Tuesday's Dinner - 5/3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Skillet Rice with Shrimp and Veggies...........
Soy Sauce & Sriracha to finish.........

Shrimp Skillet 5-3-22.jpg

DH insists he is up to a steak. I'm not so sure, but I'm willing to let him try. I'm going to make SMALL filets, with baked potatoes and pan grilled asparagus. Emergency backup plan is leftovers...maybe the stew or HH, from the freezer.

Stay tuned...

Leftovers. In order of vintage: chicken, pork tenderloin, and sausage and peppers. I had some chicken with dill-garlic potatoes and a cut-up tomato.

Baked russet and sweet potatoes in french fry shapes, browned (oil free) and served with ketchup, honey mustard, and hummus. Between mr bliss and myself, 7 large potatoes. MMMMMM reminds us when we used to eat fries at a drive in a few years ago.

Supposed to have tacos, but didnt have all the ingredients , so went with plan B, burgers with a side of asparagus. ( supposed to have broccoli, but found several bugs intertwined in the florets. I dont mind finding one bug, but when I find a bunch, I just can't get it out of my mind when eating it, so off to the compost pile it went.

Today I made a one dish meal, using that sauce I made a few days ago, with mushrooms and Italian sausage, made with venison. I thinned it with some white wine, and a little water, then added some pearl barley, and whole sorghum, and pressure cooked it for 25 minutes. After the pressure released naturally, I stirred in a bunch more chopped basil, and served with some grated pecorino. It was a little thinner than I wanted, but it will thicken when refrigerated, and I'll have a good amount of leftovers in the next few days.
One dish meal, using the leftover pasta sauce from a couple of days ago, adding barley and sorghum grain. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

No spoons left after grocery basket delivery today, so we had sandwiches. I put a bunch of cheese and cold cuts, breads, mayo, mustard, and lettuce on the table. That worked quite well and we are getting through the backlog of food from the fridge that died.

Back
Top Bottom