What adult beverage are you drinking right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At the moment... Nothing.

When I get home later? (Shh... Don't tell Vera) It'll be an american pale ale that was aged for 6 months in a used bourbon barrel. :mrgreen:

A very nice 2004 Merlot - opened the bottle to breath so we could have it with our steaks when DH comes home and it's already half (well I had to taste to find out whether it's still OK to drink) :)

Coffee for me today but tonight - there's a bottle of red with my name on it. E.R. is on tonight so I plan to get dinner over quickly, set the kids up with some activity, and watch tv with some wine and cheese. (My son will be 16 tomorrow and I think that's reason enough to drink the whole bottle myself!)

Whew... Bourbon and Sprite zero....

I don't often drink at home, at least not enough to get a buzz.... tonights the exception.... guess I am just in the mood. Hard ot believe i can still type..

Oh...whoa... bought ready for another one..

Left over mood from the Derby, Katie?
I am having my usual boring beer..... But don't tell the beer it's boring ;)

I'm kinda bummed with mine....
I had a bottle of Chardonnay I waited all week to open, I'm trying to have a drink only once or twice a week to help get my last 10 lbs off.
Anyway I had 1 small glass and I am so tired I didn't even want it. Now I opened a bottle of wine for nuthin!
Oh well.

An american pale ale, that was aged for 6 months in a used bourbon barrel. Very good. Very strong :mrgreen:

How about WHICH adult beverage am I drinking now?? COLD BEER!! Yeah...two or four of them!

ron .. what is the name .. or is it something you brewed ...
tried something similar sounding at the local watering hole but it had
a really strong vanilla taste ..

ron .. what is the name .. or is it something you brewed ...
tried something similar sounding at the local watering hole but it had
a really strong vanilla taste ..

Oops, sorry. Should have been more specific. It's one that I made. It was part of a group project with my brewclub. We bought a used bourbon barrel (The distillery name and the bourbon escape me at the moment) and a bunch of us brewed the same pale ale recipe. Once it was done fermenting, we filled the barrel with it. It aged for 6 months, and was then drained and replaced by a brown ale that we had brewed (which we are expecting to become a bit of a "sour" brown ale). After that we'll probably look at doing something along the lines of a flemish red, then probably a lambic.

An ice cold Budweiser is doing a great job at quinching my thirst right now!:-p

Back
Top Bottom