Wednesday 12/14/2016 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
It depends on pain management and if I bake a batch of cream cheese and jelly cookies. It will either be chicken a la king or pot roast. One will be today and the other tomorrow.

Poached eggs on croissants. I have made Winthrop very happy. I gained back one pound this past week.

I've got a really nice roaster chicken and some potatoes, broccoli lemons and such.

My Beloved Wife got me a lodge cast iron pan for my birthday, it has the self-basting stalagtites on the lid. Anyone use this? I'm thinking of just throwing the chicken in with the potatoes on about 400 degrees for a half an hour and putting the veggies in with it for another 15 minutes, maybe with some butter?

I need to make seafood enchiladas and later this week orange beef with rice. I have to go to the opthamologist later today so a lot depends on if I can see afterward. I do have some veggie soup made.
Or I could just raid the Christmas cookies. Hahahahaaaa! Yep. That sounds like a plan. ;)

I need a quick meal as we will be rushing home after my dentist appointment to eat and get TB off to work.

So, I prepped some steak and veggies for Beef and Broccoli and just have to add water to the rice cooker to cook while I am stir-frying! I am adding mushrooms, carrots and onions with the broccoli to make a single dish.

Well I made 5 meter sausages yesterday, they have been bleed and are ready to eat today so we had a traditional boiled sausage dinner.

YUM!

I threw a pork loin roast in the crockpot this morning. Sides will be mashed potatoes and squash. I will make a gravy from the juice in the crockpot. I decided I needed something to be cooking while I was making krumkake.

Cuban sammies
37240-albums1041-picture6765.jpg

Yummy-looking Cuban, med. Everything else sounds good, too.

Monday ~
Himself: Did you have a cold or something? I had a sore throat yesterday.
Me: Nope.
Yesterday ~
Me: My throat was a little sore when I woke up today, but it's all OK now...
Himself: (Gets me won ton soup for supper :heart: )
Today ~
Me: Did anyone get the license plate number of the truck that ran over me? :ermm:

So...I have enough energy to make a pot of chili: ground meat, open a can of seasoned beans, open a can of tomatoes, add a bit more seasoning...good enough.

Feel better CG.

DD decided she wanted Chinese takeaway. That's good because my hands are screaming. So I am trying chicken and string beans. Hope it's good.

Hoping DD will help me with the cookie dough I made last night (cream cheese and jelly thumb prints).

Chinese takeout again. Crab shu mai, egg rolls, some new kind of thicker noodles in a dashi like broth (thicker than lo mein but not flat wide chow ho fun), and lemon chicken and rice.

I heated up a Trader Joe's vegan tikka masala and, for the first time in my life, I roasted Brussel sprouts. I hated sprouts as a kid. I would have to have them every Christmas day. Now I actually cook them for myself. It's funny how our tastes change as we get older!

I haven't been feeling well today, so I made an easy dish I haven't made in quite a while: Uncle Ben's Chicken & Vegetable Rice with sautéed vegetables and diced leftover roasted chicken. I couldn't help adding a couple extra seasonings, though ;)

I have been sick all day so I made the grandest thing I could.. take some fruit loops and put them in a bowl, cover with milk. Eat.

Wore out now.

I need a quick meal as we will be rushing home after my dentist appointment to eat and get TB off to work.

So, I prepped some steak and veggies for Beef and Broccoli and just have to add water to the rice cooker to cook while I am stir-frying! I am adding mushrooms, carrots and onions with the broccoli to make a single dish.

Appointment went way overtime so ended up having McD's in the car. I had double filet o' fish, TB had double 1/4 pounder with cheese, we split fries!

I guess we didn't get our fill of turkey so I pulled out a couple of turkey thighs from the freezer along with a pack of frozen dressing. Mounds of dressing topped with thighs in a cooking bag turned into a great meal with a couple of spinach salads.

I need to get some more cooking bags. Over the years, I forgot what a real difference they make for oven meals!!

Hi NYBrit. I know I'll never live long enough. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom