's working 12 hour shifts (7am-7pm), & he had to work Christmas Eve & Christmas Day, on the bright side, he works 2 days & is off for 2. But, we're getting by. I'm going to call our schools district office when school starts back next Tuesday & see if they have any positions open for substitutes. That'll help out some & I'll still be able to take care of the kids when schools out. I feel really blessed to have so many wonderful & caring friends! I love you all very much!

That's great news crewsk!
Didn't take him long to find a job at all!!
The kids you'll be teaching will be lucky to have you as a sub!

Have fun!

Awww, that's great crewsk!! I'm happy he got a job, even with less money. Now you won't be so stressed about it. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and the New Year brings you all you need and wish for!! BTW, we love you too! We've missed you!

So glad to hear that things are working out. We will keep hoping they get even better soon. Glad to see you back!

crewsk, don't ask my why but this completely passed by me.... :(
But I`m glad everything turned into something good at last... I wish you all the best and that you get along with everything!!!

crewsk,
I'm so happy for you and the family.. I just had a feeling things would turn around for you..We all love you and miss you..Take care and come back to us soon.

kadesma:)

crewski, I am glad to hear that thing are going better. My mom worked at a school when my brother and I were kids. It worked out great. She made some extra $$ and was able to be home when we were out of school. The sad thing was that we could not get away with anything at school because Mom was there. :) My mom had spies everywhere. The minute something happened she heard about it.

wow crewsk that was fast. great to see he's found something so quickly. good luck to you getting that substitute position. it'll really help you guys out alot more. you're still missed so stop in more often if you can.

Hey Crewsk, that is a great news!! I am sorry that he had to work throughout Christmas, but I am sure you found the time to get your celebration in, in your case you were entitled to rearrange it to another day!! Even with 12 hour shift, 2 on 2 off sounds like reasonable enough, it is quite often that you have to rough it out for a while as a new employee, but once he proves himself, I am sure he will get a good raise that he deserves soon. I am glad that things are working out for you!! Take good care of yourself and your loved ones, keep us posted and don't be a stranger!!

I know how it feels! Our budget is very tight so a couple times we have had our power out and phones cut off because we didn't pay the bill (or forgot).

Cameron

Back
Top Bottom