Wednesday 1/18/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my goodness, just finished our big meal. I made dough yesterday, stuffed it with left overs I wanted to get rid of, cream cheese, cheddar, ham, mustard. Drizzled olive oil on it, baked the two separate pockets in a greased glass pie plate, then let parmesan melt on it while it rested. It was too much, too much, full as ticks now.
More left over ham will go on the other half of dough tomorrow for pizza.

Mise in place for tonight's dinner. Marinara just got done and is cooling a bit so it can get motorboated and taste tested. Main vessel for dinner just came out of the oven and is cooling so it can be handled.

37240-albums1041-picture6839.jpg

That sounds good, Flour, as does everyone's.

We had thin sliced breaded chicken breasts topped with Stonewall Kitchens curried mango sauce, nuked spuds, and salted english cukes.

Finished product. The Pit Stop's spaghetti squash from a Diners, Drive-ins and Dives episode. I ended up putting some parm in the filling because I thought it was a bit lacking in flavor, as well a few shakes of crushed red pepper. Came out pretty darn good.

37240-albums1041-picture6840.jpg

Nice meals everyone!

We are about to get another rain storm (no complaints here) but we're in need of some serious comfort food. I have a partial rotisserie chicken, so thought I'd put together some old timey "Creamed Chicken" like Mama used to make (with onion/celery/shrooms/peas) on mashed spuds for him, and wilted spinach for me.
Let it pour!!

I had a late lunch at a new nearby Five Guys today. Small bacon cheeseburger with the works, small fries, small coke. Ok- good, not great.
Too much food mid-afternoon to want dinner tonight. Maybe a little snack later.

Didn't want to cook a full meal. I ended up being creatively lazy...
...I have a partial rotisserie chicken...
Me, too, Kay! I repurposed mine into soup with the addition of some celery, carrots, and mini shell pasta. (Thank goodness for a supply of chicken broth Tetra-pacs.) Grilled American cheese sandwiches on multi-grain bread. I added bread-and-butter pickle slices to mine. :yum:

Attachments

• 2017-01-18 20.04.40.jpg
    2017-01-18 20.04.40.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 124
Tonight I sliced up part of a ham, pan-fried it and glazed it with homemade honey-mustard sauce. I also made caramelized onions with sautéed green beans, seasoned with Penzeys Mural of Flavor, and pan-fried baby Yukon gold potatoes. A few marinated cucumbers and slices of homemade buttered bread on the side. Yummy :yum:

Attachments

• 1484793910906.jpg
    1484793910906.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 122
Chicken salad from poached chicken, onion, celery, sour cream, mayo, S&P. Brussel sprouts and green beans.

I made TB patty melts with Caesar Salad. I had the last of the stroganoff because it is creamy and easy to chew (plus I really like it! :))

Haha....you guys crack me up...great sounding (and looking!) dinners with a little humor thrown in...:LOL:

I've been in a bit of a slump as far as creativity lately, but made a couple of really tasty shrimp tacos this evening. A throw together guacamole from the last of the avocados for a side. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom